Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th August 2020, 13.38:22   #10-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Mi-vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
In the past I have been part of placing a resolution to the AGM . Cant really understand why anyone would need to liase with LJ as secretary unless the person undertaking said resolution was unfamiliar with the process.

I have also placed successful resolutions at many a professional and local government meeting. There is no mystery to it. On Saturday I was doing some paperwork whilst following the Zoom. I guess some others were also working and following the meeting.

I admire anyone who goes to the trouble of constructing resolutions but lets not give the impression that there is a need for the secretary to give it the rubber stamp.
What is the Secretary, on behalf of the board comes back to the proposer with some questions or for more information?
Old 9th August 2020, 13.40:19   #11-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
In the past I have been part of placing a resolution to the AGM . Cant really understand why anyone would need to liase with LJ as secretary unless the person undertaking said resolution was unfamiliar with the process.

I have also placed successful resolutions at many a professional and local government meeting. There is no mystery to it. On Saturday I was doing some paperwork whilst following the Zoom. I guess some others were also working and following the meeting.

I admire anyone who goes to the trouble of constructing resolutions but lets not give the impression that there is a need for the secretary to give it the rubber stamp.
Also are you going to address the question I posed of Whether it is fair For you to accuse those taking the time to enter resolutions of a lack of “common courtesy”. Personally I think that comment was bang out of order and should be retracted
Old 9th August 2020, 14.04:55   #12-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Also are you going to address the question I posed of Whether it is fair For you to accuse those taking the time to enter resolutions of a lack of “common courtesy”. Personally I think that comment was bang out of order and should be retracted
You will not get a retraction. Not addressing ones position re a proposal suggests an amateur approach involvement. And no I will not retract the word amateur.
How sensitive can some people be. Walk on.
Old 9th August 2020, 14.13:36   #13-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:

I mean... There's multiple emails back and forth so id argue you're wrong tbh
Old 9th August 2020, 14.16:08   #14-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
You will not get a retraction. Not addressing ones position re a proposal suggests an amateur approach involvement. And no I will not retract the word amateur.
For me it's common sense to attend in person and address and explain the reasoning behind your resolution. Or get someone else to do it on your behalf .
Old 9th August 2020, 16.01:31   #15-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
I believe that passive aggressive response say more about you than it does me so happy to leave it there
Old 9th August 2020, 16.10:46   #16-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff49 View Post
For me it's common sense to attend in person and address and explain the reasoning behind your resolution. Or get someone else to do it on your behalf .
Within the WST rules it says when submitting a resolution that you need to provide the form, justification for and content of it. At no point does it say you need to stand up in front of class and repeat all this. I struggle to see what benefit this adds.

It’s odd that some people voted based on whether the person presenting the resolution was actually at the meeting rather than whether they agreed with the resolution or not. Each to their own I guess.
Old 9th August 2020, 18.53:18   #17-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Not everybody has the luxury of a Saturday free or the luxury of working from home. To suggest rudeness/lack of common courtesy by not being there is somewhat lacking in empathy themselves in my view.

I have to book my holidays well in advance (months up to a year) since the amount of people able to cover isn't huge. Perhaps others are in similar situations. Who knows? Just assuming doesn't help things.
Old 10th August 2020, 07.43:23   #18-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

True. My wife was not impressed when i told her of the AGM timings, and the inference that i wanted to listen in live. Shopping was squeezed in earlier to accomodate me getting into Zoom at 2pm.
"Well its not as important as work, is it?" was her response. The fact that over 2000 other Trust members didnt join zoom on Saturday, could suggest that other households had similar conversations. Or was it that they simply "could'nt be arsed La!".

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.12:25.