RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Cautious optimism (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116143-cautious-optimism.html)

bigJ 15th September 2020 15.20:24

Cautious optimism

For a start I have voted yes straight away to the first question. It is a no brainer to see more detail and I feel that the WST statement implies that this is a legitimate bid.
But for the second stage I am approaching this with cautious optimism. I think most fans would recognise that the club wouldn’t be here without WST but the past 5 or 6 years just haven’t been up to scratch. Additionally the competition at this level is now higher than ever and money certainly talks. Under the WST we simply won’t have the money to compete every year without significant changes in the way the club is run.
That being said I am cautious that the new owners are reputable and trustworthy. I have seen lots of fans on here and on Facebook that are willing to sell regardless. We only need to look at Bury and see where that could end. I am not going to vote yes to sell unless I am as sure as I can be that due diligence has been undertaken.
Finally I am slightly bothered about who the two buyers are. I just hope we are not turned into a circus if they are celebrities. That being said provided their intentions are decent it’s something I’ll swallow and vote for.
Overall it feels quite exciting to think that we could soon be in a position where the club can compete financially to get out of this hellhole of a league. Hopefully the owners get a decent football person in to run the club and we can move forward.

the sleeping giant dies 15th September 2020 15.59:29

Re: Cautious optimism

Well they cant be asset strippers because we've not got any

FieldtownRed 15th September 2020 16.05:30

Agree to the investment or we go bust.

Barring the investor being complete lunatics it’s a no-brainer.

moynkeepthefaith 15th September 2020 16.06:26

many claims can be made against the current board(s) but not having the best interests of the club at heart no matter how misguided is ,for me, not one of them.
I feel the fact that they have proposed what effectively is their own demise underlines that. It may have been beyond them to take this club back where it belongs but some of the vitriol posted here and elsewhere was unfair and unjust.

howardrd 15th September 2020 16.29:32

Our club survived, albeit at the eleventh hour, when many a lesser supported club would have gone under. Lost forever. Whilst I remain critical of a number of the boards decisions (especially on a managerial appointment basis), and of a seeming lack of ambition, I remain grateful that we still have a football club. That also makes me appreciate the stewardship that has provided relative financial stability but, sadly, lacks what is really needed to progress.
New ownership at this stage, when many other clubs will struggle, especially through this pandemic, could not be timed any better. Bring it on!

Jumpersforgoalposts 15th September 2020 16.40:15

[QUOTE=howardrd;2384669]Our club survived, albeit at the eleventh hour, when many a lesser supported club would have gone under. Lost forever. Whilst I remain critical of a number of the boards decisions (especially on a managerial appointment basis), and of a seeming lack of ambition, I remain grateful that we still have a football club. That also makes me appreciate the stewardship that has provided relative financial stability but, sadly, lacks what is really needed to progress.
New ownership at this stage, when many other clubs will struggle, especially through this pandemic, could not be timed any better. Bring it on![/QUOTE]

So true :)

138+NotOut 15th September 2020 17.15:10

My concern is if they're the same as me Hartlepool and Chesterfield then why did they turn them down? And why are we 3rd on their list?

Prodigal Dragon 15th September 2020 17.17:46

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2384685]My concern is if they're the same as me Hartlepool and Chesterfield then why did they turn them down? And why are we 3rd on their list?[/QUOTE]

We don't know that is the case. If it is so, then I too would be concerned.

Vorporix 15th September 2020 17.22:45

[QUOTE=howardrd;2384669]Our club survived, albeit at the eleventh hour, when many a lesser supported club would have gone under. Lost forever. Whilst I remain critical of a number of the boards decisions (especially on a managerial appointment basis), and of a seeming lack of ambition, I remain grateful that we still have a football club. That also makes me appreciate the stewardship that has provided relative financial stability but, sadly, lacks what is really needed to progress.
New ownership at this stage, when many other clubs will struggle, especially through this pandemic, could not be timed any better. Bring it on![/QUOTE]

I agree and voted yes to see what is on the table.

On the other hand why have they shown no previous interest and why only during the pandemic?

I'm not complaining mind :)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.15:58.