Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st November 2020, 10.03:20   #37-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: I won't vote for the deal...as it stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
The attitude is summed up by a Facebook post saying all Wrexham fans are Tories who will vote for the deal.

From a sporting perspective all elements needed to provide for success have been eroded, working environment is poor, non 1st team structures dismantled, lurching from 12 month to 12 month strategy, football fortunes gone, cupboard bare of sell on fees. The club needs investment to prosper again. If you want a political project then enter politics and leave the club to be a sporting focal point of the area that provides hope, entertainment and joy again.

The time for politics is over and the time for football is close by.

Vote yes to start dreaming again.
There is know one more anti Tory than me but as is stated this is not politics but a love for a club I have supported for 50 years and I'm excited now as when we where champions in 1977/78 and to think that the club can get back to those heady days thrills me, come on everyone put your tick in the yes box and let's start being a successful club again, I've had enough of rubbish football which is not worth paying to see it's diabolical,never in all my years have I witnessed players who can't play a simple game.
Old 1st November 2020, 10.03:53   #38-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand lower tier [Town End]
Twitter: @Hiphiphooray

Time for the naysayers to stand aside and let the new beginning commence!
Old 1st November 2020, 10.08:06   #39-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

I’m a nodding dog/ happy clapper etc. This deal is a real chance to propel our club forward and what the poster fails to mention is IMO those that have negotiated so far believe so too. Yes we may not fold without it but we will IMO suffer a long painful death as the already tired and disaffected fan base gradually dwindle to almost nothing. I applaud the part they have played in this logical next step for the club and abhor some but not all of what has gone before. Next chapter please.
Old 1st November 2020, 10.16:56   #40-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paddock Man View Post
I just don't get that point of view, its so short term. Of course vote for the deal if you think its best (although I'd have thought waiting to hear what the prospective buyers intend to do first might be the more prudent approach but each to his own). But surely with our history we'd be mad not to at least think about what happens when R and R move on to their next project. With any luck we will be a few leagues higher. They might sell it to responsible people with the means to run it for the right reasons. They might not. The only way the fans might influence that is through a fans body with assets to step in again. The only show in town for that would be the Trust as far as I can see. An insurance policy if you like. If members don't like the current leadership then get rid of them. Most will probably stand down anyway when the deal goes through. Ive said it before but the board should not be standing on the sidelines. It's their job to give their recommendation about the bid and be more transparent about what the future holds without a sale. If they came out and supported it then many doubters would reluctantly accept it as inevitable.
There is no way in hell the WST will be able to afford to buy the club if it's a' few leagues higher'. The price in the championship would be what millions into double figures and the WST doesn't even have £1million in assets or cash. Plus would you trust them to run the club in the Championship having seen the shambles of the last 9 years. I agree with a previous poster the WST's role will be defunct once the takeover goes through. The supporters trusts can raise money for the club and have lasted a lot longer than the Trust who just alienate fans rather than encourage them to join.
Old 1st November 2020, 10.20:31   #41-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Good, you don't have to vote.

Leave that to the vast majority who want to see this club succeed, while you go and support Cefn Druids or Gresford Athletic.
Old 1st November 2020, 10.21:15   #42-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congy Red View Post
*Note : Please direct all outright abuse and the clever snide remarks this post will inevitably cause at ME only. This board is filled with posts that are abusive to anyone like me who loves The Trust. Its unfair that they may get more abuse because of my opinion. Thankyou.

I have no idea if anyone else holds The Trust in the high esteem that I do, but if anyone else does then take heart, you are not alone.

I suspect many supporters are wrapped up in a short moment in time where; we're doing badly on the pitch, some people will feel the current board members are serving us badly, and we have a potential investor. I would ask those supporters to remember the good times under The Trust, which will inevitably come again with patience.

Looking forward to the vote: We are being asked to vote on a very flimsy bid. We can look forward to an exciting presentation, but please remember negotiations resulted in the WST "Information Pack for WST members". This is the concrete proposal. What we hear next will be aspiration, and more worryingly, it will be statements the bidders were unwilling to have placed in the 'Information pack'.

The Information pack puts to bed an outright lie, repeatedley stated on RP. The lie being that the Club will fold without investment. The Pack states

" We are sure that if we had to continue on that basis we would be able to carry on. If the football Gods smile on us we may even achieve our objective of a return to the Football League. We should all be incredibly proud of what we have achieved over the past nine years, it is absolutely amazing."

The figures in the pack support this, please ignore misinformation on this.

The figures also put the current bid in better context, its pretty measly. Trust members put money into the club every year, it varies but I think £200,000 is a good guess. The Information pack alos estimartes that volunteers put in another £200,000 of free labour. This investment is EVERY year, and its as secure as any investment can be. So, ignoring people like me, who are MORE likely to support the club, and attend games BECAUSE it a Trust, The Trust invests £400,000 per year EVERY year. Thats a solid commitment, and the proposed DOCUMENTED commitment in comparison is £2 million ONCE (plus rent on the ground).

A fair yardstick for Clubs that have blasted their way out of this Division with money is ; a PLAYING BUDGET of £2m PER YEAR. It worked for Forest Green and Fleetwood after a few years, it failed for Fylde. But that is what's needed to be top of the financial pile.

RP posts have frequently used a 'Crystal Ball' comparison to reject the argument we don't know who comes after R&R. The argument is imcomplete. I KNOW who isn't likely to be a bidder after they have gone. It's the Trust, and why won't they bid? Firstly they probably won't have funds to rescue the club again, and more importantly the people of the Town won't fall for the assumption that other supporters had the the clubs Best Interests at heart. Why would you buy an asset for the community, to have it sold for £1 again? Why fight in the Courts? Why march? Why dig deep in your pockets?

If R&R genuinely have the Community's interest at heart they will modify their bid so The Trust has first refusal to re-purchase, at a fair price.

I will vote for their bid then. And maybe over 75% of Trust Members will too.
It is a big maybe for the rest of us not to vote for it? Covid has changed everything. Have always said the continuation of Wrexham FC is the bottom line for me and this bid is the only one likely to do that in the long term. It will go through. Mark Williams is right to say that the club can survive on current funds . Significantly he did not comment on too far into the future which is , after Covid, financially grim without investment.
Old 1st November 2020, 10.23:11   #43-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

I will vote for the deal as it stands - we need to sell up now and move on....
Old 1st November 2020, 10.23:38   #44-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
It is a big maybe for the rest of us not to vote for it? Covid has changed everything. Have always said the continuation of Wrexham FC is the bottom line for me and this bid is the only one likely to do that in the long term. It will go through. Mark Williams is right to say that the club can survive on current funds . Significantly he did not comment on too far into the future which is , after Covid, financially grim without investment.
He also used the word “survive” which is telling

There is a world of difference between surviving and thriving
Old 1st November 2020, 10.25:16   #45-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

There ain't no thread like a Congy Red thread.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.17:59.