Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th October 2020, 21.16:24   #10-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Devonte Redmand

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCornerFergie View Post
I think he is a talented player who needs an arm round the shoulder and a lot of positivity after going through a dark period. This is probably one of the worst places he could have come.

I imagine, ironically, he would be one of those players who would do better at a League 2 club, with more professional surroundings and a stability that would allow him to concentrate on his game, and, worst case scenario, play in the U23s
You mention the U23s but he's not really some youngster. He's relatively inexperienced but he turned 24 last month.

Wouldn't surprise me if Keates has tried to loan him out like Grant as I'd imagine he's on a fair wage here.
Old 16th October 2020, 21.54:02   #11-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Redmond has had plenty of time to stake a claim for a shirt - including the Scottish tenants cup competition - he has failed to inspire, lacks any drive, aggression and eagerness to throw himself on the line.

Personally I would be offloading as soon as possible - Kwame Thomas is another under performer.

We can't afford to be sentimental and put all our eggs in one basket and assume that an American takeover will happen and cure our problems - some players are not going to do the business at a high enough standard for a prolonged period - so subject to contracts and willingness to part then make it happen.

God knows where we located Kwame Thomas and the scouting that went on (or didn't) behind the scenes - both players would have to make a dramatic u turn to get a regular shirt - I just can't see it unless covering for a glut of injuries, suspensions and Covid.
Old 16th October 2020, 22.11:03   #12-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Redmond has had plenty of time to stake a claim for a shirt - including the Scottish tenants cup competition - he has failed to inspire, lacks any drive, aggression and eagerness to throw himself on the line.

Personally I would be offloading as soon as possible - Kwame Thomas is another under performer.

We can't afford to be sentimental and put all our eggs in one basket and assume that an American takeover will happen and cure our problems - some players are not going to do the business at a high enough standard for a prolonged period - so subject to contracts and willingness to part then make it happen.

God knows where we located Kwame Thomas and the scouting that went on (or didn't) behind the scenes - both players would have to make a dramatic u turn to get a regular shirt - I just can't see it unless covering for a glut of injuries, suspensions and Covid.
My guess is scouting was done through YouTube. And a mate of a mate.
Old 16th October 2020, 22.50:05   #13-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Redmond looked ok in preseason by all accounts. Keates appears to want us to play a pressing, intense counter attack style of game. Redmond doesn't work hard enough for that sort of team.
Old 16th October 2020, 22.53:51   #14-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Personally I dong think Jordan davies is upto it, left here went to Brighton but is only here now as nobody else wanted him.

Very light weight for this team and league, personally I think the league of wales is where he will end up.
Old 16th October 2020, 23.06:41   #15-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Someday

I think it's a little early in season to be giving up on players.
Old 16th October 2020, 23.10:58   #16-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Express View Post
I gave up with ownership years ago yet I still keep going expecting something different.
Old 16th October 2020, 23.26:13   #17-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Express View Post
Not necessarily - when discussing cup giant killings how often was it said that to have any chance of a win against a team from higher up the pyramid a team (like Wrexham) has to match the opposition with effort, eagerness, intensity and a never say die attitude - some just don't fit the criteria for the cut and thrust of the National League - eventually over a season quality and better players should shine through and give you more wins and points than the rest - but first and foremost you have to graft for every minute of the 90 and more.

Supporters are generally well informed - those who watch live matches don't take long to suss a player out - I cannot give Redmond any plaudits for looking better than some in a pre season friendly v a second string Salford City. At least Akil Wright had a go - yet to see anything worth persevering with in Redmond. Out of the midfielders currently in the match day squad who would people realistically drop and discard to give him a place - squad cover at best until his contract expires or the revolution is confirmed.
Old 17th October 2020, 07.28:15   #18-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
Personally I dong think Jordan davies is upto it, left here went to Brighton but is only here now as nobody else wanted him.

Very light weight for this team and league, personally I think the league of wales is where he will end up.
Well Doncaster wanted him by all accounts.

He made a mistake on Monday and was generally a little but too casual in his passing at times but has shown enough ability in his two games to make me think he's more than good enough for this level.

I also think Redmond is a player with ability, I just question his attitude. With Davies its far too early to make any judgements imo. But also sometimes young players just need more time.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.33:55.