Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th August 2020, 12.03:07   #19-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Abstentions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
2 points. The trust haven't dismissed this resolution entirely but this should be actively pursued following the policy review.
Secondly, irrespective of the 65.74% vote. The pass mark required was 75%.
Personally think it's a good idea that should be explored, costed and re - presented for consideration. Maybe one of the players could take on this role if they were interested in coaching towards the end of their career.
Actually QuayRed you won’t be aware of this but the pass mark was amended to 66% after I successfully argued the case with the WST board.
I originally queried their logic in determining it as an extraordinary resolution (requiring 75%) as the constitution states an extraordinary resolution Is one that requires a change to the rules. On questioning, the board informed me that they thought this Director would be elected directly by the membership and therefore a change of rules. This was clearly a misunderstanding on their part and as The resolution covered that the position was voluntary and to be filed from either of the two existing methods of appointing a director there was no change to the rules.
The secretary emailed me on Friday to confirm that this resolution Would be accepted with 66%. A marker it is now standing on the line of if they correct the treatment of abstentions.
Old 9th August 2020, 12.07:25   #20-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

An abstention isn’t a vote for yes or no and therefore should not be included in either the yes or no vote. Abstentions shouldn’t alter the percentages either way.
Old 9th August 2020, 12.17:36   #21-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Actually QuayRed you won’t be aware of this but the pass mark was amended to 66% after I successfully argued the case with the WST board.
I originally queried their logic in determining it as an extraordinary resolution (requiring 75%) as the constitution states an extraordinary resolution Is one that requires a change to the rules. On questioning, the board informed me that they thought this Director would be elected directly by the membership and therefore a change of rules. This was clearly a misunderstanding on their part and as The resolution covered that the position was voluntary and to be filed from either of the two existing methods of appointing a director there was no change to the rules.
The secretary emailed me on Friday to confirm that this resolution Would be accepted with 66%. A marker it is now standing on the line of if they correct the treatment of abstentions.
Thanks for the clarification. The WST site still has Resolution R as requiring 75% which is what I saw when I read it last week. What are your thoughts about a player taking on this role? He could be someone who wants to start taking coaching badges and be employed at little extra cost.
Old 9th August 2020, 12.37:30   #22-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Thanks for the clarification. The WST site still has Resolution R as requiring 75% which is what I saw when I read it last week. What are your thoughts about a player taking on this role? He could be someone who wants to start taking coaching badges and be employed at little extra cost.
No problem l. I’m aware that mivote wasn’t updated but I have the email chain confirming 66% so that is the marker
In terms of who fills the role, Then the appointment is made by the Trust board as with all other Director positions. However the resolution was designed in such a way as to ensure it wouldn’t be impossible to find a candidate. It is essentially a line management role Where prior professional football is not necessarily a pre-requisite as the person is recruiting, staff management, training, measuring standards and KPI’s Etc. That said if an ex player wanted the role and the board felt they could do it then that would be great
Old 9th August 2020, 12.38:31   #23-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Should the four figure non attending and non voting members be counted as abstaining too?

They did not offer a proxy via the chair, so its the ultimate abstention!

Happy to collect a discount mind...
Old 9th August 2020, 12.40:12   #24-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Should the four figure non attending and non voting members be counted as abstaining too?

They did not offer a proxy via the chair, so its the ultimate abstention!

Happy to collect a discount mind...
Ha ha - people ain't obligated by the discount!
Posted via mobile theme
Old 9th August 2020, 12.57:57   #25-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 138+NotOut View Post
You should deduct the abstentions prior to calculating percentages imo. I've quickly checked a few of the percentages just now and this hasn't been done
Absolutely.

Abstention is not a 'no' vote, it's a vote that effectively wasn't cast.

What WST have done is mathematical manipulation to enhance a 'no' vote.
Old 9th August 2020, 13.18:00   #26-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS - Mold End or ERS Central

Think it's lucky that even the close one wouldn't have got the required 66% anyway. Could have been quite embarrassing if it did and the abstentions swung it
Old 9th August 2020, 13.24:06   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by 138+NotOut View Post
Think it's lucky that even the close one wouldn't have got the required 66% anyway. Could have been quite embarrassing if it did and the abstentions swung it
Resolution R was less than a vote away when you correctly take out abstentions.
While it didn’t hit the 66% threshold for members to force its adoption I would expect the board at the very least to have a serious discussion about adopting it given the strong feeling voiced by members.
I’m struggling to remember such a large yes vote for a resolution that wasn’t backed by the board? Maybe the platform resolution but I can’t imagine there have been many

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.11:00.