Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th September 2020, 10.23:55   #31-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham Supporters Trust board call SGM following a bid to purchase the club.

The wording of the statement by the WST is interesting. It already implies they see this as a trustworthy approach so to me it’s a no brainer. Let’s get the club sold !
Old 14th September 2020, 10.24:36   #32-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Rd

Default Re: Wrexham Supporters Trust board call SGM following a bid to purchase the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABd View Post
The SGM is to vote to allow/disallow the WST board to proceed with discussions.

If approved, the identities would then be known. There would then be a final vote on whether to approve the offer.

That's my understanding of it.
It’s a no brainer at this stage we will only be voting on whether the board should enter discussions with the potential investors. 🤷*♂️
Old 14th September 2020, 10.24:54   #33-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

So how do you set this zoom thingy up? Being of a certain age it’s a bit over my head, next best thing can I vote without going on zoom?
Old 14th September 2020, 10.25:31   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS - Mold End or ERS Central

Am I right in saying the club is sold for say £1 and £2m in the bank to spend straight away?
Old 14th September 2020, 10.25:49   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy buckley View Post
Nice of you to join the party
Been a life member since it started
Old 14th September 2020, 10.26:24   #36-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by 138+NotOut View Post
Cynical me says why remain anonymous. We should ask the Trust board if they personally trust them to have best intentions of the football club at heart.
The WST state it is a credible offer.

Interesting date for the meeting. Will the WST use it to support or oppose the deal.

I will vote yes. Then, unless there is clear doubt, I would vote to sell up.
Old 14th September 2020, 10.27:53   #37-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Absolutely in favour of entering into negotiations. If it all sounds crooked during negotiations then we can walk away, but the wording sounds like we're onto a good thing:

An approach to invest in Wrexham AFC Limited has been received by two extremely well-known individuals of high net worth, advised by credible and professional advisers (“the Investors”).

Your typical Colin Poole, Alex Hamilton, Stuart Murphy types could hardly be categorised like this.

Big part of me still thinks this is all a bit too good to be true, especially in such unstable times, but we have to go as far as safely possible.
Old 14th September 2020, 10.27:58   #38-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonplny View Post
Savage and Hughes - pure guess
i,m with you here but its Hughes and savage .
Old 14th September 2020, 10.28:11   #39-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

For those who can't get on it

Background
The trust has received a number of approaches from parties wishing to invest in Wrexham AFC Limited or acquire a controlling interest in Wrexham AFC Limited. Resolution F passed at the annual general meeting of members on Monday, 25th June 2018 and Resolution E passed at a special general meeting of members on Saturday, 1st August 2020 provide guidance for the board as to how such approaches should be dealt with by the board (“the Previous Resolutions”).

One of the approaches by two extremely well known individuals of high net worth advised by credible and professional advisers (“the Investors”) have indicated that they would wish to purchase the entire issued share capital of Wrexham AFC Limited for a nominal sum and immediately invest £2 million into Wrexham AFC Limited for the purposes of taking the club forward as a business and as a successful football team (“the Offer”).

The board of Wrexham Football Supporters’ Society Limited (“WST) and external professional advisers consider that the indicative offer is entirely credible. The board of WST consider that a credible potential offer of investment of the magnitude of £2 million should be assessed and negotiated so that a firm proposal can be placed before the members as rapidly as reasonably possible.

The Investors have indicated that they wish their identities to remain confidential until members have authorized the board of WST to proceed with discussions. However, the profile of the Investors is such that there is likely to be a significantly increased profile for the football club and very substantial commercial opportunities going forward. The identity of the Investors will be made known to members in the notice of any emergency general meeting called to approve a transaction.

The board of WST seek the approval of the members to actively pursue discussions regarding the Offer notwithstanding the fact that the terms of the offer may not be entirely consistent with a strict interpretation of WST’s constitution and the Previous Resolutions.

Resolution – to be passed as an ordinary resolution. Please note that this is one resolution in three parts and you have to approve/ disapprove all 3 parts as a single voting item.

1. Notwithstanding the Previous Resolutions the board of WST or sub-groups of the board (and advisers) be authorised to discuss the Offer with the Investors in order to negotiate a detailed heads of terms for a potential transaction with the intention that once a detailed heads of terms is negotiated the board of WST will call a further SGM for members to accept or reject the Offer. Acceptance of the offer would be by an extraordinary resolution.

2. At an SGM called for approval of the Offer WST board will provide all appropriate
information regarding any offer to members. The Investors will be permitted to present their vision for Wrexham AFC Limited to the members in writing or by audio visual means.

3. The board of WST be authorised to engage appropriate professional advisers, subject to controlling any exposure as to costs.
Old 14th September 2020, 10.28:52   #40-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Perhaps a stupid question, but why would someone want to randomly get involved with a club like Wrexham and pump money into it? Am I right to be cynical?
I'm as cynical as the next person where money is involved. However there are people around like Jim Radcliffe who has so much money they are looking for ways to enjoy spending it. Think what it costs to train and run a racehorse yet thousands do it to enjoy their money for little or no return. There are a few super rich around who after they have looked after their families would enjoy a Wrexham project to sink their teeth into. I would hope the persons involved have some link with the town.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.09:36.