RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wealdstone Fiasco (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116362-wealdstone-fiasco.html)

stevewxm 18th October 2020 12.59:06

Re: Wealdstone Fiasco

[QUOTE=eastsussex;2397560]We have been shit since the trust first took over.

Morrell inherited a team which managed to keep us challenging until that team fell apart and we had about 6 weeks of exciting football in the summer after Gary Mills took over, but he was 'supposedly' constantly on the lash and his team were not disciplined by Mills, while Mills was not called to account by the board.
Aside from that we have been mostly dire under Keates&Co and Covid saved us from relegation to the Conference North last season.
Without a takeover, it is difficult to believe that we wont be relegated this season or if financially, we will go under anyway, as lots of fans will just not keep supporting year on year failure.[/QUOTE]

Agree, it was much better under Hamilton and Gutterman we where really going places........

Cartman 18th October 2020 13.05:17

[QUOTE=stevewxm;2397617]Agree, it was much better under Hamilton and Gutterman we where really going places........[/QUOTE]

Having to resort to that comparison shows just how bad the fan owned board have been

John Neals Dynasty 18th October 2020 13.53:24

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2397515]It'll come down to a simple decision really. It's a choice between a potentially successful football club or to die with fan ownership? Some I feel would rather die still clinging on to their idealistic nightmare.[/QUOTE]

Yes Dixie you are correct they are the club killers.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

LlayDragon 18th October 2020 13.56:06

[QUOTE=stevewxm;2397617]Agree, it was much better under Hamilton and Gutterman we where really going places........[/QUOTE]

Now that's nostalgia.

Colonel D 20th October 2020 12.12:27

[QUOTE=Cartman;2397618]Having to resort to that comparison shows just how bad the fan owned board have been[/QUOTE]
How did you rate the Moss era then ?
One of the best teams since we have been Non League , but also the biggest debt because of it.

Superunknown 20th October 2020 12.31:08

Off topic but has anyone got any articles or other resources they can share with me on the Hamilton/Moss era?

I started supporting properly in 2016 so I only have a surface level understanding of what went on. If anyone has more in depth articles or anything that explain it on a deeper level I'd appreciate it.

podders 20th October 2020 13.01:43

[QUOTE=Superunknown;2398131]Off topic but has anyone got any articles or other resources they can share with me on the Hamilton/Moss era?

I started supporting properly in 2016 so I only have a surface level understanding of what went on. If anyone has more in depth articles or anything that explain it on a deeper level I'd appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

[url]https://twohundredpercent.net/tag/wrexham/[/url]

Was a very good resource at the time, don't agree with the new article on the R&R takeover though.

The woes of Wrexham were even discuss in Westminster
[url]https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201012/cmselect/cmcumeds/792/792vw38.htm[/url]

Superunknown 21st October 2020 06.53:04

[QUOTE=podders;2398134][url]https://twohundredpercent.net/tag/wrexham/[/url]

Was a very good resource at the time, don't agree with the new article on the R&R takeover though.

The woes of Wrexham were even discuss in Westminster
[url]https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201012/cmselect/cmcumeds/792/792vw38.htm[/url][/QUOTE]

Much appreciated, cheers!

redavid 21st October 2020 07.18:33

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2397262]After last season, you would have thought that we would have addressed the issues
Clearly not

We did the same with Brian Carey - and the rest is 13 years of dire history

Spencer and Co need to show what they are made of and make the change[/QUOTE]

This is what hurts the most , a once proud club steeped in History , Dont they realise that All this failure is now etched in to our History for ever ,
losing to All these little Clubs .:(

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 21st October 2020 10.47:57

[QUOTE=redavid;2398228]This is what hurts the most , a once proud club steeped in History , Dont they realise that All this failure is now etched in to our History for ever ,
losing to All these little Clubs .:([/QUOTE]

If this doesn't go through. I suggest SH and his mates go look under the carpet for one of those eleven bids thry hid under there

Their time is up.

sparky 21st October 2020 12.03:30

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2398125]How did you rate the Moss era then ?
One of the best teams since we have been Non League , but also the biggest debt because of it.[/QUOTE]

Apologies for a cheap copy and paste job, but I wonder what the following team was costing,

Mayebi, Obeng, Ashton, Creighton, Harris (Keates 70'), Tolley, Knight-Percival, Clarke, Wright (Little 90+4'), Speight (Cieslewicz 80'), Pogba
Substitutes (not used): Maxwell, Hunt

what it was worth and what it cost compared to Bryan Hughes' team?

