Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th September 2020, 10.29:19   #73-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Tech End
Twitter: @

Default Re: The "Not a Penny More" Brigade

Only Wrexham fans could tear themselves apart over the best news in decades to happen to the club. Enjoy it lads.
Old 29th September 2020, 10.38:55   #74-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: I wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown View Post
Only Wrexham fans could tear themselves apart over the best news in decades to happen to the club. Enjoy it lads.
So true
Go the Reds
Old 29th September 2020, 10.47:00   #75-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy red View Post
FOG
I brought my wife to the racecourse for our honeymoon
I brought my two sons to the racecourse when the eldest turned 21
I brought the captain of Australia’s schoolboys to trial at Wrexham and he played against Blackburn staying four seasons.
I have spent $50,000 to watch around 10 games in 50 years.
Reckon I am pretty passionate mate.
Thats impressive. This country has changed (for the worse in many ways) over the last 50 years. You would notice it more than anyone i would imagine
Old 29th September 2020, 10.53:33   #76-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown View Post
Indeed.

I've spent a lot over the years on this club. More than some, less than others. I've had a season ticket for a long time, again longer than some and shorter than others. I'm also fully aware that others don't have/can't afford a season ticket.

I wouldn't use any of this as a point of comparison with anyone else. Passion is a very subjective and emotive term, I'm no better or worst anyone else.

This really is not a pissing contest.
Old 29th September 2020, 11.04:58   #77-0 (permalink)
Legend

As fans, we turn into bigger shithouses each year... Shithouses one upmanship
Old 29th September 2020, 12.30:56   #78-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy red View Post
FOG
I brought my wife to the racecourse for our honeymoon
I brought my two sons to the racecourse when the eldest turned 21
I brought the captain of Australia’s schoolboys to trial at Wrexham and he played against Blackburn staying four seasons.
I have spent $50,000 to watch around 10 games in 50 years.
Reckon I am pretty passionate mate.
You've spent on average $5,000 over 50 years to watch a 90 minute game of football.

There are many adjectives to describe you that spring to my mind when I hear that.

Passionate is funnily not at the top of the list
Old 29th September 2020, 12.39:27   #79-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase1runner View Post
Totally agree with this. I'll be paying £20 to stream the game, at a game - my season ticket, those of my two teenage boys, feeding them at the game, fuel, program, raffles and the occasional pint costs my over £50 a game. I spend it gladly for the team I love. Understand if you can't afford to pay more but to say you will just be giving them £10 because that all its worth is sad.
Do you pay double the asking price for everything you enjoy or is it just this ?

Save the £10 per game 23 = £230. You are still able to stream the Wrexham game for £10 and support the club.Then you can take your family away for a few days with what you saved. I'm sure they'll appreciate it more than the local football club

It's about priorities in life but each to their own

I just don't link passion to throwing money away

Last edited by Back of the Kop; 29th September 2020 at 12.40:54..
Old 29th September 2020, 12.40:40   #80-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

It shows how small our mentality is. We're being taken over by millionaires, one of which is particularly interested in innovative digital marketing. They're clearly going to pull out of the deal based on how many watch a stream, aren't they?

I can't wait for the mentality to change from "at least the money is going to the club" to not having a second thought because the products and services on offer from the club are value for money. Sales of a product should not be an indication of the loyalty of the fanbase, it should be an indication of how well the club design, produce and market products.

As for the "Not a Penny More Brigade" most people just wanted to see some accountability, a changing of the way we do things that have brought nothing but failure and a change of the often distasteful attitude displayed towards fans if they dare do anything other than clap.

As it turns out we're having a clean sweep. Which is better than anyone could have imagined. Let alone the calibre of the individuals that are coming in instead. The support for Wrexham AFC will soar as soon as the WST are obsolete.
Old 29th September 2020, 12.48:32   #81-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: I wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
You've spent on average $5,000 over 50 years to watch a 90 minute game of football.

There are many adjectives to describe you that spring to my mind when I hear that.

Passionate is funnily not at the top of the list
My wife would agree with you!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.02:53.