RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wealdstone Fiasco (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116362-wealdstone-fiasco.html)

noisy1 18th October 2020 06.38:20

Re: Wealdstone Fiasco

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2397327]The difference was the half time pep talks.
[/QUOTE]

Judging by his post match interviews, I think the trouble is that Keates has no charisma. I would imagine that when he starts talking, the squad stop listening.

sparky 18th October 2020 07.10:43

[QUOTE=Foxy;2397455]There are no words in the English language, or indeed the entire history of languages as far back as Egyptian hieroglyphics, that can describe that performance today.[/QUOTE]

Welcome back. You've been missed.

awill 18th October 2020 08.23:10

Was it really as bad as everyone is making out?
Come on,first half was OK. Defence looked uneasy and couldn’ settle down but there were a few positives. Reckord looked good,great crosses and covered a lot of ground, Young worked well with tremendous tackle laying on 2nd goal, Yussuf looked lively, and plenty of action in their box.
Second half you have to ask what was said at the break. We looked exactly what we are - a bunch of strangers with no affinity to the club,no team spirit,no captain and playing for a manager who is seemingly lacking any motivational skills and tactical variations.
No short term fix for those issues I’m afraid in our current plight.
Let’s hope something positive happens in the next few weeks.
So, before I get lambasted, I suppose it was as bad as everyone is making out !

Ooh aah Paskin 18th October 2020 08.30:01

[QUOTE=awill;2397501]Was it really as bad as everyone is making out?
[/QUOTE]

Yes. Worse even. :D

Only bright spark was at least it looks like Yussuf knows where the net is.

FieldtownRed 18th October 2020 08.42:34

[QUOTE=awill;2397501]Was it really as bad as everyone is making out?
Come on,first half was OK. Defence looked uneasy and couldn’ settle down but there were a few positives. Reckord looked good,great crosses and covered a lot of ground, Young worked well with tremendous tackle laying on 2nd goal, Yussuf looked lively, and plenty of action in their box.
Second half you have to ask what was said at the break. We looked exactly what we are - a bunch of strangers with no affinity to the club,no team spirit,no captain and playing for a manager who is seemingly lacking any motivational skills and tactical variations.
No short term fix for those issues I’m afraid in our current plight.
Let’s hope something positive happens in the next few weeks.
So, before I get lambasted, I suppose it was as bad as everyone is making out ![/QUOTE]

I disagree. It was terrible from start to finish. Nowhere near good enough.

wrexile 18th October 2020 09.00:38

Thank Christ I couldn’t get to see this one and saved myself a tenner. Listening on Mixlr was telling enough, I think they described the car crash that’s emerging pretty well before losing the signal... which was a relief in itself!
It’s almost as if this deal has been planned a very long time ago with the brief of deliberately making us as shit as possible prior to any takeover.... it’s the only reason for possibly reinstalling Keates.

dixienormous 18th October 2020 09.10:28

It'll come down to a simple decision really. It's a choice between a potentially successful football club or to die with fan ownership? Some I feel would rather die still clinging on to their idealistic nightmare.

eastsussex 18th October 2020 10.34:24

[QUOTE=wrexile;2397513]Thank Christ I couldn’t get to see this one and saved myself a tenner. Listening on Mixlr was telling enough, I think they described the car crash that’s emerging pretty well before losing the signal... which was a relief in itself!
[B]It’s almost as if this deal has been planned a very long time ago with the brief of deliberately making us as shit as possible prior to any takeover.... it’s the only reason for possibly reinstalling Keates.[/B][/QUOTE]

We have been shit since the trust first took over.

Morrell inherited a team which managed to keep us challenging until that team fell apart and we had about 6 weeks of exciting football in the summer after Gary Mills took over, but he was 'supposedly' constantly on the lash and his team were not disciplined by Mills, while Mills was not called to account by the board.
Aside from that we have been mostly dire under Keates&Co and Covid saved us from relegation to the Conference North last season.
Without a takeover, it is difficult to believe that we wont be relegated this season or if financially, we will go under anyway, as lots of fans will just not keep supporting year on year failure.

stevewxm 18th October 2020 12.59:06

[QUOTE=eastsussex;2397560]We have been shit since the trust first took over.

Morrell inherited a team which managed to keep us challenging until that team fell apart and we had about 6 weeks of exciting football in the summer after Gary Mills took over, but he was 'supposedly' constantly on the lash and his team were not disciplined by Mills, while Mills was not called to account by the board.
Aside from that we have been mostly dire under Keates&Co and Covid saved us from relegation to the Conference North last season.
Without a takeover, it is difficult to believe that we wont be relegated this season or if financially, we will go under anyway, as lots of fans will just not keep supporting year on year failure.[/QUOTE]

Agree, it was much better under Hamilton and Gutterman we where really going places........

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.31:35.