Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th October 2020, 15.58:16   #37-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mrs
Twitter: @

Default Re: The balanced argument re takeover

3 weeks since the possible take over was announced to the World, time for an update, from someone involved in the talks, please.
Old 15th October 2020, 15.59:57   #38-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1954 View Post
3 weeks since the possible take over was announced to the World, time for an update, from someone involved in the talks, please.
That's easy. for anyone from either side to respond with - "Talks are ongoing."
Old 15th October 2020, 16.02:21   #39-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
It’s all going to go tits up, the quiet spell now alongside Crewe reds comments.

LJ was brought back for a purpose, the bid being on the table was that actual purpose. He knows the constitution and knows it’s a shield for fan ownership, it’s no coincidence that certain pro WST fans spoke about the constitution and selling would violate the constitution, it’s almost asif a preservation of power clause was intended.

We chose fan ownership, as we had no other choice, but who decided the club needed a constitution?
Based on no facts at all.

However Rob McElhenney is all over social media promoting the club and a reminder for all WST contact details to be updated by 26th October suggests to me it’s moving forward.

Deals take lots of negotiation which is complicated by working across two time zones. If we get the proposal by late October I think they’ve worked pretty quickly

The WST members will decide this not the WST board.
Old 15th October 2020, 16.10:50   #40-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
It’s all going to go tits up, the quiet spell now alongside Crewe reds comments.

LJ was brought back for a purpose, the bid being on the table was that actual purpose. He knows the constitution and knows it’s a shield for fan ownership, it’s no coincidence that certain pro WST fans spoke about the constitution and selling would violate the constitution, it’s almost asif a preservation of power clause was intended.

We chose fan ownership, as we had no other choice, but who decided the club needed a constitution?
Who brought him back?

And what is he doing to try and stop it?

Does he realise the club is less likely to survive without the takeover than with it? And aren't we in a position after nine years of farce to possibly consider the option of success rather than merely "survive"?
Old 15th October 2020, 16.37:44   #41-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand lower tier [Town End]
Twitter: @Hiphiphooray

Successful take-over OR oblivion and a trip to EvoStik Prem with the fools that are the WST management board....I know what I will be voting for
Old 15th October 2020, 16.44:12   #42-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
A lot of individuals know the constitution.
That's the rules by which the trust run the club and was verified by the members.
There may well be a problem that a challenge could be made to a sale by using the constitution but by the same token the members could decide to change or remove the relevant clauses at an EGM.
It would even be possible to do this at the Extraordinary meeting to accept a bid if the details were acceptable.
2 Proposals linked to each other. First one changes the constitution, Second vote, if first one passes, to accept the offer.
I think this is what will need to happen. The sticking point will be whether the WST Executive and Wrexham AFC Board agree to the sale. There will always be some residual voters who will want fan-ownership to be given another chance, but most of those WST members who have genuinely not made up their mind will follow the example of the leadership.

Still keeping an open mind on this, and awaiting the 'Vision Thynge' to be released; but I cannot think of a scenario wherein two highly respected celebrities would risk their reputations by buying the club to then put it in further jeopardy. It just doesn't stack up.
Old 15th October 2020, 16.54:01   #43-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
That's easy. for anyone from either side to respond with - "Talks are ongoing."
That would be brilliant...then would it also be possible for them to add a few extra words, something to the effect of, "and we expect to be able to put proposals to the membership by the dd/mm/yyyy".
Old 15th October 2020, 17.04:02   #44-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
I wouldn't want a buy back option to be negotiated by the WST

I'd even go so far as to say I'd trust R&R less if they agreed to one
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon4012 View Post
Why would that make you trust them less?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpersforgoalposts View Post
Some people say the silliest things

Don't want to speak for NWD, but a buyback clause would seriously concern me for the following reason.

Imagine the following scenario - 2/5/10 years down the line, R & R decide to sell. There are 3 interested parties.

1. Celebrity or celebrities of similar profile to R & R. They've followed the club as a result of the increased profile, think they can take the club on further, and have enough money that the nightmare B & Q scenario seems extremely unlikely.

2. Local person, long-time fan, who's earned a ton of money in the intervening years and is in a position to buy. Someone who's supported the club for many years, is known to the fans, and who most people trust not to screw us over.

3. The WST, as they are now. Still consisting of the board who routinely take a staggering amount of time to post minutes, who can't always release accurate minutes, and who've been dishonest on numerous occasions. In charge of finances is still the guy who somehow managed to forget about a sizeable loan to the club. The people who've failed to carry out the shadowing resolution or the second platform resolution are still hanging in there.

Obviously, this is a best-case scenario, but in that scenario I'm fairly sure the WST would be the party I'd least want in charge!
Old 15th October 2020, 17.16:44   #45-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

I dearly hope this deal goes through.

However, I would have thought that rules need to be followed to the letter and clearly there has to be due diligence carried out by the board to ensure there is no 'come back' on them at a later date if the deal does or doesn't go through!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.27:47.