RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Sack Keates & Co Poll (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116360-sack-keates-co-poll.html)

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 17th October 2020 20.44:01

Re: Sack Keates & Co Poll

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2397409][/B]

Obviously is aware that he will lose his job once the takeover happens.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's more to do with it being documented, only cares about himself.

Haruki 17th October 2020 21.20:49

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2397270]There is the money to pay him off.
The only thing keeping him in place is Covid, No fans, no noise.
Was a lazy appointment and we're paying for it.[/QUOTE]

You are very good at making these baseless statements that insinuate you know more then the rest.
The club budgeted to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds
That budget was based on paying spectators
We can not afford to repay fans season ticket refunds

So why do you think we can afford to pay off failing management teams ?

Wrexy 17th October 2020 22.30:46

What will it cost to sack him? £20,000 ?

We’ll hopefully be in a better position to get rid soon as this is starting to get embarrassing.

welshian 17th October 2020 22.37:59

[QUOTE=Wrexy;2397462]What will it cost to sack him? £20,000 ?

We’ll hopefully be in a better position to get rid soon as this is starting to get embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

We've raised more than that to save the club before. Let's pass the hat again.

Quay Red 17th October 2020 22.40:25

[QUOTE=Haruki;2397445]You are very good at making these baseless statements that insinuate you know more then the rest.
The club budgeted to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds
That budget was based on paying spectators
We can not afford to repay fans season ticket refunds

So why do you think we can afford to pay off failing management teams ?[/QUOTE]

With the current management team, we can't afford not to get rid of them.
I agree that the budget was based on fans being present but there are funds from government and streaming that will help to offset the costs.
After all, as a trust, we aren't allowed to trade in the red.

REDBULL 17th October 2020 22.53:01

Reluctantly I agree. We have some of the best players in this league but the management team cannot get them to play together[/B]

jacthelad 17th October 2020 22.57:17

They can keep my season ticket refund and put it towards paying him off.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

aussiejackoinsaudi 17th October 2020 23.21:52

[QUOTE=REDBULL;2397467]Reluctantly I agree. We have some of the best players in this league but the management team cannot get them to play together[/B][/QUOTE]

Who are these some of the best players in the league. Results suggest we have some of the worst players and management.

Hightown Brymbo Red 17th October 2020 23.31:59

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2397464]With the current management team, we can't afford not to get rid of them.
I agree that the budget was based on fans being present but there are funds from government and streaming that will help to offset the costs.
After all, as a trust, we aren't allowed to trade in the red.[/QUOTE]

What about the previous dodgy loans?

Birdy 17th October 2020 23.32:56

13 dangerous individuals

Lods 18th October 2020 06.13:32

[QUOTE=Birdy;2397474]13 dangerous individuals[/QUOTE]

The thing is, I do get the ones who voted give him time so that he's gone when the takeover happens.

I voted to sack, but I do accept if we get rid now the board makes the decision for the new manager. So we'll likely get a ex-Wrexham fan-favourite with little-to-no managerial experience. What's Carlos Edwards doing nowadays? I heard he was doing his coaching badges.

Colonel D 18th October 2020 06.54:38

[QUOTE=Wrexy;2397462]What will it cost to sack him? £20,000 ?

We’ll hopefully be in a better position to get rid soon as this is starting to get embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

More like £100k+ for the whole management team.

Dai83 18th October 2020 07.11:33

I can't see many forking out £10 a Stream anymore. The Club can take the full blame if that happens, not the fans.

FieldtownRed 18th October 2020 07.30:56

Fans of other clubs?

redtilidie 18th October 2020 07.40:36

Same 13 that voted against speaking to R&R? ;)

cybred 18th October 2020 07.58:38

The board and the management team saving their own skin.

davd29 18th October 2020 08.21:59

Cheap appointment, terrible manager, horrific football first time around why anyone thought it would be better 2nd time is beyond us fans. Just hope the takeover goes through and we can at last get a manager with ambition our club deserves

redavid 18th October 2020 08.23:06

His interview says it all " thats not good enough " Well we know that dont we , The vacant look is enough , He`s devoid of answer`s , And if the interviewer was a bit less diplomatic and asked Him the "Real" questions , like the fans dont think you and your coaches are good enough . wonder what his answer would be then .
He dropped Jordan Davies for His mistake last time out , even though playing Him out of position , the lads confidence will suffer , come to think of it Keates doesen`t inspire any Confidence at All .

