Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th October 2020, 18.20:53   #37-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Giggs and Dean - joint inventors of a new approach to football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpensioner View Post
Last nights game i thoroughly enjoyed, they ran there goolies off pressing all over the pitch against a horrible team that was very street wise. I thought our local lad Nico Williams was class. Giggs had to give youth a chance last night with all the withdrawals and boy did they come up trumps.
Like Bigdave said previously, all the past heartaches. I was at every one of those games with the Joe Jordan hand ball. Drowned our sorrows in a pub on the outskirts of Cardiff full of Scotch.
Good post RP
Old 15th October 2020, 19.05:55   #38-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Sorry, i put it wrong, yes the faithful hand ball was Anfield. But the Scotch game was the night Jock Stein died and a party of us when down on a minibus. Very early start, refreshments on the bus a few stops on the way down, parked up about a mile from the ground another watering hole. Then another disappointing result, got to this pub on the outskirts after. As soon as we were on our second drink all these jocks piled in.
These people have no excuses to fight, they will fight amongst them selves,so, when one of our party made a not to clever remark about Stein, the place went ballistic.
But i'm here to tell the tail ha.
Old 15th October 2020, 19.07:25   #39-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Maybe he's thinking of the Dave Phillips handball against Scotland at Ninian Park in 1985. The night Jock Stein tragically died of a heart attack.

I think we were 1-0 up and heading to Mexico 1986 until that penalty incident with around 10 minutes left.
i was at this game an awful journey back up to wrexham so deflated that night
Old 15th October 2020, 20.39:55   #40-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpensioner View Post
Sorry, i put it wrong, yes the faithful hand ball was Anfield. But the Scotch game was the night Jock Stein died and a party of us when down on a minibus. Very early start, refreshments on the bus a few stops on the way down, parked up about a mile from the ground another watering hole. Then another disappointing result, got to this pub on the outskirts after. As soon as we were on our second drink all these jocks piled in.
These people have no excuses to fight, they will fight amongst them selves,so, when one of our party made a not to clever remark about Stein, the place went ballistic.
But i'm here to tell the tail ha.
I was on the kop with three mates and we were surrounded by drunk jocks.
One of my mates was a rugby player and it was his first football match. We did not see any trouble but he said "tonight i have witnessed the depths of human depravity." I do also remember that Leighton James was injured and so Micky Thomas played and he had a blinder. All we got from the jocks around us was "who the f**k is he!!! BTW Dennis Law said that the best team on the night lost. As has been said it is no good playing good football and losing. It is all about winning.

Last edited by Bigmike; 15th October 2020 at 20.46:31..
Old 15th October 2020, 23.19:48   #41-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavid View Post
They attacked last night , What were you watching ? , A team of youngsters played really well .

I was taking the Mick out of the post comparing him to Keates.

I think Giggs is doing a very good good job with what players he has at his disposal.

He will always have the few who don't want like him because he played for United.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 16th October 2020, 00.48:31   #42-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Behind You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
We have just won away against a team with a decent Fifa ranking without Bale, Ramsey, Allen and Brooks. I'd say he is doing a superb result to be producing those sort of results. Not to mention qualification to another major tournament.
Agree with this & im in no way a fan of Giggs. I always fear for Wales when you don’t have Allen & Ramsey in the team, but a tbf to Giggs he is being brave in the respect he’s giving youngsters a chance.
I never wanted him as the manager but at going on recent results, not performances, I’ve little to argue with....
Old 16th October 2020, 10.15:45   #43-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wonderful View Post
Agree with this & im in no way a fan of Giggs. I always fear for Wales when you don’t have Allen & Ramsey in the team, but a tbf to Giggs he is being brave in the respect he’s giving youngsters a chance.
I never wanted him as the manager but at going on recent results, not performances, I’ve little to argue with....
Agree with all of this - let's face it he does his best with limited resources - especially when the 'big' names are not available.
Old 16th October 2020, 11.30:00   #44-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon4012 View Post
Errr yea. Qualified for euros and top of the league. What’s he doing wrong?
Plus he has handed out many debuts, brought real depth to our selection for probably the first time ever and has lowered the average age of the squad meaning we can hopefully have another generation like those that got to the semi's in 2016.
I didn't want Giggs appointed but i think it is plain wrong to deny he is doing a fantastic job
Old 16th October 2020, 11.51:33   #45-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wonderful View Post
Bar the England game where we got outdone by an outstanding batch of upcoming players Giggs has done a very good job. Keates on the other hand....
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.12:31.