Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd November 2020, 10.51:57   #28-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Think of the kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1954 View Post
BV- thanks for your response. I am sorry I should really have put it to you in a pm first. Just an idea, so when questions are asked they come across coordinated and not a mishmash of ideas. I understand and appreciate your feelings re the past, let's hope if/when this change goes through things in all departments change for the better.

I remember your walk, my son came part of the way with you, as still not recovered.
He did the small one

No one offered to help with the Porthmadoc to Bala 26 mile leg although Mark Creighton did meet me with some protein shakes!

My favourite was the Ruthin event with Glen - he was hilarious.

Those days felt like we were all in it together - Knighty, Joey, Beast, Glen, Maxi, Ritson, Rich, the Gaffer, Billy and others all chipping in to help raise the money either walking with me or giving up their evenings. Some good nights in Porthmadoc, Bala, Ruthin, Mold and at the Turf with fans coming out in good numbers.
Old 2nd November 2020, 13.10:59   #29-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

this is a good point, think of the kids, while i still vividly remember the seventies my family just have to take my word for just how good it was, last saturday during a halloween event a number of family and mates were discussing the possibility of us all purchasing season tickets, when we are allowed, in a block together, this would involve quite a number of kids as well as adults, there must be many more who want to be with their sons and daughters and grandchildren at the games making a whole family day of it, so please members dont think of just the kids think of the grandparents too, the plain fact is the way things have gone there is no way so many people would want to get season tickets prior to news of the take over, please, this must go through
Old 2nd November 2020, 14.48:05   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 138+NotOut View Post
I dream of getting a point at Crewe again
Or losing 6-1 at Gresty Road, and this being the catalyst to a superb promotion winning season

Bring back any fond memories...
Old 2nd November 2020, 15.53:41   #31-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
For anyone who still hasn’t made up their mind

Wrexham supporting kids go to school and inevitably come up against kids supporting United, Liverpool, Everton and others and let’s face it they don’t have much ammunition to banter if the best they can come up with is “yes but at least we are fans owned”

If this vote does not go through they are being robbed of the chance to dream big

Try to explain why you robbed them of their chance to walk into class 10 feet tall and tell that United supporting mate that Wrexham have Deadpool and are heading to the Premier League.

There is a chance to give the kids a dream, to re-invigorate the club, town and area. For kids football is all about what could be - don’t rob them of this chance to dream big and to walk tall

Excellent post setting out the truth to what was the death knell of a once prestigious Academy highly thought of in football circles.

I understand your sentiments having raised a significant amount of money only to find that it was not to be used for its intended purpose. An object lesson in spite and destruction of a huge part of what had been a significant contributor to the Club's fortunes in the past.

It appears to me, reading this and your previous posts, that you have received very harsh treatment by the Board and others within the Club, so much so, and with good cause,that it has totally alienated you.

This is a real shame as you obviously understand the requirements for making the CorE once more a professional enterprise and with it a significant factor in the Club going forward. I hope your experience of local and indeed national matters appertaining to youth football is not wasted on the new owners ( supposing of course that we sell to them ).
Old 2nd November 2020, 22.03:54   #32-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
He did the small one

No one offered to help with the Porthmadoc to Bala 26 mile leg although Mark Creighton did meet me with some protein shakes!

My favourite was the Ruthin event with Glen - he was hilarious.

Those days felt like we were all in it together - Knighty, Joey, Beast, Glen, Maxi, Ritson, Rich, the Gaffer, Billy and others all chipping in to help raise the money either walking with me or giving up their evenings. Some good nights in Porthmadoc, Bala, Ruthin, Mold and at the Turf with fans coming out in good numbers.
In it together...

Not been like that for a while. Miss those days.
Old 3rd November 2020, 06.33:31   #33-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: The Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jonez View Post
Or losing 6-1 at Gresty Road, and this being the catalyst to a superb promotion winning season

was at Gresty for that one all over at half time!!!
Old 4th November 2020, 08.17:20   #34-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jonez View Post

I can still picture Mickey's 'tackle', which turned out to be his last.

Because I lived in the area and they rejected me, those games against Crewe are the ones I miss the most.

I'm not really bothered about being the next Brentford or Bournemouth (not that I'd turn it down), but boy do I miss the games against The Alex, The Vale, The tractor boys. How any sane Wrexham fan can't is a bit odd.
Old 4th November 2020, 09.04:23   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I can still picture Mickey's 'tackle', which turned out to be his last.

Because I lived in the area and they rejected me, those games against Crewe are the ones I miss the most.

I'm not really bothered about being the next Brentford or Bournemouth (not that I'd turn it down), but boy do I miss the games against The Alex, The Vale, The tractor boys. How any sane Wrexham fan can't is a bit odd.
I do miss the walk up that hill to Vales ground. Imagine the away days if we could get back into the EFL and time it just right so that it's after a covid vaccine is found and we can all get back to normal...its been so long that every away day will seem like a place you've never been to.
Old 4th November 2020, 11.38:10   #36-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

My father in law is a Vale fan so banter was always flying around. I remember we went to watch Wrexham play Vale and i had no choice but to sit in the home stand.

We won 2-0 if i recall correctly (i think Llewelyn might have scored) and it was so hard not to celebrate the goals!

It wasn't helped by my Father in Law constantly saying louder than he needed to "Wrexham are playing well today, you must be happy"!!
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.50:41.