Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th September 2020, 12.23:41   #381-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham Supporters Trust board call SGM following a bid to purchase the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
Fans are not stupid they realise continued WST ownership will almost certainly result in a financial disaster especially when Covid is factored in on top of everything else.

Otherwise there would be no WST engagement with outsiders. This is a case of leaving the sinking ship.

We are now in a lottery. Turning this down will almost cetainly see the end of club.

Equally, it could well be this potential new owner MAY also prove disastrous but if they do actually put serious money into the club it looks a far better bet than the near certainty of the WST running out of money.

How arms length is this new party? If the likes OF SH and LJ continue to be involved perhaps it is simply deferring things,

There is no such thing as a risk free existence as we can now see.

Being risk averse has brought us to our knees. We need to be bold and go for it (subject to proper due diligence).

I strongly suspect if this offer goes belly up it is unfortunately going to prove too late to find alternatives. Alternatives have been there all along but narrow minded and egotistical views in the WST hierarchy have put us where we are today .

This offer is not some great work by the WST but proof of failure. Due to this we may be getting a sub-optimal deal but the alternative is not at all appealing.
Excellent post.

The club is projecting a loss of £500k for the season - a fact that the interested party will be aware of, so we're not in a strong bargaining position, particularly as the club is also signing a lot of players without apparently having the funds in place to honour their contracts.

That smacks of the Trust assuming the deal is as good as done. I hope they have a back-up plan if their membership reject an offer, or if indeed negotiations fail and it doesn't get to offer stage.

One things for sure, playing their hand as they've done, you wouldn't want the board members on your poker team.
Old 16th September 2020, 14.31:12   #382-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Default Re: Wrexham Supporters Trust board call SGM following a bid to purchase the club.

Rumour has it Dougie's got wealthy clientele over in the states. Some big window firm in Wisconsin apparently.
Old 16th September 2020, 14.36:50   #383-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

i would hazard a guess that negotiations are at an advanced stage already and guarantees in place
Old 16th September 2020, 14.44:25   #384-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

I just hope that a certain member of the Board that's dragged this Club down with appalling decisions over the last few seasons , isn't offered some new position in a new set up . That would be disgraceful but wouldn't be surprised .
Old 16th September 2020, 14.46:07   #385-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspark View Post
i would hazard a guess that negotiations are at an advanced stage already and guarantees in place
I also think the negotiations are further than they are telling us. Don't have a problem with that, it's the end product that counts.
Old 16th September 2020, 14.46:29   #386-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspark View Post
I’ve thought the same, we have signed what I believe to be good players from our league and the EFL. And I know the WST have to ask the fans, but if they class then as credible investors and have said they are wealthy and well known, then they sound as if they approve.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 16th September 2020, 14.50:58   #387-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

just get it over with, suspense is killing me, just want my football club back, this season almost knackered before we start, when we are allowed back in, if it is really high profile backers attendances will be high, anticipation is higher than usual, going to be a frustrating few weeks, where did i put that valium
Old 16th September 2020, 14.55:25   #388-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND

Yeah can’t imagine they’ve just asked and no other discussions have taken place. Guaranteed they’ve held loads of talks already
Old 16th September 2020, 15.27:39   #389-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: ERS

If the board spell it out as it is, effectively in these 'Covid' times we will not have the money to finish the season.... Then i can't see how anyone will vote it down (second vote)
As I see it. Its either accept the takeover or go bust. Its that simple.
How else do we pay wages on socially distanced crowds of 1000 max? South Wales have gone into lock down haven't they? Despite no deaths in Wales in over 2 weeks.
Old 16th September 2020, 15.32:36   #390-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: In your seat
Twitter: @Only1Carter

Fans are well within their right to have reservations but voting against holding advanced talks and learning more is simply ludicrous.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.35:54.