RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wealdstone Fiasco (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116362-wealdstone-fiasco.html)

Colonel D 17th October 2020 15.47:12

Wealdstone Fiasco

Just when you think it can’t get worse it does.
We’ve made them look like world beaters.

Wrexhm 1978 17th October 2020 15.56:06

Re: Wealdstone Fiasco

It’s the fans fault. Unrealistic expectations. How can we expect to compete the powerhouses of Maidenhead and Wealdstone

Jumpersforgoalposts 17th October 2020 15.57:56

Rob and Ryan will sort the mess out !!

Midwest Express 17th October 2020 16.02:17

Wow. Fiasco is putting it mildly. Poor defending killed us and Keates should have changed it up in the second half. Inexcusable.

WV1 17th October 2020 16.04:57

The fact people are not surprised we didn’t win tells the whole story.

Really, really sad state of affairs

dlrwrexham 17th October 2020 16.05:59

I'm usually more patient than some, but I have no faith in DK. What I've seen so far this season, is like a replay of his first spell in charge. Same formation, same pragmatic choice of personnel and the same turgid, disorganised 'football'. Lightening might not strike twice, but shit sure does!.:(

Ooh aah Paskin 17th October 2020 16.06:37

What's more infuriating is we should have won both of the last games if we were serious about promotion. And be sitting at the top right now..

OneLoveWrexham 17th October 2020 16.07:10

Disgraceful performance and far far worse than Mondays. This squad is nowhere near as good as people make out and then chuck in our inept management team. We have just gone away to relegation fodder with no strikers on the bench and got played off the park, really really embarrassing for all involved.

The Method Maws 17th October 2020 16.08:04

Pathetic

OneLoveWrexham 17th October 2020 16.11:52

And did Jarvis achieve any more than what Rutherford did?

flynhater 17th October 2020 16.13:21

The Fiasco was employing Keates in the first place. We all knew what to expect it was only the fools in charge who didnt :31::31::31::31:

moynkeepthefaith 17th October 2020 16.14:38

I wonder if the astronaut still thinks ‘Rob’ made a good decision?
Thinking of changing my user name as I’ve lost it

dlrwrexham 17th October 2020 16.14:47

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2397216]And did Jarvis achieve any more than what Rutherford did?[/QUOTE]

I do think we've got some decent lads here ATM, but I have no faith in DK to get anything like the best out of them as a team, or even as individuals.:(

no1wrexfan1 17th October 2020 16.15:11

Shocking this club is rotten, 1st half luke young pressed their cb got the ball with ease and played a through ball and we score.
So why on earth do we start the second half with our back 4 on the edge of our box. We then conceded 2 very shit goals and for all those saying Pearson is past it well today we where crying out for him.
After being 2 goals down we start to press again and started creating chances again.
It’s not the players it’s the way they are being asked to play.
Keates has to go but the wst won’t do nothing because potentially in less than a month this is not their club.
Glad next weekend is a cup game and time we play our next League game we will be closer to the takeover.
If this takeover doesn’t go through then this club will die a slow death !!!

newyorkred 17th October 2020 16.15:48

Like dlr, I am not normally quick to criticize but that was absolute garbage. The first half was laughable - Sunday league stuff, as people said - but the second half was abysmal. The mighty Wealdstone changed formation and tightened up in key areas and our players and management could not seem to see it, understand it, or respond to it. Pathetic!

The only tiny glimmer of positivity for me was seeing Dan Jarvis get some time on the ball and seeing what might be if the players around him get used to actually playing the ball through midfield. He had some good touches and, with a bit of luck, would have made a couple of goals - but we would have to have strikers who can score for that.

Pathetic rubbish - probably the worst I have felt as a Wrexham supporter in 44 years.

Superunknown 17th October 2020 16.15:55

Shite tactics, can’t defend set pieces, no changes when we’re 4-2 down, how much more of this clown do we need to put up with? Abject dire performance

sexyfootball1 17th October 2020 16.16:54

Can anyone explain what we were trying to do? Absolutely shocking

fluffysheepsupporter 17th October 2020 16.17:32

Any chance Daffy can deny them the elite status and they are forbidden to cross the border next Saturday. If not, Solihull are set to give us a hiding. No way will we win .
And this is coming from one of the biggest happy clappers you could find.

shimosays 17th October 2020 16.18:15

On paper, pretty much every one of our starting 11 would start for Maidenhead and Wealdstone. They have all either got football league experience or have at least done well with teams at the top of the Conference. So whatever Keates and co are doing is making us worse than the sum of our parts. He has got to go.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Wiltshire_Red 17th October 2020 16.18:50

How can we not use our subs when losing 4-2, no plan b, totally one dimensional and tactically inept.

bowler 17th October 2020 16.20:04

Got to go tonight before moral drops any lower mind you I think we pretty close to rock bottom now

Jaded 17th October 2020 16.21:35

[QUOTE=Midwest Express;2397196]Wow. Fiasco is putting it mildly. Poor defending killed us and Keates should have changed it up in the second half. Inexcusable.[/QUOTE]

Is Keates your ‘convenient scapegoat’? Or have you realised he’s hopeless.

