Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th October 2020, 20.22:25   #37-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST minutes updated

If the club isn’t sold how can you trust anyone from this era of ownership, it’s an absolute disgrace.

So there’s been 11 bids and 3 bids at the same time, while we piss about mid table in the conference.

Honestly why are there even negotiations just give us the fecking offer, it’s a yes from me without even reading nothing can be worse than fan ownership. Why should someone need to outline their vision when the WST and its 400 voters have none anyway.

Iv seen posts on here certain people stating investment for a disabled platform ... no disrespect but this is where we have gone wrong, if the DSA can raise funds for the platforms do them after covid when we can have fans back in their entirety, the new stand if it goes a head make certain parts wheelchair accessible built in when it’s built then leave it at that. No businessman will tolerate these resolutions or even listen the club will hopefully be ripped apart from top top bottom as what we are looking at now is a fragile shell built on maintaining the status quo ... with plenty of cracks in the board room carpet.

We are a football club, the pitch and the football is all that matters it’s what brings bums on seats not this community club nonsense. None of it has been legitimate anyway it’s the cliques club and these minutes are like they don’t even care showing it.
Old 19th October 2020, 20.40:27   #38-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
If the club isn’t sold how can you trust anyone from this era of ownership, it’s an absolute disgrace.

So there’s been 11 bids and 3 bids at the same time, while we piss about mid table in the conference.

Honestly why are there even negotiations just give us the fecking offer, it’s a yes from me without even reading nothing can be worse than fan ownership. Why should someone need to outline their vision when the WST and its 400 voters have none anyway.

Iv seen posts on here certain people stating investment for a disabled platform ... no disrespect but this is where we have gone wrong, if the DSA can raise funds for the platforms do them after covid when we can have fans back in their entirety, the new stand if it goes a head make certain parts wheelchair accessible built in when it’s built then leave it at that. No businessman will tolerate these resolutions or even listen the club will hopefully be ripped apart from top top bottom as what we are looking at now is a fragile shell built on maintaining the status quo ... with plenty of cracks in the board room carpet.

We are a football club, the pitch and the football is all that matters it’s what brings bums on seats not this community club nonsense. None of it has been legitimate anyway it’s the cliques club and these minutes are like they don’t even care showing it.
Agree
Old 19th October 2020, 20.41:35   #39-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
Who was the gutless muppet who abstained to progress with talks and appointing a solicitor?
If you dont agree vote against it!
Should do a poll to find out who it is.
Old 20th October 2020, 03.57:51   #40-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

I cannot believe something as important as this thread, representatives lying about interest for years when there has been 11 bids and 3 at the same time has managed 4 pages of discussion.

This is an absolute disgrace, if it was private ownership it would be a different story. I cannot actually believe whoever posted the minutes, has done so as is!

They have no shame in stating there has been interest but they decided to say “there’s interest from time to time”, 11 bids in 8 years of trust ownership. They have no shame in deciding what keeps them in power and what holds the club back ie fan ownership.

Overall, fan ownership to me has been the worst possible outcome for a football club probably similar to a nationalised business where it becomes worse and worse year on year then ceases to exit .... but propaganda at the time of its never been ran better ... then it all comes crashing down!
Old 20th October 2020, 07.44:24   #41-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS - Mold End or ERS Central

Quote:
I cannot believe something as important as this thread, representatives lying about interest for years when there has been 11 bids and 3 at the same time has managed 4 pages of discussion.

This is an absolute disgrace, if it was private ownership it would be a different story. I cannot actually believe whoever posted the minutes, has done so as is!

They have no shame in stating there has been interest but they decided to say “there’s interest from time to time”, 11 bids in 8 years of trust ownership. They have no shame in deciding what keeps them in power and what holds the club back ie fan ownership.

Overall, fan ownership to me has been the worst possible outcome for a football club probably similar to a nationalised business where it becomes worse and worse year on year then ceases to exit .... but propaganda at the time of its never been ran better ... then it all comes crashing down!
To be fair, this proposed deal sounds like the best we are ever going to get so in hindsight I'm glad we held out and didn't sell to Moneypenny for example (that's an example, I have no idea if they've ever shown interest)
Old 20th October 2020, 08.13:48   #42-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:

Your right, it is an absolute disgrace.

That said, let's try and find some positives. Supporters faith in the WST is at al all time low, the trust in the WST is at all time low, both individually and collectively. Despite what some might say, it's not the fan's fault they have dug their own grave and it's not the fan's fault that fan ownership has, without a shadow of doubt, ran it's course here and must be confined to history as far as WFC is concerned.

As one door closes, another one opens and what an opening we have here. If this bid had of come in four or five years ago then there may well have been a case for saying " not yet Ryan, we just need a couple more chances just in case things change and Danny ward get's a move". Not now, there is no case, none whatsoever for turning this down. Equally, if you like football, there is no case, none at all for sticking with the WST, even more so now LJ is on the scene.

The more WST own goals that we hear about the better for me, because it means that when the time comes, this vote is only going to go one way and we get our club back.
Old 20th October 2020, 08.52:36   #43-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 138+NotOut View Post
To be fair, this proposed deal sounds like the best we are ever going to get so in hindsight I'm glad we held out and didn't sell to Moneypenny for example (that's an example, I have no idea if they've ever shown interest)
That would depend on where prospective owners had got us wouldn't it? Whilst some kill clubs it cuts the other way too.

Yes this is a great opportunity, but bugger me there is so much to do after years and years of decline. Every single aspect of Wrexham AFC needs huge improvement.

As others have said the club was never WST's ball to play with. The trust did a decent job of stabilising the club, with big support from us horrible fans. When it was stabilised that was the point to start looking for investment/a hybrid model. But instead egos took over.
Old 20th October 2020, 08.58:55   #44-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

It does make me laugh that we're all waiting to hear their vision before making a decision?? I mean, what's there to make a decision about? Look at the state of the club for god sake.
Old 20th October 2020, 09.36:57   #45-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
It does make me laugh that we're all waiting to hear their vision before making a decision?? I mean, what's there to make a decision about? Look at the state of the club for god sake.
They’ve got my vote if they simply agree to put the fixtures on the club website.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.45:23.