RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Are we the next Salford/Forest Green/Fleetwood? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116140-we-next-salford-forest-green-fleetwood.html)

Percy Sugden 15th September 2020 09.20:25

Are we the next Salford/Forest Green/Fleetwood?

Would substantial private investment put us in the same bracket as the teams mentioned? After all, many on here are against others “buying the league”.

Is it acceptable that we accept investment whilst being critical of others who have done the same?

I’m of the opinion that huge investment is required for the club to thrive in the future. Should we end up with new owners I’d quite happily see us “buy the league”!

dragonspark 15th September 2020 09.22:58

Re: Are we the next Salford/Forest Green/Fleetwood?

bring it on, it certainly wont bother me, i will bathe in any success going, the major differance would be full stadiums home and away, when we are allowed back in

rob_1072 15th September 2020 09.24:41

I think the criticism of those clubs come from the fact that a few years ago they had no fan base, no setup and it appears to be a vanity project for the owners. Lincoln got investors and I don’t recall anyone moaning about that at the time? Because they were already an established club with history.

Pompey Dragon 15th September 2020 09.25:44

I always looked down on those clubs and wanted us to get out of the league on merit but I couldn't care less now as long as I don't have to look at non league fixtures every week.

Kiddy Dragon 15th September 2020 09.25:52

£2million = 4 nice detached houses

subbuteorob 15th September 2020 09.27:22

I'd like to think we are the next "Red Bull" aiming for the Championship at least. Can't see the vote going that way though.

Percy Sugden 15th September 2020 09.27:43

[QUOTE=dragonspark;2384443]bring it on, it certainly wont bother me, i will bathe in any success going, the major differance would be full stadiums home and away, when we are allowed back in[/QUOTE]

That’s how I feel.

There was massive negativity towards others whose success was driven by money in the past. I just wonder whether those opinions will change should it happen to us....

Cartman 15th September 2020 09.31:19

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2384451]That’s how I feel.

There was massive negativity towards others whose success was driven by money in the past. I just wonder whether those opinions will change should it happen to us....[/QUOTE]

Just jealousy from most and an easy excuse from Spencer and the others.

In reality we'd all love to flash a bit of cash, finally get to see some genuinely exciting players back at the Racecourse (playing for us) and climb the leagues.

Anyone who doesn't want that are the ones with the real "agenda"

EnglishRed 15th September 2020 09.31:22

I dont think wed be exactly the same as them as we are a traditional club with a decent fanbase (my football snobbery is showing) so we arent coming from.nowhere like thise clubs.

Weve paid our dues and deserve a bit of good fortune tbh.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.40:01.