Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th October 2020, 22.54:39   #1-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Previous Owners?

Can anyone give clarity on who our previous owners were I know when we gained our greatest success in the 70’s we were owned by a dairy business man (milkman) I think Pryce Griffiths was a newsagent (paperboy) but who owned us in our other promotions I know we won the LDV trophy with a solicitor then took us down after trying to destroy us I know we won the FA trophy with the Trust so how will we get on with real wealth behind us
Old 29th October 2020, 23.04:35   #2-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Default Re: Previous Owners?

I'm not really sure I understand this thread. You make Tomlinson sound like he was just employed to drive the milk floats and Pryce like a teenager paid a tenner a week to deliver the daily papers.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 29th October 2020, 23.14:00   #3-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Just trying to establish how our previous owners have given us success as I think Thomlinson may have been our wealthiest given that at that time we were the most successful during our entire history but trying to establish if other owners with less wealth had more success with less wealth sorry for the comments of milkman and paper boy but given the wealth of R and R this is what I think they compare to in their wealth stakes please accept my apologies if any offence was taken
Old 29th October 2020, 23.15:43   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
I'm not really sure I understand this thread. You make Tomlinson sound like he was just employed to drive the milk floats and Pryce like a teenager paid a tenner a week to deliver the daily papers.
Posted via mobile theme
Yep... Although I was thinking about how R&R measure up in terms of net worth in comparison to our owners over the last few decades (comparatively of course). For example Moss, who despite being a huge tumour did fund one of the best Wrexham sides of the conference year. Just think it'd be interesting info
Old 29th October 2020, 23.22:27   #5-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Anywhere I can get a ticket

I would say they are all listed in the Racecourse Robins: Adams to Youds book.

However we aren't allowed to read anything written by Pete Jones anymore.
Old 29th October 2020, 23.40:06   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

Twitter: @??????

Fred Tomlinson was the Chairman back in the '60's early '70's. He was a "Gentleman Farmer" who was wealthy enough along with a full board of directors who were also local businessmen who would call in their directors loans when times were hard to support the club. When Fred retired, the directors changed, and the club was run mainly by local businessmen and we were ok for a while. Gordon Mytton eventually took over as Chair, but the board in the early '80's all ran away when asked to put up the cash. GM tried to run it alone but a combination of a slump in housing prices and a huge drop in attendances meant he couldn't keep it going. Pryce Griffiths stepped in and bought out his 75% (the 2 Daves and other minority share holders made up the other 25%). This arrangement kept the club afloat until PG decided to sell his holding to Alex Hamilton (fronted by Gutterman). The 2 Daves having had enough of Hamilton managed to take the club into administration losing their shares in the process. Geoff Moss and Nev Dickens took the club out of administration (in spite of a rival bid by the nascent WST), and presided over our fall from the league celebrating our loss of league status by going to Anfield whilst we lost at Hereford. Dickens resigned, and was replaced by Roberts the builder from Ruthin who between them raped the club of all its assets and used the WST plan to build on the carpark to provide accommodation and an ongoing rental income for the club to line their own pockets. They then proceeded to load debt on the club which almost took us out existence, which the WST subsequently cleared under their stewardship. I think that covers it for you.
Old 30th October 2020, 00.25:51   #7-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Whilst Fred Tomlinson was definitely the Chairman during John Neal and Arfon’s reign, he was supported by Geoffrey Morris, Hughie Phillips, Bill Gaade, Tony Morris, and possibly Charles Roberts. Norman Wilson was the Secretary at the time.
Old 30th October 2020, 02.21:53   #8-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

And going even further back I think we also had representation on the board by the Soames family of the brewing company and relations of Winston Churchill.
Old 30th October 2020, 08.12:08   #9-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

.......and only history will record how this latest venture will end.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.01:18.