Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st November 2020, 09.24:35   #19-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: I won't vote for the deal...as it stands.

It’ll make the takeover more the sweeter for me knowing that these balloons will be put back in their box, they’ve failed miserably so time to put your begging bowls away and let’s prosper.
Old 1st November 2020, 09.32:31   #20-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

It is definitely not "a short moment in time" it is a lifetime of some suporters including my children who are in their teens. We need to look to the next generation if this club is to survive. The trust has done a poor job overall but in particular how they have treated the fans is unforgiveable.

The deal is utterly remarkable and will bring excitement back to the club and rekindle the dream, a dream I never thought would be possible.

I personally think the forecast provided by the WST is flawed.The revenues will be nowhere near the figures shown. In particular they assume crowds will return to football in the New Year. They should perhaps also show a reasonable worst case scenario and see how the figures compare then !!

Regardless of Covid though the deal is a wonderful opportunity and will be an adventure. If it all goes wrong so be it a new community club would result and would climb the pyramid pretty quickly.

I don't think it will fail though. Miracles won't happen overnight but with the current set up there is very little chance. Vote for our children and give the club a chance of success.

2020 could be the start of an amazing journey, truly amazing.
Old 1st November 2020, 09.32:42   #21-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Turned a blind eye to:
  • BirchamGate
  • TwitterGate
  • Letters-to-Fans'-EmployersGate
  • GrovesSGMgate
  • HiringofManagersGate Parts 1,2 & 3
  • Worst League Position Ever
  • DSA-Gate
  • Poor spending of Transfer Receipts
  • £700,000 loss last season
  • Have made a loss 8 out of 10 years

Yet criticises the board on their negotiation skills.

If the board aren't good enough on negotiation, why have they been there for years?

Obviously they have been negotiating contracts for eight years, but only now they aren't good enough?

If the trust haven't got the negotiation skills, they shouldn't be in charge of the club.

How well did you do with negotiating with Guterman?

Last edited by TheRealWelshWayne; 1st November 2020 at 09.39:19..
Old 1st November 2020, 09.33:37   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Did the Xmas raffle make a profit?
Old 1st November 2020, 09.33:39   #23-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

My biggest concern is how many dangerous fools like this will be voting. The majority of Wrexham fans who want a successful football club gave up on the trust years ago, but they won't be voting.

Imagine if a small minority take this potential dream scenario away from the majority. Democratic my arse
Old 1st November 2020, 09.35:16   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWelshWayne View Post
Turned a blind eye to:
  • BirchamGate
  • TwitterGate
  • Letters-to-Fans'-EmployersGate
  • GrovesSGMgate
  • HiringofManagersGate Parts 1,2 & 3
  • Worst League Position Ever
  • DSA-Gate

Yet criticises the board on their negotiation skills.

If the board aren't good enough on negotiation, why have they been there for years?

Obviously they have been negotiating contracts for eight years, but only now they aren't good enough?
So the poster says the poor performing board should stay
Old 1st November 2020, 09.38:53   #25-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
My biggest concern is how many dangerous fools like this will be voting. The majority of Wrexham fans who want a successful football club gave up on the trust years ago, but they won't be voting.

Imagine if a small minority take this potential dream scenario away from the majority. Democratic my arse
Just reply to the argument. How do you define small minority? I'm open minded but certainly not vitriolic to the trust OR its opponents. Too much hot air on here as ever.
Old 1st November 2020, 09.41:30   #26-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Who cares what you are voting? You are going to lose
Old 1st November 2020, 09.43:56   #27-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

Since I was a kid there have been a couple of rumours going around, American intrest in the 90s was one I vaguely remember, but this deal has always been a dream of mine since I was a kid. The best time I ever had watching Wrexham was when we were in league one and owned by Pryce Griffiths. Ok we had the Wembley trips since we have been trust owned, which were days we will never forget, but the trust owned dream has now long gone. Let's face it, when the trust are paying for security guards to attend games somthing isnt right. I'm enjoying the news of people resigning from the board now, as when this deal goes through they wont be anywhere near the honorary board, which can only be a good thing. I cant wait to get our club and dream back. I can't wait to feel that joy of winning promotion once again!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.33:44.