RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Sack Keates & Co Poll (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116360-sack-keates-co-poll.html)

Inside Left 17th October 2020 17.48:10

Re: Sack Keates & Co Poll

It was Keats who said on arrival that the club needed shaking up and fresh impedus.
Indeed it does.

GVnaughtyboy 17th October 2020 17.48:38

Please forgive me if this seems a silly question, but what sort of management employment contract does not have performance measures (KPI) in them? Maybe it’s just football managers! If the contract was drawn up competently, then surely there must be some clause for sanctions (including dismissal) for poor performance or not reaching stated and agreed objectives etc. Most normal commercial enterprises would sack a poor performing manager, give them a month’s salary, then tell them to jog on just before they go on to find someone who can do the job properly (including, where appropriate, backroom staff too)

TheTyphoon 17th October 2020 17.55:39

[QUOTE=GVnaughtyboy;2397354]Please forgive me if this seems a silly question, but what sort of management employment contract does not have performance measures (KPI) in them? Maybe it’s just football managers! If the contract was drawn up competently, then surely there must be some clause for sanctions (including dismissal) for poor performance or not reaching stated and agreed objectives etc. Most normal commercial enterprises would sack a poor performing manager, give them a month’s salary, then tell them to jog on just before they go on to find someone who can do the job properly (including, where appropriate, backroom staff too)[/QUOTE]

This, in a nutshell.

Fieldman 17th October 2020 17.56:56

[QUOTE=GVnaughtyboy;2397354]Please forgive me if this seems a silly question, but what sort of management employment contract does not have performance measures (KPI) in them? Maybe it’s just football managers! If the contract was drawn up competently, then surely there must be some clause for sanctions (including dismissal) for poor performance or not reaching stated and agreed objectives etc. Most normal commercial enterprises would sack a poor performing manager, give them a month’s salary, then tell them to jog on just before they go on to find someone who can do the job properly (including, where appropriate, backroom staff too)[/QUOTE]

pity we did not have a H R expert to help draw up such a contract especially if it was his money which keates would be losing

Red_not_Dead 17th October 2020 17.57:03

Doesn't have a clue.. only one plan and turns decent players sh#t.

Liverpool Red 17th October 2020 18.08:39

[QUOTE=eosceiriog;2397344]This is a £2m turnover company at most. NO assets so many tell me. So in my experience pretty straightforward.

Long delays will be for dubious reasons at our end.

It is not impossible our poential saviours back out but I suspect they would not like the publicity from doing that without good reason.[/QUOTE]

You are right that the club is a business with a relatively modest turnover. However, this is a takeover by a business in a different legal jurisdiction. The club is also owned not by private shareholders but by a mutual society - the WST - that requires its members to approve any transactions. I think this will take a lot longer to conclude than you have suggested.

dixienormous 17th October 2020 18.14:52

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2397270]There is the money to pay him off.
The only thing keeping him in place is Covid, No fans, no noise.
Was a lazy appointment and we're paying for it.[/QUOTE]

What this WST board have done to this club is quite frankly disgraceful. How they can still hang around is beyond belief.

NottsRed 17th October 2020 18.14:58

Last two displays would obviously have him sacked for gross misconduct and crimes against football.

OneLoveWrexham 17th October 2020 18.15:10

He’s finished, just look at his interview

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.29:18.