Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th September 2020, 17.29:33   #11-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Cautious optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by 138+NotOut View Post
My concern is if they're the same as me Hartlepool and Chesterfield then why did they turn them down? And why are we 3rd on their list?
If these 2 well known individuals are the same people who approached Hartlepool and Chesterfield surely we could ask these clubs for names.
Old 15th September 2020, 17.37:01   #12-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by 138+NotOut View Post
My concern is if they're the same as me Hartlepool and Chesterfield then why did they turn them down? And why are we 3rd on their list?
It doesn’t sound like it is, those behind those bids would not reveal themselves. It sounds like the WST know those behind our bid.

It could be that we've recieved multiple bids, hence the the different names floating about and this ones the best of the rest.
Old 15th September 2020, 17.47:51   #13-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigJ View Post
For a start I have voted yes straight away to the first question. It is a no brainer to see more detail and I feel that the WST statement implies that this is a legitimate bid.
But for the second stage I am approaching this with cautious optimism. I think most fans would recognise that the club wouldn’t be here without WST but the past 5 or 6 years just haven’t been up to scratch. Additionally the competition at this level is now higher than ever and money certainly talks. Under the WST we simply won’t have the money to compete every year without significant changes in the way the club is run.
That being said I am cautious that the new owners are reputable and trustworthy. I have seen lots of fans on here and on Facebook that are willing to sell regardless. We only need to look at Bury and see where that could end. I am not going to vote yes to sell unless I am as sure as I can be that due diligence has been undertaken.
Finally I am slightly bothered about who the two buyers are. I just hope we are not turned into a circus if they are celebrities. That being said provided their intentions are decent it’s something I’ll swallow and vote for.
Overall it feels quite exciting to think that we could soon be in a position where the club can compete financially to get out of this hellhole of a league. Hopefully the owners get a decent football person in to run the club and we can move forward.
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully all WST members will be similarly cool and measured in their thoughts about any offer.
Old 15th September 2020, 17.49:30   #14-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Anyone who votes no in my opinion is so close-minded that they would just turn down any bid regardless of who it was and how much they offered.

This vote, to me, is a test of how reasonable the WST members are. As I said in another thread, I understand not just selling to the first offer than comes around, but at the same time I think not listening to any bids is just as silly.
Old 15th September 2020, 19.25:39   #15-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
It could be that we've recieved multiple bids, hence the the different names floating about and this ones the best of the rest.
The full resolution states:
Quote:
'The trust has received a number of approaches from parties wishing to invest in Wrexham AFC Limited or acquire a controlling interest in Wrexham AFC Limited........ One of the approaches by two extremely well known individuals of high net worth.....'
It's not clear whether several approaches have been made recently, or if they just mean over the whole tenure of the WST. Seems to suggest all quite recent, the way I'm reading it.

Maybe there's a bidding war going on for the hottest asset in world football
Old 15th September 2020, 19.43:20   #16-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Ant and dec
Old 16th September 2020, 10.35:30   #17-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

sales will be up in the cent then

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.14:41.