Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th August 2020, 11.54:30   #10-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: How do we move forward now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
I would expect from the standpoint of those who want to change things they should accept that the silent majority who do not vote would need to see something tangible to persuade them. They are simply not interested in the organisation of the club , what the Board do or don't do, whether minutes are published rightly or wrongly etc. Their continual failure to vote in large numbers on anything proves that.
In the middle of a national crisis they are even more unlikely to be bothered
by the internal goings on in the club. The silent majority only want to know when football will restart, how Covid will effect the match experience and how much they will have to pay. That I suspect is what the current Board will be focusing on until this pandemic is properly under control. They certainly won't be interested in the views of Red Passion which most of the silent majority do not read, in fact may not have even heard of.
So I do not think that the fan base is divided, that those who are against change are deluded or indeed those who want change are likewise deluded. If the Board came along and announced that the club was likely to fold the silent majority would then sit up and act as they did when the Trust took over the club. Until that happens I do not see the need for any radical change.
You spelt fraudulent minutes potentially breaching fiduciary duties wrong but I'll try and overlook it
Old 9th August 2020, 11.54:31   #11-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
100%...but I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see Spencer taking on the role of WST chair really.
In my opinion it is a clear conflict of interest for the same person to be Chair of the WST and be a football club director. How can you chair the body deemed to keep you accountable?
Old 9th August 2020, 11.59:02   #12-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
In my opinion it is a clear conflict of interest for the same person to be Chair of the WST and be a football club director. How can you chair the body deemed to keep you accountable?
I'm not disagreeing with you... But look at current FC and WST board structure. They have no problem with this.
Old 9th August 2020, 12.02:44   #13-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Ignore off the field for a moment, we need a proper football philosophy.

Just reading the Non League Paper about the stories behind Weymouth and Altrincham getting promoted part time on small budgets and the same article says Barrow had a bottom 6 budget.

We have wasted monumental amounts of money on the wrong managers (barring Ricketts) and coaches.

We are stuck with Keates for the foreseeable but a brave appointment and a bit of patience could see us achieve our dreams despite the ineptitude of those running the club.

I think its time to take a chance on someone young who has had success at a lower level but is a better man manager than say Wilkin. He then must have his own coaching staff.
Old 9th August 2020, 12.04:28   #14-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you... But look at current FC and WST board structure. They have no problem with this.
Agreed. Current relationship between the boards is not fit for purpose, making an Fc board member the chair further enhances that. Pretty sure we arguing the same thing here!!
Old 9th August 2020, 12.11:16   #15-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Agreed. Current relationship between the boards is not fit for purpose, making an Fc board member the chair further enhances that. Pretty sure we arguing the same thing here!!
Absolutely we are... I wasn't suggesting it like it was a good idea, I can just see how they would make the immediate leap to thinking its the right thing to do.

For me... An outspoken football man to be elected into that role. Mickey Thomas or Gary Bennett would be my pick
Old 9th August 2020, 12.18:39   #16-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

The new WST Chair needs to be very much his own man with the backing of the non football board members. It will probably be a secret ballot so he will not know the strength of his backing.

The new chair must be prepared to openly challenge the football board members if deemed necessary. He can at least know that the confirmatory vote showed the feelings of many members.

Key is that the new Chair can identify talent within his committee and unite the WST board. His first task will be to set clear objectives for his own board and a direction for the football board.

Aim - Going forward as a team - Good luck to all at this difficult time.

Last edited by Inside Left; 9th August 2020 at 12.19:46..
Old 9th August 2020, 13.14:29   #17-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

I find it odd that it was the trust board rather than the football club board that decided to sack Hughes.

Surely the whole point of the football club board is to make football-related decisions on behalf of the trust board?
Old 9th August 2020, 13.25:16   #18-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
AGM done and dusted

How do we reunite the fanbase?

Personally I'd like to see the new WST chairman take the bull by the horns and address the grievances and issues we have. We can't keep avoiding these answers. It was stated at the time of the operational board Q&A that there would be a Q&A with the WST board. Now is the perfect time to do it

Id also like to see some new faces on the club board. Ideally James Kelly, if for nothing more than a change of demographic. I would have loved to have seen Sarah Howard-Smith on the club board but sadly she's no longer on the WST board. Matthew Scott would make a great addition as well, there'd certainly be more hope for change with him on the board.

How do you propose we move forward? What changes would you like to see?
I think we can only go forward, if the SGM & AGM are now seen as lines in the sand and we dont forget the mistakes of the past 18 months but we draw a line and stop harping on about them. I think the demand for change has truly sunk in with everyone concerned and subject to review change should happen.

The main priority for now is survival and whilst we remain 100% fan owned it is entirely in our hands that the club succeeds where I suspect many will fail. Outside investment is also key but it will be difficult to find this in the current economical climate let alone if we not all seen to be wanting success.

We fundamentally disagree on the manager's position. I believe we need stability here more than ever. Once appointed Keates should be given opportunity to take us forward and an opportunity to recruit his own squad. He should be safe in his post for at least 3 months of a new season and if he does get a decent budget then we then will need to see us challenging.

Therefore, why not drop the KEATES OUT banner and try and get behind the manager and team and I'm sure others will follow your example.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.52:55.