RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Squad (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116128-squad.html)

Ddraigoch 13th September 2020 19.22:46

Squad

GK - Lainton, Dibble & Dawid

Full backs: Reece Hall Johnson, Reckord,

Centre backs: Pearson, Kelleher, Vassell, Cleworth,

Utilities: Carrington, Jordan Davies,

Midfielders Rutherford, Harris, Jeffrey, Young, Durrell, Redmond,

Forwards: Thomas, Bickerstaff, Ponticelli, Jarvis, Yussuf,

Possibly to come: Horsfield & A N Other

A good balance of youth and experience. Just remains to be seen what the formation will be?

Wrecsam91 13th September 2020 19.33:49

Re: Squad

if dibble and rutherford start games it all falls apart

WV1 13th September 2020 19.52:15

Don’t think anybody can argue with that squad so far.

Look solid all over.

No glaring weaknesses.

If this was in a real world I’d be really looking forward to the season.

Red Light 13th September 2020 20.05:02

22 players on that list - how on earth will we pay their wages for any length of time not forgetting the many other expenses incurred in running a football club - that's just a list of the playing staff then there are all the other employees too.

WREX01 13th September 2020 20.05:16

A much improved squad.

Only two areas I would look to improve are midfield, where I’d look to ship Redmond out and replace him.

And upfront if Bickerstaff is loaned out we would need another forward.

With our impending American takeover, let’s go all out for Rose and Cook :jester:

joe 13th September 2020 21.30:07

[QUOTE=Wrecsam91;2383779]if dibble and rutherford start games it all falls apart[/QUOTE]

Surely Rutherford’s not going to get much of a sniff with Davies, Durrell, Jeffrey, and Jarvis all potential wide players.

Think a physical CM to add a bit of depth there and we’re done. Another striker if we’re being greedy.

EnglishRed 13th September 2020 21.37:08

I think right now I'd rather we didn't sign another striker and kept Bickerstaff involved in the first team as cover. I also have hoped that Redmond will take this last opportunity and become the player we all want him to be , that would be like a new signing(thats more hope than expectation though tbh).

aussiejackoinsaudi 13th September 2020 21.37:34

There's going to be a lot of players with nothing to do on the weekend with a squad that size.

davewilli 13th September 2020 21.40:50

[QUOTE=joe;2383798]Surely Rutherford’s not going to get much of a sniff with Davies, Durrell, Jeffrey, and Jarvis all potential wide players.

Think a physical CM to add a bit of depth there and we’re done. Another striker if we’re being greedy.[/QUOTE]

It's a long season with 2 games a week so unless we are extremely lucky with injuries the squad will get stretched. We seem better equipped this season but we shouldn't be bothered who is in the team if they are performing and consistently putting decent crosses and passes into the strikers.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.25:53.