Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th September 2020, 21.39:58   #1-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Nomads v Dinamo Tbilisi at Racecourse - players test positive - game still on

https://www.the-nomads.co.uk/news/article.php?id=1051 statement out just now.

"Ahead of Thursday evening's UEFA Europa League fixture against Dinamo Tbilisi, the club would like to make an official statement regarding the game.

On Tuesday night our entire playing squad, coaching staff and operational staff undertook the mandatory COVID-19 testing, as stipulated by UEFA, and as a result, three senior players have tested positive with an additional player showing symptoms of the virus.

Throughout our return to play, we have adhered to all of the regulations and recommendations put in place by both FAW and UEFA. The health and safety of our staff and players is our absolute priority at all times and every single decision and action that we have taken reflects this.

As a result of the positive tests, all affected players have been put into self-isolation with immediate effect.

Following communications with Public Health Wales, UEFA and the Football Association of Wales today, we have followed all of the steps in the Return to Play protocol and every recommendation made to the club throughout each phase of our return to competitive football.

By diligently following the advice of the relevant authorities, and putting extensive measures in place, we've been given the go-ahead to continue with hosting the game at The Racecourse. It'll be an enormous challenge for the club to take on the Georgian Champions with just 14 available players but we will give it our all regardless.

Following pre-season we had already accumulated a number of injuries as George Horan sustained a pulled hamstring and Aeron Edwards had broken his hand. These compound an already difficult situation for the club.
Old 17th September 2020, 09.12:34   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Nomads v Dinamo Tbilisi at Racecourse - players test positive - game still on

Nomads down to the bare bones !

What an ongoing nightmare - such a shame that when they get the chance to play in Europe and at the racecourse that their squad is so depleted and no crowd can watch the game.

As for Covid - this will unfortunately, in my view, just be the start - when players at clubs in our league programme start going down in groups of three we will be quickly thrust into a regular pattern of postponements and fixture congestion.

Anyway, good luck to the Nomads tonight.
Old 17th September 2020, 10.09:06   #3-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Default Re: Nomads v Dinamo Tbilisi at Racecourse - players test positive - game still on

Real bum luck for the Nomads - would love to have been able to support them especially at the home of Welsh football.

I still have nightmares about playing, against the wind and rain, up the slope at the old Half Way ground as a junior, I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Good luck Nomads, you have a mountain to climb.
Old 17th September 2020, 11.40:11   #4-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Big shame. Nomads seemed the best chance of a Welsh league side progressing after TNS embarrassed themselves yesterday.
Old 17th September 2020, 12.21:57   #5-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: i stand

How can this game go ahead? surely all the players would have been training together. To get 3 or 4 testing positive then highely likely others could come down with symptoms and it gets passed to opposing team or officials?
Old 17th September 2020, 12.35:38   #6-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillEBadass View Post
Real bum luck for the Nomads - would love to have been able to support them especially at the home of Welsh football.

I still have nightmares about playing, against the wind and rain, up the slope at the old Half Way ground as a junior, I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Good luck Nomads, you have a mountain to climb.
BillE - happy memories of the Half Way ground - all covered in xxxxxx houses now.

The only thing that hasn't changed is the tide in the still Dee comes in twice a day !

A Friday night under the floodlights at Deeside Stadium is very enjoyable though - nice little club - a stand with a roof and decent food & drink.

If ever we get back to normal perhaps an opportunity to take in a fixture - we also have Flint Town United just down the road who again have a tidy set up and a smashing little social club on the side of the ground.

I'll be rooting for Nomads - what a fantastic job Andy Morrison has done - although I don't hold out much hope for them but at least they are competing in a European tournament which is significantly more than the vast majority - shame yet again that Deesiders have been denied the chance to see them on home soil - they are not allowed to play European ties at Deeside.
Old 17th September 2020, 12.36:14   #7-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop

Utter madness to carry on with the game.
Old 17th September 2020, 12.44:09   #8-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: i stand

correct kiddy - I just don't understand how the Welsh FA and UEFA have given permission???? shocking
Old 17th September 2020, 12.52:26   #9-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

What's the alternative option ?

Postpone the game ? play it sometime in the future and hold up the competition ? will the situation change ? my view it's just going to get worse.

3 players test positive and have been sent away and self isolating - the rest either carry on with life or do the same.

3 Flintshire schools have closed down in the last week or so due to Covid - teachers can't get tested / schools will run out of teachers - mass lock downs again in both education and football - do we accept it and fold over or try to battle on ?
Just saying and throwing the debate open because I really can see this as the tip of the iceberg - I have little confidence that if I paid out for a 10 match season ticket book I would get to see the games - we are still owed refunds from last seasons ST's and the Barrow match - for the first time we are now heading for winter and Covid - each day that passes more and more people will be spending their time indoors as weather gets cooler and colder. You rarely hear of anyone getting flu in summer do you - but the winter is another matter.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.38:12.