Midwest Express 17th October 2020 16.23:46

[QUOTE=Jaded;2397236]Is Keates your ‘convenient scapegoat’? Or have you realised he’s hopeless.[/QUOTE]

Making observations based on what I saw.

krux 17th October 2020 16.25:14

[QUOTE=Wiltshire_Red;2397230]How can we not use our subs when losing 4-2, no plan b, totally one dimensional and tactically inept.[/QUOTE]

The most basic thing you can do when 4-2 down is use all your subs and go four up front. Anyone would make that change.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

redrex 17th October 2020 16.28:22

Has he gone yet?:31:

Liverpool Red 17th October 2020 16.30:34

He is tactically inept. The football is dreadful to watch and all players that arrive here get worse rather than better. Time to go.

DenbighRed 17th October 2020 16.33:47

We're mugs for ever taking him back.

Just to recap the situation, he leaves with 8 games to go in a season. His gormless number 2 Andy Davies takes over and single-handedly ruins our season, costing us a play-off spot when it was almost harder to finish outside the PO places. Davies follows Keates to Walsall as soon as the season finishes. They make a total mess of that job and are pretty soon told they're no longer required. Is being the mugs we are then decide to take these two clowns back.

All the while Darlington has been with us offering sod all as usual.

Why is this club such an embarrassing walkover with no semblance of a spine?

Please for the love of God let this takeover happen and get rid of the three idiots as soon as humanly possible.

harrypothead 17th October 2020 16.35:43

What I dont understand is when Keates was playing, he was in a midfield that closed down early and hassled for every ball, so why does he set up a team that dont challenge for the ball and sit back waiting for the oppression to make a mistake. Today that tactic alone cost us 4 goals. This league is all about putting pressure on the opposition and giving them no time on the ball, no time to think. Its basic school boys tactics. What is Keates thinking about this? Why is he setting his team up to lose????

marathonplny 17th October 2020 16.37:09

After last season, you would have thought that we would have addressed the issues
Clearly not

We did the same with Brian Carey - and the rest is 13 years of dire history

Spencer and Co need to show what they are made of and make the change

Hightown Brymbo Red 17th October 2020 16.38:40

[QUOTE=krux;2397245]The most basic thing you can do when 4-2 down is use all your subs and go four up front. Anyone would make that change.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Agree however his squad is so poor and thread bare he didnt have any forwards on the bench

billy 17th October 2020 16.43:38

Never seen two banks of four so stuck in there positions no closing down no inter change of play no hope

Midwest Express 17th October 2020 16.45:21

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2397265]Agree however his squad is so poor and thread bare he didnt have any forwards on the bench[/QUOTE]

Davies and Redmond could have still come on and changed things up.

As others have alluded to, where was plan B?

shetred 17th October 2020 16.46:09

Keates has the tactical awareness of a chicken heading into a crocodile enclosure, he doesn't see an issue that's dangerous on the pitch to his team, spends to much time blaming the ref, or the pitch, or weather, rather than his own short comings.

Between him, Davies and Darlington you have 3 of the biggest wage thieves in recent Wrexham history, they must be laughing going home each part time week that passes for them.

I'd say Dean instead of answering every question with "Look" how about you use your eyes to find the nearest exit door...

FieldtownRed 17th October 2020 16.46:12

[QUOTE=Midwest Express;2397276]Davies and Redmond could have still come on and changed things up.

As others have alluded to, where was plan B?[/QUOTE]

B? I’m still waiting for plan A!

RedArmy123 17th October 2020 16.47:37

As much as Keates is to blame for this mess, the players shouldn’t be exempt from any criticism tonight. Absolutely gutless from everyone today, no one can say they played well. Gutless and utterly embarrassing. Whole team and the coaching staff should be ashamed of that today.

Hightown Brymbo Red 17th October 2020 16.48:44

[QUOTE=Midwest Express;2397276]Davies and Redmond could have still come on and changed things up.

As others have alluded to, where was plan B?[/QUOTE]

Again agree but if they were put up front they would be played out of position..Just pointing out that Keates's squad is lob sided and poor quality

Sean Reckless 17th October 2020 16.49:10

Grateful that these games are behind closed doors as we can all how bad that actually was with the streaming. And I won't bother again until new manager in place

dixienormous 17th October 2020 16.52:08

[QUOTE=DenbighRed;2397259]We're mugs for ever taking him back.

Just to recap the situation, he leaves with 8 games to go in a season. His gormless number 2 Andy Davies takes over and single-handedly ruins our season, costing us a play-off spot when it was almost harder to finish outside the PO places. Davies follows Keates to Walsall as soon as the season finishes. They make a total mess of that job and are pretty soon told they're no longer required. Is being the mugs we are then decide to take these two clowns back.

All the while Darlington has been with us offering sod all as usual.

Why is this club such an embarrassing walkover with no semblance of a spine?

Please for the love of God let this takeover happen and get rid of the three idiots as soon as humanly possible.[/QUOTE]

Great post.

The WST have turned into one of the biggest jokes in football.

redinsaudi 17th October 2020 16.56:51

Spencer should be utterly embarrassed by reappointing his pal for ‘unfinished business’ it’s not his train set to play with. DK is now down to 32.5 win % and that’s relegation form

Rondy 17th October 2020 16.56:52

I remember saying this last season and the season before that. Every game should be treated as a cup final. When a team with such a good ground is supposed to be fighting to get back into league status someone has to motivate the players and it's just not happening.
Someone has to have a rethink before we sink into even more depths of despair.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.59:04.