Hometown Unicorn 21st October 2020 12.40:01

[QUOTE=sparky;2398311]Apologies for a cheap copy and paste job, but I wonder what the following team was costing,

Mayebi, Obeng, Ashton, Creighton, Harris (Keates 70'), Tolley, Knight-Percival, Clarke, Wright (Little 90+4'), Speight (Cieslewicz 80'), Pogba
Substitutes (not used): Maxwell, Hunt

what it was worth and what it cost compared to Bryan Hughes' team?[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine Creighton, Keates, Harris, Little & Speight were the only ones mentioned there on big wages, as in above £1k (in 2020 terms). Maybe Wright as well. Aside from that we probably had just Stephen Wright (from March) and potentially Chris Westwood on those sorts of wages.

Compare that to last season, where we had Lainton, Smith, Pearson, Summerfield, Redmond, Grant & Hooper on the bill, all of whom I would wager were on contracts of more than or around £1k per week. Harris too in the second half of the year. I could be wrong though, I don't know for sure.

The point is, we didn't have a whole lot more money to build the team in 2011/12, just better management.

sparky 21st October 2020 13.16:09

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2398332]I'd imagine Creighton, Keates, Harris, Little & Speight were the only ones mentioned there on big wages, as in above £1k (in 2020 terms). Maybe Wright as well. Aside from that we probably had just Stephen Wright (from March) and potentially Chris Westwood on those sorts of wages.

Compare that to last season, where we had Lainton, Smith, Pearson, Summerfield, Redmond, Grant & Hooper on the bill, all of whom I would wager were on contracts of more than or around £1k per week. Harris too in the second half of the year. I could be wrong though, I don't know for sure.

The point is, we didn't have a whole lot more money to build the team in 2011/12, just better management.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Myth 276 busted.

redone 21st October 2020 13.29:56

you need winners in your team, 2011 had plenty, current squad ? Pearson .....

Colonel D 21st October 2020 13.44:06

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2398332]I'd imagine Creighton, Keates, Harris, Little & Speight were the only ones mentioned there on big wages, as in above £1k (in 2020 terms). Maybe Wright as well. Aside from that we probably had just Stephen Wright (from March) and potentially Chris Westwood on those sorts of wages.

The point is, we didn't have a whole lot more money to build the team in 2011/12, just better management.[/QUOTE]

So how did we accumulate such a large debt then?
Despite their failings the WST managed the books far better.

benwilliams 21st October 2020 15.44:39

[QUOTE=redone;2398355]you need winners in your team, 2011 had plenty, current squad ? Pearson .....[/QUOTE]

Durrell Harris (in terms of promotion from this division)
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

redone 21st October 2020 16.10:29

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2398390]Durrell Harris (in terms of promotion from this division)
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

winners... when people get the better of their opposite number

Jaded 21st October 2020 17.25:44

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2398390]Durrell Harris (in terms of promotion from this division)
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Harris, of course, also beat the bookies with a four figure bet on Bury to beat Accrington Stanley in a game he played for AS in. Definitely a big winner there!

Number6 21st October 2020 19.06:20

For a little perspective, Wealdstone beat Chesterfield 3-2 2 days after beating us, and Maidenhead after winning 0-1 at the Racecourse beat Notts Cty 2-3 at Meadow Lane. Big clubs like us eh!

Ooh aah Paskin 22nd October 2020 10.07:12

[QUOTE=Number6;2398448]For a little perspective, Wealdstone beat Chesterfield 3-2 2 days after beating us, and Maidenhead after winning 0-1 at the Racecourse beat Notts Cty 2-3 at Meadow Lane. Big clubs like us eh![/QUOTE]

More likely crap clubs like us (well, us and Chesterfield anyway..Notts were hit by COVID i believe)... :D

Colonel D 22nd October 2020 16.08:49

[COLOR="Magenta"]The point is, we didn't have a whole lot more money to build the team in 2011/12, just better management.[/QUOTE]
[/COLOR]
The wage bill is made up by the total squad .How many players did Saunders use before he got his squad right ? Didn't Little have over 30?
What were the management wages?
What was the average gate back then.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.28:16.