Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd November 2020, 13.33:29   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Still thinking of voting NO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Pathetic View Post
To the question "Will the club survive if the takeover is rejected?"
The truthful answer is Yes, but the wrong question has been asked. The question to be asked is:

Will the club survive as a fulltime club in the National League if the takeover is rejected?
To which the answer has to be No. It may well survive as a part time club in the National League North or more likely as a member of the WPL.

Not a prospect to be considered.

I believe the bits below from the info pack highlight some subtle messaging...and kind of answer this question already. I might be reaching, but I think it's a fairly bleak picture long term

- One of our key revenue streams has shrunk by 30%

Members’ contributions are an important part of the Trust revenue stream. Last year we had
3,462 members. At the time of writing the total is 2,262 which includes Junior and Youth
Memberships who are not eligible to vote at the ballot.

- we are not above distorting the true chain of events regarding our survival in 2011 to take credit for efforts of all fans whether WST members or not

"We the supporters of Wrexham Football Club acquired the club on 30th November 2011, had we not completed the deal at that point the club would have probably gone back into administration or even into liquidation within days. A few months before that we had raised £250,000 in two days for a bond to give to the then Conference in order to be allowed to compete in the 2011-12 season."

- actually, extra money of the level we are talking about even with the initial 2m injection might help us to be more competitive... But we will avoid mentioning a series of poor decisions on management appointments being to blame for performance despite having one of the biggest budgets in the league

"Often we have struggled to compete, as we believe we should, at the top of the table but occasionally we have been very nearly good enough. Usually only thwarted by teams with less fans but more money than us and our number one objective of a return to the English Football League continues to allude us. See the table
Figure 1 at the end of this section with our full end of season results under WST ownership."

- we do not have any resilience. The dwindling support of a membership which continues to shrink is crippling... A lack of a plan B potentially weakens our position if we turn this bid down now to run out of money later

"We have operated on a model of financial prudence, we have no choice, there is no plan B if we run out of cash. We are all extremely grateful to the volunteers give up huge chunks of their lives to run the club. "

- promotion should be regarded as a bonus, it is not our primary aim under current model. We are reliant on the "football gods" to achieve anything more.

"Acknowledging the additional risks introduced into our go forward position by the Covid-19 pandemic, as Mark Williams the Financial Director’s summary of the present and projected financial position shows in Section 3 we will almost certainly survive and be able to continue as we have done"
Old 3rd November 2020, 13.33:54   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOMac View Post
I think I should get to eat it, maybe we could push R&R for loads of peppercorns and we all get one?
Peppercorn are get one in?
Old 3rd November 2020, 13.48:00   #30-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Well said, and very well put.
This is how i feel.

This needs to be out there on social media...
Yeo, along with a copy of the p and l report that was recently done.

Well.done Wrexham0, and thanks.
Old 3rd November 2020, 14.00:51   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Not far from draigwrecsam but not too close.

-luke

Certainly there is much to be read between the lines of the Pack's Q & A, but my comment was and is addressed to those who have taken these answers at face value. It is the level of survival or continuance that is in question.

Last edited by Hamilton Pathetic; 3rd November 2020 at 14.04:02..
Old 3rd November 2020, 14.03:03   #32-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Lurking in the sewers
Twitter: @Alida Valli

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWREX View Post
In principle I’m all for wst but I’ve been saying from the beginning that unqualified footballing decisions will cost us.
Serious question. Who do you think is qualified to make football decisions? There’s no mythical cohort of football decision makers out there who are qualified to get it right. Our board have made one obvious howler on the managerial front. The rest were at least debatable. Barrow got promoted after taking a risk with a rookie manager and Harrogate's owner appointed his own son. Be interesting to see who the new guys bring in. And who amongst them is qualified to spot a bound to be successful non league manager.
Old 3rd November 2020, 14.07:28   #33-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
That's all well and good, but R&R are only paying us a peppercorn for our marvellous history...A PEPPERCORN! They could at least throw in a grain of salt as well
I think the way we are playing atm this could be reduced to half a peppercorn
Old 3rd November 2020, 14.16:52   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
Get your post on that fans United Facebook page
Better not, some on there don’t like reasoning or humour!
Old 3rd November 2020, 14.21:43   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Pathetic View Post
-luke

Certainly there is much to be read between the lines of the Pack's Q & A, but my comment was and is addressed to those who have taken these answers at face value. It is the level of survival or continuance that is in question.
I think survival is possible

I think continuance at this level or lower is the expectation that all fans should have if deal doesn't get through. The numbers just don't support growth.
Old 3rd November 2020, 14.34:30   #36-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info)

Racecourse Spot: paddock

This is also without paying off Keates and assistant. No way can we financially afford to. We’re all fed up with the style of football and how players seem to get worse here. The quicker we can get a decent manager in the better.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.24:31.