benwilliams 18th October 2020 08.51:53

[QUOTE=redavid;2397500]His interview says it all " thats not good enough " Well we know that dont we , The vacant look is enough , He`s devoid of answer`s , And if the interviewer was a bit less diplomatic and asked Him the "Real" questions , like the fans dont think you and your coaches are good enough . wonder what his answer would be then .
He dropped Jordan Davies for His mistake last time out , even though playing Him out of position , the lads confidence will suffer , come to think of it Keates doesen`t inspire any Confidence at All .[/QUOTE]

I thought Colin the interviewer did ask tougher than normal questions bearing in mind this is the clubs own media team not Paxman

sparky 18th October 2020 09.00:16

[QUOTE=davd29;2397499]Cheap appointment, terrible manager, horrific football first time around why anyone thought it would be better 2nd time is beyond us fans. Just hope the takeover goes through and we can at last get a manager with ambition our club deserves[/QUOTE]

You'd of thought he'd find some pride, some self respect and take a 'feck it' attitude seeing as this will be his last ever management job of a full time club. Go out in a blaze of glory, plenty of attacking football with a nothing to lose attitude, forgetting all about clean sheets. But the lot of them, just haven't got it in them have they. Keates, Davies, Oakes, and Darlington. Cowards, the lot of them.

curly 18th October 2020 09.00:45

As a season ticket holder for many years I have happily paid to watch all the games so far this season. However, after yesterday's embarrassing display I will now keep my money in my pocket until concrete change and improvement happens and I don't think I'll be the only one.

standman 18th October 2020 09.51:23

[QUOTE=curly;2397514]As a season ticket holder for many years I have happily paid to watch all the games so far this season. However, after yesterday's embarrassing display I will now keep my money in my pocket until concrete change and improvement happens and I don't think I'll be the only one.[/QUOTE]

Had already decided before yesterday that nothings improved on last season and probably unfairly on the home team I had chosen to listen on the radio and not hand any money over.

Hightown Brymbo Red 18th October 2020 10.03:50

Of all the polls on RP is this the most clear cut?

sparky 18th October 2020 10.10:58

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2397535]Of all the polls on RP is this the most clear cut?[/QUOTE]

I think there was one about sacking Saunders where only 7 I think ( I was one) voted for keeping him. The main concern about this one is the timing. Only four games in and the knives are out. This was always going to be the risk seeing as Keates had so little money in the bank so to speak. It's backfired more than a backfired thing at the backfired world championships.

redinsaudi 18th October 2020 10.21:19

Just listened to his interview and the guy is absolutely clueless. Credit to whoever is interviewing him asking him simple questions but he just can’t answer them. We were at fault for all four goals but the ref missed a penalty. Absolutely one clueless clown. Spencer hang your head in shame

subbuteorob 18th October 2020 10.29:21

We are a defensive team that can't defend. Says it all really. Beyond poor - an embarrassment !

Hamilton Pathetic 18th October 2020 10.30:41

I’m surprised that only 15 people have voted for Keates to be given more time.

There were 16 players in the squad yesterday plus say 4 management team making 20. When are the other 5 going to vote?

WxmWynno 18th October 2020 10.46:44

[QUOTE=Hamilton Pathetic;2397557]I’m surprised that only 15 people have voted for Keates to be given more time.

There were 16 players in the squad yesterday plus say 4 management team making 20. When are the other 5 going to vote?[/QUOTE]

And abstaining doesn’t count either way

mitchelltown 18th October 2020 11.00:56

[QUOTE=redinsaudi;2397554]Just listened to his interview and the guy is absolutely clueless. Credit to whoever is interviewing him asking him simple questions but he just can’t answer them. We were at fault for all four goals but the ref missed a penalty. Absolutely one clueless clown. Spencer hang your head in shame[/QUOTE]

In the interview the words "not good enough" was said 7 times by Keates. He ends up by saying maybe it's the "mentality." I think he needs to look at himself before questioning the mentality of others. What a disgraceful managers interview.

redinsaudi 18th October 2020 11.08:25

[QUOTE=mitchelltown;2397573]In the interview the words "not good enough" was said 7 times by Keates. He ends up by saying maybe it's the "mentality." I think he needs to look at himself before questioning the mentality of others. What a disgraceful managers interview.[/QUOTE]

When he says ‘15 chances and we only scored 3, one in 3 isn’t good enough’ 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👏🏻

northwalian dragon 18th October 2020 11.21:42

[QUOTE=sparky;2397543]I think there was one about sacking Saunders where only 7 I think ( I was one) voted for keeping him. The main concern about this one is the timing. Only four games in and the knives are out. This was always going to be the risk seeing as Keates had so little money in the bank so to speak. It's backfired more than a backfired thing at the backfired world championships.[/QUOTE]

