Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th October 2020, 19.03:20   #21-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Alan Jarvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossopred View Post
That was BRIAN Jarvis who played for Wrexham from 1953-58
He scored 3 goals in 5 years, 2 of which came in a 4-4 draw with Oldham after we were 0-4 down at half time !!!
I was there for that game!! A teenager. When I think of games from the 1950s, that is the one that first comes to mind for me: and Brian Jarvis (left half??) was on that team that came back from 0-4 to 4-4. (I think Bernard Evans was centre forward and Alan Fox centre-half.)
Old 16th October 2020, 19.10:53   #22-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasanActonlad View Post
Was Glyn James who I think played for blackpool that was on fringe of welsh squad in same era...won similar number of caps...wasnt he from llangollen ...did he attend dinas bran or was it llangollen county school then..
He was born in LLangollen (see Wikipedia) but went to Oswestry H.S. I don't think he ever lived in the town.
Old 16th October 2020, 19.13:32   #23-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Paddock

There is an imminent film about Jackie Charlton that will show the effects of dementia during the last 18 months of his life. There is a strong correlation between heading footballs and neurological problems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/la...-jack-charlton
Old 16th October 2020, 20.31:41   #24-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazes View Post
He was born in LLangollen (see Wikipedia) but went to Oswestry H.S. I don't think he ever lived in the town.
Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 09.17:56   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazes View Post
I was there for that game!! A teenager. When I think of games from the 1950s, that is the one that first comes to mind for me: and Brian Jarvis (left half??) was on that team that came back from 0-4 to 4-4. (I think Bernard Evans was centre forward and Alan Fox centre-half.)
Excellent memory B.
The game was played on March 30th 1957 in front of 6,475. (not quite the 34,445 who watched the game v. Man Utd the previous January)
Our scorers were Hewitt 2, Jarvis and G. Jones.

We finished up 12th in Division Three North but we did beat Swansea 2:1 to win the Welsh Cup.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.14:18.