Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th October 2020, 16.03:12   #31-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Giggs and Dean - joint inventors of a new approach to football

Last nights game i thoroughly enjoyed, they ran there goolies off pressing all over the pitch against a horrible team that was very street wise. I thought our local lad Nico Williams was class. Giggs had to give youth a chance last night with all the withdrawals and boy did they come up trumps.
Like Bigdave said previously, all the past heartaches. I was at every one of those games with the Joe Jordan hand ball. Drowned our sorrows in a pub on the outskirts of Cardiff full of Scotch.
Old 15th October 2020, 16.30:37   #32-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpensioner View Post
I was at every one of those games with the Joe Jordan hand ball. Drowned our sorrows in a pub on the outskirts of Cardiff full of Scotch.
The Joe Jordan handball happened at anfield not cardiff🤔
Old 15th October 2020, 17.53:35   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy buckley View Post
The Joe Jordan handball happened at anfield not cardiff🤔
Maybe he's thinking of the Dave Phillips handball against Scotland at Ninian Park in 1985. The night Jock Stein tragically died of a heart attack.

I think we were 1-0 up and heading to Mexico 1986 until that penalty incident with around 10 minutes left.
Old 15th October 2020, 17.54:28   #34-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxcrayon View Post
Strange post giigs is doing a fantastic job with wales
Is he?
Old 15th October 2020, 18.13:56   #35-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Is he?
Errr yea. Qualified for euros and top of the league. What’s he doing wrong?
Old 15th October 2020, 18.17:15   #36-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Maybe he's thinking of the Dave Phillips handball against Scotland at Ninian Park in 1985. The night Jock Stein tragically died of a heart attack.

I think we were 1-0 up and heading to Mexico 1986 until that penalty incident with around 10 minutes left.
my thoughts exactly BOK
Old 15th October 2020, 18.20:53   #37-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Last nights game i thoroughly enjoyed, they ran there goolies off pressing all over the pitch against a horrible team that was very street wise. I thought our local lad Nico Williams was class. Giggs had to give youth a chance last night with all the withdrawals and boy did they come up trumps.
Like Bigdave said previously, all the past heartaches. I was at every one of those games with the Joe Jordan hand ball. Drowned our sorrows in a pub on the outskirts of Cardiff full of Scotch.
Good post RP
Old 15th October 2020, 19.05:55   #38-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Sorry, i put it wrong, yes the faithful hand ball was Anfield. But the Scotch game was the night Jock Stein died and a party of us when down on a minibus. Very early start, refreshments on the bus a few stops on the way down, parked up about a mile from the ground another watering hole. Then another disappointing result, got to this pub on the outskirts after. As soon as we were on our second drink all these jocks piled in.
These people have no excuses to fight, they will fight amongst them selves,so, when one of our party made a not to clever remark about Stein, the place went ballistic.
But i'm here to tell the tail ha.
Old 15th October 2020, 19.07:25   #39-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post

i was at this game an awful journey back up to wrexham so deflated that night
Old 15th October 2020, 20.39:55   #40-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Sorry, i put it wrong, yes the faithful hand ball was Anfield. But the Scotch game was the night Jock Stein died and a party of us when down on a minibus. Very early start, refreshments on the bus a few stops on the way down, parked up about a mile from the ground another watering hole. Then another disappointing result, got to this pub on the outskirts after. As soon as we were on our second drink all these jocks piled in.
These people have no excuses to fight, they will fight amongst them selves,so, when one of our party made a not to clever remark about Stein, the place went ballistic.
But i'm here to tell the tail ha.
I was on the kop with three mates and we were surrounded by drunk jocks.
One of my mates was a rugby player and it was his first football match. We did not see any trouble but he said "tonight i have witnessed the depths of human depravity." I do also remember that Leighton James was injured and so Micky Thomas played and he had a blinder. All we got from the jocks around us was "who the f**k is he!!! BTW Dennis Law said that the best team on the night lost. As has been said it is no good playing good football and losing. It is all about winning.

Last edited by Bigmike; 15th October 2020 at 20.46:31..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.56:38.