RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Mi-vote (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116009-mi-vote.html)

-luke 9th August 2020 08.50:18

Mi-vote

Anyone got any idea which version of the mi-vote system we acquired a license to for AGM/SGM votes?

My understanding is there are multiple options

- a full managed service where mi-vote collate votes and provide results, independent and completely democratic.
- a non managed service, with votes still managed by us...

Be interesting to know, I thought the whole point of the service was to ensure no compromised votes could occur, but if we are still counting the votes ourselves and then passing these on to the independent 3rd party then what exactly was the point of spending money on an alternative approach?

I ask because we were able to adjust the voting end time yesterday at the drop of a hat suggesting the WST have full and total control over this still.

Willywill 9th August 2020 09.07:32

Re: Mi-vote

It was a slick exercise. Be nice to know how much the whole thing cost.

-luke 9th August 2020 09.11:32

For clarity I'm not about to start disputing the outcomes...im challenging this from a decision making process on the assumption that the fully managed service wasn't used.

Red Light 9th August 2020 09.19:52

[QUOTE=-luke;2376726]For clarity I'm not about to start disputing the outcomes...im challenging this from a decision making process on the assumption that the fully managed service wasn't used.[/QUOTE]

Good on you for raising the question.

Now all we need is a transparent answer.

Inside Left 9th August 2020 09.31:48

For some reason or other I did not recieve the invitation to 'attend' the meeting. yet did for last weeks. A few minutes before the meeting was due to start I contacted Mi-vote and they sorted the problem out. So for me, despite the hitch, the experience was a good one.

In a previous thread I described the voting procedure as a dog dinner and received criticism from a past chair of the trust.who felt it was fine. Well, I still feel that the Mi- Votes voting system requires streamlining and might take up the matter with them.

It was good that approx 115 'attended' and were able to vote remotely. Perhaps in future those who put forward proposals should be advised to 'turn up' and speak in favour and respond to questions from members on their proposal. That is what happens at normal meetings.

Lets hope we get back to normal soon - but who knows Zoom could play a part in future live meetings for those who can't attend.

WrexhamO 9th August 2020 12.22:00

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2376732]For some reason or other I did not recieve the invitation to 'attend' the meeting. yet did for last weeks. A few minutes before the meeting was due to start I contacted Mi-vote and they sorted the problem out. So for me, despite the hitch, the experience was a good one.

In a previous thread I described the voting procedure as a dog dinner and received criticism from a past chair of the trust.who felt it was fine. Well, I still feel that the Mi- Votes voting system requires streamlining and might take up the matter with them.

It was good that approx 115 'attended' and were able to vote remotely. Perhaps in future those who put forward proposals should be advised to 'turn up' and speak in favour and respond to questions from members on their proposal. That is what happens at normal meetings.

Lets hope we get back to normal soon - but who knows Zoom could play a part in future live meetings for those who can't attend.[/QUOTE]

At least 2 people making resolutions last year did not turn up....

Inside Left 9th August 2020 12.23:47

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2376765]At least 2 people making resolutions last year did not turn up....[/QUOTE]

I just feel it to be common courtesy - but there again call me old fashioned :)

Haruki 9th August 2020 12.40:52

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2376766]I just feel it to be common courtesy - but there again call me old fashioned :)[/QUOTE]

Maybe you under estimate how much work goes into researching a resolution, writing a resolution and the time spent liaising with the Secretary/ board? Believe me it is hours and hours of work.
If you then have other important commitments (it is a Saturday afternoon remember) is it fair to be criticised for a lack of “common courtesy” that you weren’t on a 5 hour zoom call when most votes are already cast before the meeting?

Inside Left 9th August 2020 13.36:15

[QUOTE=Haruki;2376774]Maybe you under estimate how much work goes into researching a resolution, writing a resolution and the time spent liaising with the Secretary/ board? Believe me it is hours and hours of work.
If you then have other important commitments (it is a Saturday afternoon remember) is it fair to be criticised for a lack of “common courtesy” that you weren’t on a 5 hour zoom call when most votes are already cast before the meeting?[/QUOTE]

In the past I have been part of placing a resolution to the AGM . Cant really understand why anyone would need to liase with LJ as secretary unless the person undertaking said resolution was unfamiliar with the process.

I have also placed successful resolutions at many a professional and local government meeting. There is no mystery to it. On Saturday I was doing some paperwork whilst following the Zoom. I guess some others were also working and following the meeting.

I admire anyone who goes to the trouble of constructing resolutions but lets not give the impression that there is a need for the secretary to give it the rubber stamp.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.18:05.