RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Sack Keates & Co Poll (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116360-sack-keates-co-poll.html)

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 17th October 2020 17.16:35

Re: Sack Keates & Co Poll

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2397266]We havenít got the money to sack him so strap yourself in for Keatesball until the takeover. Stamp your feet all you want but thatís the reality.

Youíre living in cloud cuckoo land if you expect him to walk or be paid off.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, clubs up the creek without a paddle.

Best hope the the I's are dotted and T's crossed very very soon.

Clubs on the brink of you ask me, WST won't tell us all that though. :confused:

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 17th October 2020 17.19:09

Says a lot about him that he's given up, it's only ever about Keates and always has been, even as a player.

eosceiriog 17th October 2020 17.20:12

[QUOTE=fezbob;2397289]Wait until the takeover's done and let the new chief exec appoint someone decent at last. Unbelievable how far we've sunk in recent years.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I agree completely. Additionally we need to pray deliverance comes quickly.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 17th October 2020 17.20:16

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2397270]There is the money to pay him off.
The only thing keeping him in place is Covid, No fans, no noise.
Was a lazy appointment and we're paying for it.[/QUOTE]

How? Refunds haven't been issued yet.

Wxmspiller 17th October 2020 17.20:18

As much as Iíd like to say sack him You cannot as We will then be left with Darlington in temporary charge until we get the takeover done and where will that leave us we cannot take anyone else on as they 100 percent will not be the choice of the new owners so Iím afraid we are stuck for as long as it takes for this deal to get done

Jaded 17th October 2020 17.21:19

[QUOTE=welshian;2397294]This would be great, but who picks the manager..?[/QUOTE]

Ideally someone R & R are planning on putting in charge. Plan B would be just randomly choose someone from all applicants; I'd have more faith in that getting us somebody halfway-decent that the current board being in charge of making an appointment!

redone 17th October 2020 17.22:00

keates will be saying when the skippers back we will be ok

RadioRed 17th October 2020 17.24:22

Absolutely.Words fail me .Sack the lot of them. A new broom springs to mind.Lets hope R & R provide the broom.

eosceiriog 17th October 2020 17.32:40

[QUOTE=Liverpool Red;2397292]It could take months for the takeover to be completed, by which time our season will be over. The board need to have talks with R & R and agree on the appointment of a caretaker manager until such time as the takeover process is completed and they can appoint a permanent manager.[/QUOTE]

This is a £2m turnover company at most. NO assets so many tell me. So in my experience pretty straightforward.

Long delays will be for dubious reasons at our end.

It is not impossible our poential saviours back out but I suspect they would not like the publicity from doing that without good reason.

northwalian dragon 17th October 2020 17.46:02

[QUOTE=Ddraigoch;2397251]Seems Northwalian dragon was right after all.[/QUOTE]

And for my next prophecy... Fulham won't win the Premier League this season!

Inside Left 17th October 2020 17.48:10

It was Keats who said on arrival that the club needed shaking up and fresh impedus.
Indeed it does.

GVnaughtyboy 17th October 2020 17.48:38

Please forgive me if this seems a silly question, but what sort of management employment contract does not have performance measures (KPI) in them? Maybe itís just football managers! If the contract was drawn up competently, then surely there must be some clause for sanctions (including dismissal) for poor performance or not reaching stated and agreed objectives etc. Most normal commercial enterprises would sack a poor performing manager, give them a monthís salary, then tell them to jog on just before they go on to find someone who can do the job properly (including, where appropriate, backroom staff too)

TheTyphoon 17th October 2020 17.55:39

[QUOTE=GVnaughtyboy;2397354]Please forgive me if this seems a silly question, but what sort of management employment contract does not have performance measures (KPI) in them? Maybe itís just football managers! If the contract was drawn up competently, then surely there must be some clause for sanctions (including dismissal) for poor performance or not reaching stated and agreed objectives etc. Most normal commercial enterprises would sack a poor performing manager, give them a monthís salary, then tell them to jog on just before they go on to find someone who can do the job properly (including, where appropriate, backroom staff too)[/QUOTE]

This, in a nutshell.

Fieldman 17th October 2020 17.56:56

[QUOTE=GVnaughtyboy;2397354]Please forgive me if this seems a silly question, but what sort of management employment contract does not have performance measures (KPI) in them? Maybe itís just football managers! If the contract was drawn up competently, then surely there must be some clause for sanctions (including dismissal) for poor performance or not reaching stated and agreed objectives etc. Most normal commercial enterprises would sack a poor performing manager, give them a monthís salary, then tell them to jog on just before they go on to find someone who can do the job properly (including, where appropriate, backroom staff too)[/QUOTE]

pity we did not have a H R expert to help draw up such a contract especially if it was his money which keates would be losing

Red_not_Dead 17th October 2020 17.57:03

Doesn't have a clue.. only one plan and turns decent players sh#t.

Liverpool Red 17th October 2020 18.08:39

[QUOTE=eosceiriog;2397344]This is a £2m turnover company at most. NO assets so many tell me. So in my experience pretty straightforward.

Long delays will be for dubious reasons at our end.

It is not impossible our poential saviours back out but I suspect they would not like the publicity from doing that without good reason.[/QUOTE]

You are right that the club is a business with a relatively modest turnover. However, this is a takeover by a business in a different legal jurisdiction. The club is also owned not by private shareholders but by a mutual society - the WST - that requires its members to approve any transactions. I think this will take a lot longer to conclude than you have suggested.

dixienormous 17th October 2020 18.14:52

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2397270]There is the money to pay him off.
The only thing keeping him in place is Covid, No fans, no noise.
Was a lazy appointment and we're paying for it.[/QUOTE]

What this WST board have done to this club is quite frankly disgraceful. How they can still hang around is beyond belief.

