Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th October 2020, 06.31:01   #55-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates

I try to not to let things I can't control get to me, but this fella angers me beyond belief. For that matter, I need to give Wrexham a wide berth until he's chased. He's incapable of change, but I can change and not watching this clueless moron isn't going to be a hard task. He's very lucky the grounds are empty, then again, if Keates is about post Covid, the place will still be empty.
Old 13th October 2020, 07.31:16   #56-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

It does make you wonder how long it will be before the players start turning on Keates. Could you imagine Shaun Pearson giving the team instructions as Keates just stood in the background? No neither can I, as Shaun has a bit of class about him, Keates, however, doesnt, and the way the players turned on Wilkin all them seasons ago, with Keates leading them, well maybe he is lucky he doesnt have a bad apple like himself in the playing squad.

I cant see a future for him here, to be honest you could give him all the money in the world and his tactics wouldn't change, he is a stubborn guy who sticks with the tactics he believes in. I wonder what Dean Keates the player would think of Dean Keates the managers tactics. Would he like to play in midfield? I really dont think he would.
Old 13th October 2020, 07.33:39   #57-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaff View Post
Spot on with your points. It's basic things that a decent amount of fans agree on too, it's not rocket science. He picks a decent line up but has us set up as if we're going into a tough battle away from home. We had a 1st half spell where it was all fluid and class but that seems to be the exception rather than rule. So many high balls into Thomas when our whole midfield is about movement, pace and ability to pass quickly on the deck.

I'm not a Rutherford hater but it has to be Jarvis coming on with more than a few mins to make an impact ffs.

Keates's eyes were solid black and glazed over from before kick-off. Wtf is going on with him? Any time the camera cut to him he was whinging at the lino for correct decisions rather than instructions to our players.

This is the norm, a few tight wins don't mask the same overall dourness that's been the hallmark of both of his spells as manager.

The guy is shit scared of losing a game. Has a bit of an eye for a player at times but can't commit to playing them in their positions that made them decent signings in the first place. It's like he's ready for a fat pay off instead of actually going for it.

On the pitch, he was a joy to watch for years, a bit of class, technical ability and tenacious. Would Keates want to play in the team he sets us up as? I highly doubt it.

He looks like a terrified Gollum on the sidelines, that can't instill much confidence. There is better available, the sooner this takeover is completed, the better.
He is dead man walking and he knows it! Thought he was about to burst into tears on a few occasions
Old 13th October 2020, 07.38:41   #58-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Tide is definitely turning against him. Had a quick look at the Facebook page for the club announcing the result and there is very little support for him, his football or tactics on there. Normally that's a bastion of pro Keates.

I would like to say his days are numbered but I think he knows hes safe until any takeover goes through and then I thinks he will think any new owners will give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 13th October 2020, 07.58:04   #59-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @huwtroberts

There was definitely a camera shot of him during the last 10 minutes when he looked as if he had tears in his eyes. Even my wife picked up on it.
Old 13th October 2020, 07.58:37   #60-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Tide is definitely turning against him. Had a quick look at the Facebook page for the club announcing the result and there is very little support for him, his football or tactics on there. Normally that's a bastion of pro Keates.

I would like to say his days are numbered but I think he knows hes safe until any takeover goes through and then I thinks he will think any new owners will give him the benefit of the doubt.
It certainly looks that way.

However, it is not certain we will have new owners and if that is the case and the deal falls through the cupboard is bare so don't think we can afford to sack off Keates.
Old 13th October 2020, 08.11:00   #61-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabalfa Red View Post
There was definitely a camera shot of him during the last 10 minutes when he looked as if he had tears in his eyes. Even my wife picked up on it.
I actually picked up on that but thought I was just seeing things.

Maybe it was that biting North Easterly wind making his eyes watery ? ;-) (was it cold last night)
Old 13th October 2020, 08.12:55   #62-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Remember listening to Dennis Smith pre match,what a wise manager he was.He used to encourage his players to play with the skills they had then he decided on the system to suite those talents.Fast forward we now do the exact opposite same plan as always bring attacking players in that don’t fit into the defensive minded plot. Feel sorry for the youngsters in the team not good for them losing there confidence after each performance,ending up on the bench or in the stands so depressing. Roll on the take over.
Old 13th October 2020, 08.14:41   #63-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Even the more reasoned posters are starting to have had enough of him. He needs a result on Saturday.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.01:08.