RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Possibility of no Fans in any Sport until March 2021 (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116199-possibility-no-fans-any-sport-until-march-2021-a.html)

yale_paddock 22nd September 2020 19.45:00

Possibility of no Fans in any Sport until March 2021

According to a meeting with Government tonight

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54246745[/url]

Jaded 22nd September 2020 20.10:39

Re: Possibility of no Fans in any Sport until March 2021

[QUOTE=yale_paddock;2386812]According to a meeting with Government tonight

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54246745[/url][/QUOTE]

Is anyone really surprised? As I said a week or two ago, I'd be amazed if there's a season for the National League where clubs play in front of fans. Live streaming seems to be our best bet.

marathonplny 22nd September 2020 20.18:32

They said at tonight’s SGM that live streaming was but looked at

Red Light 22nd September 2020 21.33:45

[QUOTE=Jaded;2386829]Is anyone really surprised? As I said a week or two ago, I'd be amazed if there's a season for the National League where clubs play in front of fans. Live streaming seems to be our best bet.[/QUOTE]

This

The National League is right down the pecking order of life - nothing has changed, the winter is approaching, no confidence that anything is going to improve enough for the Government to relax conditions - until we are all vaccinated this will go on and on.

I don't think its the physicality of sitting in a socially distanced plastic seat away from others - it's the other factors of how people get to their seat - travelling by public transport, turnstlles, exit gates - the list is endless.

Best bet is a TV system for each club as Kidderminster demonstrated last Saturday - however the virus wont go away. I watched Everton V WBA at the weekend - final whistle and players from both camps shaking hands / hugging each other as though no threat exists at all - once players and managers start dropping out (West Ham United David Moyes and two players) there simply wont be a game - postponements / fixture pile up / no end to the season - again.

Haruki 22nd September 2020 21.38:03

[QUOTE=Jaded;2386829]Is anyone really surprised? As I said a week or two ago, I'd be amazed if there's a season for the National League where clubs play in front of fans. Live streaming seems to be our best bet.[/QUOTE]

I’ve said for a few weeks that this season won’t finish. Streaming only addresses the issue of fans not being in stadiums. If players begin testing positive it could become unsafe for then to play and train at a sport that makes socially distancing impossible

willyheckerslike 22nd September 2020 21.57:41

Can the last National League Club to remain solvent please turn the lights out!

bowler 22nd September 2020 23.57:24

The government did say they are looking into helping clubs? Seeing is believing.

Prodigal Dragon 23rd September 2020 08.17:42

No fans equals no money.

No money equals no football.

If the clubs have not put effective clauses into their players’ contracts and there are no generous hand-outs from the FA (doubtful) or government (possible) then most clubs will go bankrupt.

I just hope we have covered our six, and the prospective buyers have factored this hiatus into their bid; otherwise, we too will be living on borrowed time.

We must remember that even if the games go ahead, whilst most players would have no long-term problems if they contract Covid-19, many are likely to get it. Consequently, it would be likely to necessitate games being postponed because of outbreaks amongst squads.

Essentially, it’s easy to blame the government for this — working man’s game faux rage :31: — but it’s more complex than that.

Wrexy 23rd September 2020 08.19:17

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2386834]They said at tonight’s SGM that live streaming was but looked at[/QUOTE]

As an exile living 200 miles from my home town club I’d love to see the live streaming of games during lockdown. I’d be more than happy to pay for that either via a virtual season ticket or via pay per game.

I rarely get to travel back to Wrexham these days but 3:00pm on a Saturday will often see me glued to the radio listening in. The club currently derives zero revenue from me but could monetise the support of many by streaming games.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.11:01.