Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st November 2020, 10.44:02   #28-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: I won't vote for the deal...as it stands.

The attitude is summed up by a Facebook post saying all Wrexham fans are Tories who will vote for the deal.

From a sporting perspective all elements needed to provide for success have been eroded, working environment is poor, non 1st team structures dismantled, lurching from 12 month to 12 month strategy, football fortunes gone, cupboard bare of sell on fees. The club needs investment to prosper again. If you want a political project then enter politics and leave the club to be a sporting focal point of the area that provides hope, entertainment and joy again.

The time for politics is over and the time for football is close by.

Vote yes to start dreaming again.
Old 1st November 2020, 10.44:08   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff49 View Post
Just reply to the argument. How do you define small minority? I'm open minded but certainly not vitriolic to the trust OR its opponents. Too much hot air on here as ever.
There are only 2108 trust members now which is a minority of the Wrexham fans base
And of that 2108 about 30 will vote against the deal
Old 1st November 2020, 10.44:33   #30-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

I just want half-decent football back. Simples.
Old 1st November 2020, 10.47:36   #31-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congy Red View Post
*Note : Please direct all outright abuse and the clever snide remarks this post will inevitably cause at ME only. This board is filled with posts that are abusive to anyone like me who loves The Trust. Its unfair that they may get more abuse because of my opinion. Thankyou.

I have no idea if anyone else holds The Trust in the high esteem that I do, but if anyone else does then take heart, you are not alone.

I suspect many supporters are wrapped up in a short moment in time where; we're doing badly on the pitch, some people will feel the current board members are serving us badly, and we have a potential investor. I would ask those supporters to remember the good times under The Trust, which will inevitably come again with patience.

Looking forward to the vote: We are being asked to vote on a very flimsy bid. We can look forward to an exciting presentation, but please remember negotiations resulted in the WST "Information Pack for WST members". This is the concrete proposal. What we hear next will be aspiration, and more worryingly, it will be statements the bidders were unwilling to have placed in the 'Information pack'.

The Information pack puts to bed an outright lie, repeatedley stated on RP. The lie being that the Club will fold without investment. The Pack states

" We are sure that if we had to continue on that basis we would be able to carry on. If the football Gods smile on us we may even achieve our objective of a return to the Football League. We should all be incredibly proud of what we have achieved over the past nine years, it is absolutely amazing."

The figures in the pack support this, please ignore misinformation on this.

The figures also put the current bid in better context, its pretty measly. Trust members put money into the club every year, it varies but I think £200,000 is a good guess. The Information pack alos estimartes that volunteers put in another £200,000 of free labour. This investment is EVERY year, and its as secure as any investment can be. So, ignoring people like me, who are MORE likely to support the club, and attend games BECAUSE it a Trust, The Trust invests £400,000 per year EVERY year. Thats a solid commitment, and the proposed DOCUMENTED commitment in comparison is £2 million ONCE (plus rent on the ground).

A fair yardstick for Clubs that have blasted their way out of this Division with money is ; a PLAYING BUDGET of £2m PER YEAR. It worked for Forest Green and Fleetwood after a few years, it failed for Fylde. But that is what's needed to be top of the financial pile.

RP posts have frequently used a 'Crystal Ball' comparison to reject the argument we don't know who comes after R&R. The argument is imcomplete. I KNOW who isn't likely to be a bidder after they have gone. It's the Trust, and why won't they bid? Firstly they probably won't have funds to rescue the club again, and more importantly the people of the Town won't fall for the assumption that other supporters had the the clubs Best Interests at heart. Why would you buy an asset for the community, to have it sold for £1 again? Why fight in the Courts? Why march? Why dig deep in your pockets?

If R&R genuinely have the Community's interest at heart they will modify their bid so The Trust has first refusal to re-purchase, at a fair price.

I will vote for their bid then. And maybe over 75% of Trust Members will too.
As much as it is sad for the club to be leaving fan ownership I'm afraid it's the WST that's to blame for this vote going through and back to private ownership.

