Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th September 2020, 15.20:24   #1-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Cautious optimism

For a start I have voted yes straight away to the first question. It is a no brainer to see more detail and I feel that the WST statement implies that this is a legitimate bid.
But for the second stage I am approaching this with cautious optimism. I think most fans would recognise that the club wouldn’t be here without WST but the past 5 or 6 years just haven’t been up to scratch. Additionally the competition at this level is now higher than ever and money certainly talks. Under the WST we simply won’t have the money to compete every year without significant changes in the way the club is run.
That being said I am cautious that the new owners are reputable and trustworthy. I have seen lots of fans on here and on Facebook that are willing to sell regardless. We only need to look at Bury and see where that could end. I am not going to vote yes to sell unless I am as sure as I can be that due diligence has been undertaken.
Finally I am slightly bothered about who the two buyers are. I just hope we are not turned into a circus if they are celebrities. That being said provided their intentions are decent it’s something I’ll swallow and vote for.
Overall it feels quite exciting to think that we could soon be in a position where the club can compete financially to get out of this hellhole of a league. Hopefully the owners get a decent football person in to run the club and we can move forward.
Old 15th September 2020, 15.59:29   #2-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: on a seat

Default Re: Cautious optimism

Well they cant be asset strippers because we've not got any
Old 15th September 2020, 16.05:30   #3-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Agree to the investment or we go bust.

Barring the investor being complete lunatics it’s a no-brainer.
Old 15th September 2020, 16.06:26   #4-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

many claims can be made against the current board(s) but not having the best interests of the club at heart no matter how misguided is ,for me, not one of them.
I feel the fact that they have proposed what effectively is their own demise underlines that. It may have been beyond them to take this club back where it belongs but some of the vitriol posted here and elsewhere was unfair and unjust.
Old 15th September 2020, 16.29:32   #5-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

Our club survived, albeit at the eleventh hour, when many a lesser supported club would have gone under. Lost forever. Whilst I remain critical of a number of the boards decisions (especially on a managerial appointment basis), and of a seeming lack of ambition, I remain grateful that we still have a football club. That also makes me appreciate the stewardship that has provided relative financial stability but, sadly, lacks what is really needed to progress.
New ownership at this stage, when many other clubs will struggle, especially through this pandemic, could not be timed any better. Bring it on!
Old 15th September 2020, 16.40:15   #6-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardrd View Post
Our club survived, albeit at the eleventh hour, when many a lesser supported club would have gone under. Lost forever. Whilst I remain critical of a number of the boards decisions (especially on a managerial appointment basis), and of a seeming lack of ambition, I remain grateful that we still have a football club. That also makes me appreciate the stewardship that has provided relative financial stability but, sadly, lacks what is really needed to progress.
New ownership at this stage, when many other clubs will struggle, especially through this pandemic, could not be timed any better. Bring it on!
So true
Old 15th September 2020, 17.15:10   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS - Mold End or ERS Central

My concern is if they're the same as me Hartlepool and Chesterfield then why did they turn them down? And why are we 3rd on their list?
Old 15th September 2020, 17.17:46   #8-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by 138+NotOut View Post
My concern is if they're the same as me Hartlepool and Chesterfield then why did they turn them down? And why are we 3rd on their list?
We don't know that is the case. If it is so, then I too would be concerned.
Old 15th September 2020, 17.22:45   #9-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardrd View Post
I agree and voted yes to see what is on the table.

On the other hand why have they shown no previous interest and why only during the pandemic?

I'm not complaining mind
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.14:30.