RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Still thinking of voting NO? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116483-still-thinking-voting-no.html)

WrexhamO 3rd November 2020 10.37:41

Still thinking of voting NO?

Feel confident the WST can curry on and deliver the future?

WAFC LOST £745,695 in the year just ended.

Losses for this season/year are estimated at £346,025.

Losses for next year are estimated at £307,670.

WST Has reserves of just £232,000 and only expects it to grow by £48,000 a year over the next two years so a total of £328,000....
This means that £653,695 losses are expected to be covered by £328,000.

We have a shortfall of £325,695 under continued WST ownership, according to their figures.

But that's not all.

The Groves project has been "parked". In order for us to have a training ground we'll need to find somewhere to rent - or stump up another £100,000 plus that WST say was the minimum spend to get started in The Groves.
And we have signed Heads Of Terms there, can we just walk away?

WST's income figures for the current season include provision for fans being allowed in from January, a prospect looking ever more unlikely.
WST's income from streaming is based on continuing to get 2800 people watching each home game, based on game one.
WST's projected income of £48,000 a year, which must come from memberships, raffles etc would also seem unlikely if the takeover fails.

The government grant has been included in the figures I quoted above.

Far from questioning what the future under R & R might look line, we may be better to find out what the future under our own ownership does?

Because for me it looks seriously grim.

Ooh aah Paskin 3rd November 2020 10.43:38

Re: Still thinking of voting NO?

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2403859]Feel confident the WST can curry on and deliver the future?

WST Has reserves of just £232,000 and only expects it to grow by £48,000 a year over the next two years so a total of £328,000....

We have a shortfall of £325,695 under continued WST ownership, according to their figures.

But that's not all.

The Groves project has been "parked". In order for us to have a training ground we'll need to find somewhere to rent - or stump up another £100,000 plus that WST say was the minimum spend to get started in The Groves.

WST's income figures for the current season include provision for fans being allowed in from January, a prospect looking ever more unlikely.
WST's income from streaming is based on continuing to get 2800 people watching each home game, based on game one.
WST's projected income of £48,000 a year, which must come from memberships, raffles etc would also seem unlikely if the takeover fails.

Far from questioning what the future under R & R might look line, we may be better to find out what the future under our own ownership does?

Because for me it looks seriously grim.[/QUOTE]

Well said, and very well put.
This is how i feel.

This needs to be out there on social media...

DenbighRed 3rd November 2020 10.45:13

Nicely set-out overview of the gravity of the financial situation we find ourselves in.

Also factor in to that we've got three incompetents running the football side of things at the moment and on those figures it's almost impossible to see how we could afford to pay them off.

The different trajectories this club will take if we vote for or against this takeover are stark.

bowler 3rd November 2020 10.53:18

Well any supporter looking at your figures and projection, can't have had a more stark reality, it's make, or break time. Thanks for your post only one option vote Yes or we are heading for oblivion.

John Neals Dynasty 3rd November 2020 10.57:09

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2403859]Feel confident the WST can curry on and deliver the future?

But that's not all.

Because for me it looks seriously grim.[/QUOTE]

Excellent post exposing the stupidity of those listening to L J and his cronies.. And the demented happy clappers from that deluded fans united group who intend to vote no.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Cartman 3rd November 2020 11.03:59

Agree get this up on Wrexham Fans United mate

short_gog 3rd November 2020 11.04:01

for transparency aren't a significant amount of those losses covered by Government Grant though ?

Although it seems we are not happy with our allocation, i must admit if there has been anything on this on here I missed it !

[url]https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/31639/eleven-national-league-clubs-call-for-funding-allocation-review/[/url]

tokyored 3rd November 2020 11.06:45

[QUOTE=short_gog;2403876]for transparency aren't a significant amount of those losses covered by Government Grant though ?

Although it seems we are not happy with our allocation, i must admit if there has been anything on this on here I missed it !

[url]https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/31639/eleven-national-league-clubs-call-for-funding-allocation-review/[/url][/QUOTE]

The latest projections include the 285k we'll get.
They also assume we'll have fans back in the ground by January!!

bowler 3rd November 2020 11.09:39

The government grant is not forever and when it stops basically we are skint.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.17:03.