You've had almost 9 years to make it work which is a fair crack at the whip and you've failed on almost every facet of running the club, to the point that I pulled my own personal investment 16 months ago.I'm sure I'm not alone.

Supporting a football club is about having enjoyment with the inevitable bit of pain along the way but you've turned the club into a terminal cancer patient who we've slowly watched dying over the past few years.

Who can blame us for grasping the chance of a cure.

You know you cant keep the club alive for much longer
Old 1st November 2020, 10.48:14   #32-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWelshWayne View Post
Turned a blind eye to:
  • BirchamGate
  • TwitterGate
  • Letters-to-Fans'-EmployersGate
  • GrovesSGMgate
  • HiringofManagersGate Parts 1,2 & 3
  • Worst League Position Ever
  • DSA-Gate
  • Poor spending of Transfer Receipts
  • £700,000 loss last season
  • Have made a loss 8 out of 10 years

Yet criticises the board on their negotiation skills.

If the board aren't good enough on negotiation, why have they been there for years?

Obviously they have been negotiating contracts for eight years, but only now they aren't good enough?

If the trust haven't got the negotiation skills, they shouldn't be in charge of the club.

How well did you do with negotiating with Guterman?
Forgot to add over a third of members have left the trust in the last two years!

Last edited by TheRealWelshWayne; 1st November 2020 at 10.50:21..
Old 1st November 2020, 10.50:13   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Lurking in the sewers
Twitter: @Alida Valli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase1runner View Post
I am a member and, of course, will be voting for the deal. When it goes through the first thing I will do is stop paying my standard order to the trust. It needs to be wound up as soon as possible, fund raising can then revert back to the supporter association.
I just don't get that point of view, its so short term. Of course vote for the deal if you think its best (although I'd have thought waiting to hear what the prospective buyers intend to do first might be the more prudent approach but each to his own). But surely with our history we'd be mad not to at least think about what happens when R and R move on to their next project. With any luck we will be a few leagues higher. They might sell it to responsible people with the means to run it for the right reasons. They might not. The only way the fans might influence that is through a fans body with assets to step in again. The only show in town for that would be the Trust as far as I can see. An insurance policy if you like. If members don't like the current leadership then get rid of them. Most will probably stand down anyway when the deal goes through. Ive said it before but the board should not be standing on the sidelines. It's their job to give their recommendation about the bid and be more transparent about what the future holds without a sale. If they came out and supported it then many doubters would reluctantly accept it as inevitable.
Old 1st November 2020, 10.52:59   #34-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

“If the football Gods smile on us we may even achieve our objective of a return to the Football League“

So, the Trust's plan for a return to the league is based on the divine intervention of some imaginary beings? Yep, sums it up. Give me £2m and the potential for much more thanks.

Last edited by MJ6987; 1st November 2020 at 11.04:30..
Old 1st November 2020, 10.55:49   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
My biggest concern is how many dangerous fools like this will be voting. The majority of Wrexham fans who want a successful football club gave up on the trust years ago, but they won't be voting.

Imagine if a small minority take this potential dream scenario away from the majority. Democratic my arse
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff49 View Post
Just reply to the argument. How do you define small minority? I'm open minded but certainly not vitriolic to the trust OR its opponents. Too much hot air on here as ever.
Out of the many thousands of fans we have, it will only take 500 odd to kill this great club

My worry is that out of the membership, those who are against this deal will definitely vote.
Whereas those who back the deal may take it for granted that it will be voted through and not be so driven to vote.

Nothing is guaranteed, if you are a member of the trust and you do back this deal, make sure you vote for it.

I am a trust member, I back the deal and I will be voting accordingly.
Old 1st November 2020, 10.57:52   #36-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

It would seem that the ability for the Trust to make an offer for the club should it be resold in the future ,is appealing to some !
Nothing wrong with that and it would be nice to see an element included ,but I cannot see it making any difference to the YES outcome ,personally !

And it would be nice for some detractors to read the concerns and answer in a polite way ,rather than stoop to a quick dismissive sentence (and rude in some cases)

Just saying
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.22:55.