Let's be clear although the budget has been cut its still very healthy. Hughes got a 20% increase in budget and its now been reduced to roughly what it was pre danny Ward money. I.e. roughly what Ricketts had to spend so there's no excuses for Keates

The board decided to give Keates such a large budget it endangers the future of the club. To once again try and cover up their blatantly obvious mistakes. Bringing Keates back was doomed to fail from the start. His dire managerial record, his god awful style of football, his disgusting treatment of the club previously and the principle that he should not be allowed back at a football club that has any pride in itself. Sadly the board thought otherwise.

sparky 18th October 2020 11.34:29

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2397582]Let's be clear although the budget has been cut its still very healthy. Hughes got a 20% increase in budget and its now been reduced to roughly what it was pre danny Ward money. I.e. roughly what Ricketts had to spend so there's no excuses for Keates

The board decided to give Keates such a large budget it endangers the future of the club. To once again try and cover up their blatantly obvious mistakes. Bringing Keates back was doomed to fail from the start. His dire managerial record, his god awful style of football, his disgusting treatment of the club previously and the principle that he should not be allowed back at a football club that has any pride in itself. Sadly the board thought otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I think you've misunderstood me. The point I was making is Keates had so little goodwill ( money in the bank) on his return that folk quite rightly had fingers on triggers. Calling for a manager's head after four games is bizarre, but such is the low esteem that Keates is thought of, this was anyways going to the case, and quite rightly so.

Readred 18th October 2020 11.50:01

[QUOTE=sparky;2397590]I think you've misunderstood me. The point I was making is Keates had so little goodwill ( money in the bank) on his return that folk quite rightly had fingers on triggers. Calling for a manager's head after four games is bizarre, but such is the low esteem that Keates is thought of, this was anyways going to the case, and quite rightly so.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but is it really 4 games? Or is it most of last season (I think we’d have gone down if it had been played out) after he took over. Followed up by 4 woeful performances this season at which point he’s blaming mentality? No such thing as poor teams, only poor leaders.

jacthelad 18th October 2020 11.58:47

[QUOTE=Readred;2397593]I agree, but is it really 4 games? Or is it most of last season (I think we’d have gone down if it had been played out) after he took over. Followed up by 4 woeful performances this season at which point he’s blaming mentality? No such thing as poor teams, only poor leaders.[/QUOTE]

He's blamed the ref a couple of times aswell 😂😂

northwalian dragon 18th October 2020 12.08:33

[QUOTE=sparky;2397590]I think you've misunderstood me. The point I was making is Keates had so little goodwill ( money in the bank) on his return that folk quite rightly had fingers on triggers. Calling for a manager's head after four games is bizarre, but such is the low esteem that Keates is thought of, this was anyways going to the case, and quite rightly so.[/QUOTE]

I see! My apologies Sparky :)

TWREX 18th October 2020 12.15:03

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2397464]With the current management team, we can't afford not to get rid of them.

Can’t see us getting much more funds from the streaming it’s still shite to watch even with our long range camera.

redman2014 18th October 2020 12.16:50

This poll is pretty comprehensive.
Keates and co need to go.
It is evident he is not capable of setting up team to attack and we are leaking goals at the back.
In fairness, Keates was an unpopular appointment after leaving to join Walsall.

It has not worked out this time and he needs to go. His backroom staff is not good enough and I am unsure of the quality that Keates has brought in, despite the early season anticipation. I know Kelleher looks good but I am not sure about the others. Durrell looks as about as fit as Bootlegger playing in Marstons Sunday Pub League.

I think he may have three games. The next one is a massive game for the club. A loss and the season is all but over. The club has to have a good cup run. That said Solihull seems to be our bogey team.

Then it's Barnet and Sutton at home before November.

krux 18th October 2020 12.44:06

Trust might not be able to be in the red, but the club certainly can. Indeed there was a budgeted loss for this season and we have lost money many times in previous years.

andy buckley 18th October 2020 13.18:23

[QUOTE=redman2014;239760

A loss and the season is all but over. The club has to have a good cup run. That said Solihull seems to be our bogey team.

Then it's Barnet and Sutton at home before November.[/QUOTE]

A week ago there was a thread about being top of the league on monday night skip forward a week and if we lose to Solihull the season is already over 😂😂😂😂😂😂

quaydragon 18th October 2020 13.44:53

Hasn't the **** gone yet !

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.01:41.