Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th September 2020, 12.54:05   #37-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: The WST post potential club sale:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
You have had a say in it, we elected people to do that for us. This is the 11th hour of negotiations and the offer is for 100% of share capital. Suddenly making counter offers could scupper the whole deal.
When Portsmouth were purchased from their supporters trust, there were negotiations following the announcement of the interest and feedback from fans. The buyers initially offered £0 and eventually paid £6m. They also subsequently negotiated a 'golden share' for fans, a 'heritage committee' to ensure the club's colours aren't changed (e.g. Cardiff), and a guarantee that the club wouldn't move out of Portsmouth.

Just taking the first offer is not smart business practice.
Old 24th September 2020, 13.24:46   #38-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
When Portsmouth were purchased from their supporters trust, there were negotiations following the announcement of the interest and feedback from fans. The buyers initially offered £0 and eventually paid £6m. They also subsequently negotiated a 'golden share' for fans, a 'heritage committee' to ensure the club's colours aren't changed (e.g. Cardiff), and a guarantee that the club wouldn't move out of Portsmouth.

Were Portsmouth budgeted to lose over 100k more than they had in the bank over the course of the upcoming season? If not, they were potentially in a significantly stronger negotiating position than we are!
Old 24th September 2020, 13.31:47   #39-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

If the rumours on the other posts are true, then the bidders are attracted by the club's history and the towns industrial past, which makes this more of a philanthropic venture- a project for successful, wealthy individuals to become involved in something more meaningful outside of the superficial holywood bubble.
A win-win scenario for both the club and the duo, who certainly wouldn’t need or wish to tarnish their own reputations or images, simply in order to try to make a few quid out of a skint non league club, who were possibly heading for relegation last season anyway. That would make no sense whatsoever.
The clubs profile has increased globally as high as it has ever been in just a few hours, merely through talks with these two, while posters are coming back onto RP for the first time in years and the many who are opposed to the trust are already looking to come back to games if this goes through. And yet some still want to hang on to the idea of a fans owned model which has taken us to the point of relegation to the Conference North?

Last edited by eastsussex; 24th September 2020 at 13.35:15..
Old 24th September 2020, 13.32:24   #40-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post

Who said we will accept the first offer?
Old 24th September 2020, 13.53:23   #41-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Like everyone else i am amazed and delighted at this turn of events. The prospects for the club could be awesome if this deal goes through. My main concern is what happens if/when the investors want to move on. I would not want to endanger the proposed take over but feel we need a safety net of some sort to avoid ending up in the hands of a Hamilton.
Old 24th September 2020, 14.04:45   #42-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

The devil is in the detail and blind adulation is dangerous. This still needs careful treatment as whilst R and R maybe the names we still need to see a business plan and who will actually be running the club at Cae Raes and how.For sure it won't be ryan and Rob!
As for their motives a close friend who worked in the film industry for 40 years told me today to remember that all actors are barmy and impossible to predict !
Old 24th September 2020, 14.22:45   #43-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff49 View Post
The devil is in the detail and blind adulation is dangerous. This still needs careful treatment as whilst R and R maybe the names we still need to see a business plan and who will actually be running the club at Cae Raes and how.For sure it won't be ryan and Rob!
As for their motives a close friend who worked in the film industry for 40 years told me today to remember that all actors are barmy and impossible to predict !
We don't need to see a business plan at all.

We'll see a conceptual vision, the head of terms, and beyond that I don't think anyone has to show us anything really.
Old 24th September 2020, 14.54:20   #44-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff49 View Post
I think it would be good to see the Trust's business plan to compare. Last I recall, it was to lose 500k this season while having 350k in the bank. Can anyone correct those figures? If I'm misremembering and we actually have enough to survive without another loan even if this doesn't go through then it will be a weight off my mind!
Old 24th September 2020, 15.26:36   #45-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: A red plastic one

We can't afford to scupper the 100% deal if that is what Reynolds etc are adamant about.
In my eyes owning 0% of something that exists (Wrexham FC) is better than 100% of nothing which is what will happen if this deal doesn't go through.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.21:02.