NottsRed 17th October 2020 18.14:58

Last two displays would obviously have him sacked for gross misconduct and crimes against football.

OneLoveWrexham 17th October 2020 18.15:10

He’s finished, just look at his interview

willyheckerslike 17th October 2020 18.17:58

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2397368]Heís finished, just look at his interview[/QUOTE]

I have....its cringeworthy😡

dixienormous 17th October 2020 18.23:57

[QUOTE=willyheckerslike;2397370]I have....its cringeworthy😡[/QUOTE]

I can't bring myself to watch the twat.

What makes it worse is the fact I know first hand that he was instrumental in getting Wilkin the boot due to his 'dated' methods of training. Well Dean, your management and coaching is up there as the worst I've ever seen if this is what it produces on a Saturday.

What did he say?

Hightown Brymbo Red 17th October 2020 18.26:00

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2397368]Heís finished, just look at his interview[/QUOTE]

We had 15 chances and scored 3 ! 1 in 3 is not good enough???

He looks a broken man he knows he is dead man walking he has lost the dressing room and he is just waiting for his pay off.

Spencer should take him out the firing line for his own sake

BurtonRed36 17th October 2020 18.27:01

Why give him more time?
He's made players coming in known to be proven at this level look mediocre at best,
The Maidenhead game for a start, Just stood on the touch line quiet as a mouse and looking totally uninterested, The man is totally out of his depth even at Evo stick level,
Fair play to Maidenhead and Wealdstone they knew how to beat us and did,
He's lost the players already so the board need to find their spines and get rid of him and bring in somebody like Luke Garrard

LMH23 17th October 2020 18.27:06

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2397372]I can't bring myself to watch the twat.

What makes it worse is the fact I know first hand that he was instrumental in getting Wilkin the boot due to his 'dated' methods of training. Well Dean, your management and coaching is up there as the worst I've ever seen if this is what it produces on a Saturday.

What did he say?[/QUOTE]

Mentioned that we start games with a clean sheet and should finish with it. It might explain why our players' heads drop whenever we concede first.

dixienormous 17th October 2020 18.28:23

He's thick as fook isn't he.

northwalian dragon 17th October 2020 18.28:43

[YOUTUBE]5iYfkKFL-RA[/YOUTUBE]

"We've had 15 attempts today, we've scored 3. One in three isn't good enough"

He's doing a Dean Saunders now. He also looks like he's going to cry

Rob Edwards 17th October 2020 18.57:18

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2397378][YOUTUBE]5iYfkKFL-RA[/YOUTUBE]

He's doing a Dean Saunders now. He also looks like he's going to cry[/QUOTE]

Assume Keates did not pass his GCSE Mathematics .

Red_not_Dead 17th October 2020 19.00:24

He's doing a Dean Saunders now. He also looks like he's going to cry[/QUOTE]

He didn't see it coming but we all did ! We should put him on leave and get a couple of the experienced players to take over, Carrington and Pearson maybe, Keates shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this side now on in !

WxmWynno 17th October 2020 19.00:29

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2397392]Assume Keates did not pass his GCSE Mathematics .[/QUOTE]

Iím glad someone pointed this out haha
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Rob Edwards 17th October 2020 19.01:42

[QUOTE=WxmWynno;2397395]Iím glad someone pointed this out haha
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Thank you WxmWynno.

WxmWynno 17th October 2020 19.18:22

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2397396]Thank you WxmWynno.[/QUOTE]

Iíd say the best thing about this interview was his recognition to Wayne and the Turf Reds
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

thedischunter96 17th October 2020 19.41:24

He's doing a Dean Saunders now. [B]He also looks like he's going to cry[/QUOTE]

[/B]

Obviously is aware that he will lose his job once the takeover happens.

thedischunter96 17th October 2020 19.42:51

Also, to the 4.09% who voted to give them time, what is your reasoning behind this?

DK and his staff nearly got us relegated last season. Tactics not good enough. Players rolling around on the floor.

sparky 17th October 2020 20.05:12

[QUOTE=LMH23;2397376]Mentioned that we start games with a clean sheet and should finish with it. It might explain why our players' heads drop whenever we concede first.[/QUOTE]

The Darlington effect. He's been brainwashed and will pay the price, along with his master and puppet.

Kiddy Dragon 17th October 2020 20.08:42

His maths is rivalled only by that of Saunders.

draigwrecsam 17th October 2020 20.12:44

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2397082]Put him on gardening leave until money available to sack him.Pearson caretaker.[/QUOTE]

This is a good interim solution!

Colonel D 17th October 2020 20.14:33

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2397411]Also, to the 4.09% who voted to give them time, what is your reasoning behind this?

DK and his staff nearly got us relegated last season. Tactics not good enough. Players rolling around on the floor.[/QUOTE]

Timing .
If we take action the same group will appoint a successor unless there were to be a quality interim manager and there aren't many of those about.

Wrexhm 1978 17th October 2020 20.26:59

Keates Ďwe start with a clean sheet and if we Keep it we are
Okí . No Dean 46 0-0 draws equals relegation. Negative, anti-football gets you nowhere. I am sick of it.

dixienormous 17th October 2020 20.28:58

[QUOTE=Wrexhm 1978;2397432]Keates Ďwe start with a clean sheet and if we Keep it we are
Okí . No Dean 46 0-0 draws equals relegation. Negative, anti-football gets you nowhere. I am sick of it.[/QUOTE]

What a complete tit.

TomWAFC 17th October 2020 20.31:15

[QUOTE=JohnnyLyons;2397210]What is it with Red Passion and polls?[/QUOTE]

What better way to show our united displeasure towards Keates & Co than a clear opinion poll with a significant fan sample size

Apart from a protest march (clearly not allowed in this climate)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.40:15.