RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Rock And A Hard Place (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116365-rock-hard-place.html)

basdragon 18th October 2020 10.00:06

Re: Rock And A Hard Place

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2397347]Keates and the current managerial set up need to go of that there is no question. Same issues as last season have not been addressed and its already looking like relegation form.

We have possibly going through a takeover that could put much needed funds into the club and a path to a much higher level.

The issue is how long under the current set up can we keep going with Keates and his anti football before he has to be sacked? Can we even afford to sack him and get rid of Davies and Darlington under the current set up? Can the board be trusted to bring in a proper manager?

Any new owner just needs to have watched the last two games to know what we have managerial wise is nowhere near good enough, hell i think even Spencer and his ilk know Keates has been a catastrophic mistake not that they will admit it.

So what do we do. Sack now and risk another poor appointment or risk Keates driving us into the relegation zone and then someone proper having to come in and save us?

Trying not to even think what will happen if the deal dosen't go through.[/QUOTE]

You have highlighted the two main issues with getting shot of Keates now. Can we afford it as it stands, and can we trust the board to appoint someone else .

At least with the second point I know the answer is definitely not !!!!!!

Hightown Brymbo Red 18th October 2020 10.02:28

The Trust wont sack Keates they want to keep their money hidden away .
As usual they are putting themselves before the best interests of the football club

Lesjonno 18th October 2020 11.18:05

These abysmal results must at least make anyone still undecided about a takeover think that it’s the only solution. Every cloud has a silver lining.

dragonspark 18th October 2020 11.22:12

the trust will contiunue to cost the club resources even after take over, Keats will have to be paid off, Darlingtons three year contract will have to be paid up and anyone else whose services will no longer be required, i have a feeling there is more things hidden away but i dont care now just want the takeover finalised and have my club back

NottsRed 18th October 2020 15.59:41

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2397422]Very true and when the idealistic obsession becomes more important than the football club you get a club like ours, a complete disaster from top to bottom.

Let this nightmare come to an end, enough is enough for god's sake.
History will tell us what fan ownership did to us and how it nearly killed us, and it will kill us if this deal doesn't go through.

What's the difference between a dead club with debt and a dead club without debt? Nothing.[/QUOTE]

With the benefit of hindsight on fan ownership fixed term positions at the top?? You serve X years then you step down for someone else to come in. No option for any second term.

As it stands though the club without this takeover is in a complete mess both on and off he pitch. You can't see Keates being able to pick the squad up after these last two defeats and motivate them for Saturday.

bowler 18th October 2020 16.10:32

Fan ownership is a dead duck let's be done with it.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.34:15.