Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th October 2020, 09.59:53   #221-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Utter Rubbish ( Maidenhead H reaction )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebudo View Post
Great post and it's basically what my opinion is. There's no 'fluidity' to the team, we look like 3 seperate units of defence, midfield and attack. I'd stopped at 9 acres a few times pre season and was looking at the training. Now I've done a couple of UEAFA licences myself but that doesnt make me Arsene Wenger but some of the stuff they were doing was basic 'c' licence, moving 1 man into zones at a time to create overloads etc, fine with kids but we should be more expansive in our training I think which would lead to more expansive football on the pitch?
When was the last time you seen a CM bursting pass one of our forwards, committing himself? simple give and go into the CF's feet, Dom Vose and Adrian Moke were excellent at it, they were the last 2 I can remember? In fairness Durrell did try and turn on the ball Monday but otherwise it all seems to be to feet then back out, just turn forward on it and have a go ffs!
Players not showing is another you picked up on, Jordan Davies after his mistake was guilty of this. Don't get me wrong I don't think he was as bad as people make out, he's got an eye for a pass for sure. I've seen him play in an advanced CM role for the youth team and he looked much better there IMO but for me a defensive midfielder should be an 'old head' capable of reading the game, breaking up play, contolling tempo, think Kieran Murtagh of BW or Kemy Augustein when at Barrow, I do think Jordan will become a top player for us eventually but not in that role yet.
I'm never one to slate managers usually but for me Keates time should be coming to an end, i know he has a massive work ethic and attention to detail but at Wrexham we want to see an attractive winning team, well I do anyway!
There's been names mentioned already, The Cowleys, Graham Aexander etc but I dont think their football was pleasing on the eye either, we want an Askey or an Ian Evatt, for me someone like Dave Artell, Knows this level, got Crewe promoted from league 2 playing good football and tells it how it is.
Don't agree with any of that if we have new owners do you think they are going to employ askey, or artell. Can you not aim higher than non league. The Cowley's is where the club should be aiming at. And players in the January window from league teams or even premiership loanees. The 2 R's are in this for success and if it costs money they are going to provide it.
Old 14th October 2020, 11.04:07   #222-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
Don't agree with any of that if we have new owners do you think they are going to employ askey, or artell. Can you not aim higher than non league. The Cowley's is where the club should be aiming at. And players in the January window from league teams or even premiership loanees. The 2 R's are in this for success and if it costs money they are going to provide it.
I was talking about the Monday nights game and the here and now, what happens if the takeover doesnt go through? (god help us if it doesnt..)
Of course if we have new owners they will want their own men in place but would think they're business savvy enough to know they'd want the right man for the job and change and evolve people as we progressed up the leagues, re Fleetwood and what Salford are doing now.
For example I think Andy Cook's a brilliant player for this level and the league up but do you think he's good enough for league 1 or the championship? same applies to Managers in my book.
As for the Cowley's fair enough they'd get us out this league for sure but IMO it wouldnt be pretty to watch.
Old 14th October 2020, 11.32:35   #223-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebudo View Post
I was talking about the Monday nights game and the here and now, what happens if the takeover doesnt go through? (god help us if it doesnt..)
Of course if we have new owners they will want their own men in place but would think they're business savvy enough to know they'd want the right man for the job and change and evolve people as we progressed up the leagues, re Fleetwood and what Salford are doing now.
For example I think Andy Cook's a brilliant player for this level and the league up but do you think he's good enough for league 1 or the championship? same applies to Managers in my book.
As for the Cowley's fair enough they'd get us out this league for sure but IMO it wouldnt be pretty to watch.
Cowleys make keates look like Pep
Pair of dockers them pair and found out
You can get out of this league playing decent footy
Old 14th October 2020, 11.34:09   #224-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Ok I didn't take to much notice about your thoughts on Mondays game but I did try to watch it. As I see it it's the same same old for the last 10 years and that's down to the WST Board and their selection process it's pretty obvious they haven't a clue on picking managers without any knowledge of the game that's why they opted Dixie onto the board and I quote Dixie on this when asked why Keates was selected for the job (quote) His interview was better than anyone else and the best man to manage.(unquote) God help us if he was the best man available. He must have been the only one that applied.
Old 14th October 2020, 11.50:39   #225-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Firstly it was good to watch Wrexham live.saw the 2nd half of yeovil and the whole of Monday. I enjoyed both more than ireland v wales . That was dire and not the standard I expected of higher level players.
My take on monday, as ever, differs. Bt sport loves to put the bigger clubs on this league down esp us .
We had chances and should have won. I thought vassell had a good game ,was constantly showing commitment and passion. The game turned on Luke youngs free kick
That hit the post and davies mistake. After that we simply missed chances, just as ireland did v wales.
It's not an exact science . We have no divine right to win all our games at this level , but we looked better when we moved the ball faster.
Old 14th October 2020, 11.59:20   #226-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
Cowleys make keates look like Pep
Pair of dockers them pair and found out
You can get out of this league playing decent footy
Win ratio:
Concord Rangers 27 June 2008 to 30 April 2015 52.8%
Braintree Town 30 April 2015 to 13 May 2016 49.1%
Lincoln City13 May 2016 to 9 September 2019 53.3%

Keates can only dream of those stats.
28% at Walsall, averaging about 35% at Wrexham over two spells.

Not saying the Cowleys are the messiah but I'd take them. If they do what they did with Lincoln I'd be happy if they got found out in the Championship. Still, doubtful they'll ever come.
Old 14th October 2020, 12.46:34   #227-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
Win ratio:

Not saying the Cowleys are the messiah but I'd take them. If they do what they did with Lincoln I'd be happy if they got found out in the Championship. Still, doubtful they'll ever come.
they will be at salford shortly i suspect
Old 14th October 2020, 14.42:17   #228-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
Win ratio:

Its what the Cowleys bring off the pitch as well. Modern, professional and full time training.

After Mondays display I would be asking how much training we have been doing recently. Both teams played Saturday but yet we looked like the part time team.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.49:57.