Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th September 2020, 22.19:22   #10-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END
Twitter: @

Default Re: Two live matches on BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Could this be the ultimate way forward - more I think about it then the more sense it makes - with winter approaching.

Supporters would have more disposable income - eliminate travel / parking costs - food & drink.

Stay at home and watch on tv - either paid for by your season ticket or a game to game subscription - not ideal but in terms of reducing the potential for being a victim of Covid it could help clubs to survive - people in high places are going to have to make big decisions very soon. If supporters knew they had a choice of sitting at home and watching a live stream or physically attending a match what would they decide in the current climate ?
Me too, attend the match . But if the ticket is not for a specific seat I would have to think seriously about that especially if the only available seat is around the barmy army who will never respect social distancing. If they tell me I can only go in the University stand where the barmy army go I am out.
Old 11th September 2020, 22.35:41   #11-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Lots of considerations - which might change over passage of time.

What if infection rates soar as winter kicks in ?

I would imagine there will be many older supporters in our fanbase who have already made the decision not to attend games in person - some people may well be undecided as everything appears up in the air - seating arrangements - just getting in and out of the stadium will be interesting alone.

Very easy to say 'attend the match' but things have and are likely to change further - also much depends on where you live and how you travel to the Racecourse - combined with your age and potential vulnerability - not everyone is in their early 20's, a male and full of testosterone and alcohol !
Old 12th September 2020, 07.24:25   #12-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Lots of considerations - which might change over passage of time.

What if infection rates soar as winter kicks in ?

I would imagine there will be many older supporters in our fanbase who have already made the decision not to attend games in person - some people may well be undecided as everything appears up in the air - seating arrangements - just getting in and out of the stadium will be interesting alone.

Very easy to say 'attend the match' but things have and are likely to change further - also much depends on where you live and how you travel to the Racecourse - combined with your age and potential vulnerability - not everyone is in their early 20's, a male and full of testosterone and alcohol !
Well said, ideally I'd attend matches but im not prepared to compromise my, and my family health and at the moment. Everyone has individual circumstance they need to take account of.

I have no idea what broadcasting rights issues there are (although Aldershot obviously don't seem to thjnk there are issues) but if possible I'd pay to watch streamed coverage of games at present.
Old 12th September 2020, 07.43:15   #13-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

With the scheduled start date of the new season fast approaching an awful lot needs to happen if we are to admit spectators to any stadium.

The R rate is rapidly accelerating now - new restrictions as from Monday limiting gatherings to 6 people - 'organized sport' in the list of exceptions but not sure if that relates to playing participants or the attendance of spectators.

Seems a farce if true that 7 people wont be able to assemble in someone's house yet potentially 2,600 can assemble at a home game - big decisions need to be made quickly but the whole situation appears a logistical nightmare.
Old 12th September 2020, 07.49:45   #14-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

I see Buxton are allowing paying spectators for their friendly against Chester today. Joking aside about Chester’s poor support, how has this been allowed? They’ll be expecting a crowd of several hundred at least won’t they?
Old 12th September 2020, 08.50:44   #15-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Leyton O chief on radio this morning praising their strong board of directors (His claim) Stating that they had got live stream sorted but still concerned about the financial state of matters in the lower leagues .

Also Rochdale guy on and expecting 2,000 capacity at their ground which holds 10,000. Again really worried about the future for clubs like themselves.

Some hints at clubs that directors will have to dig deep into their pockets to give clubs a loan to see through the current crises.

Today Nantwich entertain Altrincham with tickets on sale pre match and limited as well - also traceability in operation. Club house open to take way drinks food etc etc. Seems very well organised.

Good luck to all managing clubs in the current unstable situation.
Old 12th September 2020, 09.20:09   #16-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post

Today Nantwich entertain Altrincham with tickets on sale pre match and limited as well - also traceability in operation. Club house open to take way drinks food etc etc. Seems very well organised.
Of the games I have seen this season 2 were all ticket for crowds of less than 300 therefore your details were known. Temperature check taken at one ground on entry. One way systems into bars, where name and phone number were required. All well organised by clubs playing at levels below us. I don't see why at our level and conf North and South we cannot test our covid procedures at pre season friendlies with limited crowd numbers.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.01:08.