RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Season Ticket Refund update (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116488-season-ticket-refund-update.html)

-luke 4th November 2020 13.19:25

Season Ticket Refund update

Posted to social media channels (pasted link and story as sometimes website slow to load)

[url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/update-season-ticket-and-match-ticket-refunds[/url]

Wrexham AFC would like to issue the following update regarding season ticket and individual match ticket refunds.

First, we would like to thank all fans for their patience as the club continued to deal with the uncertainty caused by the ongoing pandemic.

Season ticket refunds
All season ticket refunds will be posted this week, and the club can confirm we received a total of 450 requests for refunds, totalling £22,550.

We would like to thank the 1,111 supporters who chose to donate their refund, which added up to £53,628 in total, of which five per cent (£2,681.40) will be donated to Nightingale House Hospice and Awyr Las.

A further 758 supporters did not inform us of their decision, totalling £28,246. As explained when the process for claiming a refund was outlined, the club is unable to treat an unclaimed refund as a donation, and carries liability on that amount for six years.

Wrexham AFC would like to apologise for the delay in issuing the refunds, which was caused by the uncertainty regarding admitting crowds at the start of this season.

In the initial budgets presented at the AGM in August, we based our projections on being able to issue ten-match tickets in September but this was ultimately not possible.

Furthermore, we were unable to provide a streaming service – currently a key income source for the club – for our home match against Maidenhead United, due to this being televised by BT Sport; our home game against Sutton was postponed too.

However, we are in now in receipt of the National Lottery funding, which we are extremely grateful for, and which gives us some certainty of cash flow.

Match ticket refunds
As a result, we are now processing the refunds for the following events and/or matches where the ticket was purchased against a registered account.

We did attempt to process these refunds by card but, due to moving to the new ticketing system, this option was not available to us.

In summary, the following refunds are being processed:

Wales v Austria Coach £124
Wales v USA Coach £42
Away travel to Barrow AFC £598
Wales U21 v Estonia U21 £59
Wrexham AFC v Torquay United FC £2,067
Wrexham AFC v Borehamwood FC £322
Wexham AFC v Dover Athletic FC £4
Wrexham AFC v Hartlepool United FC £19
Wrexham AFC v Notts County FC £94
Hospitality v Torquay United FC £295
Hospitality v Boreham Wood FC £576
Hospitality v Dover Athletic FC £345
Hospitality v Hartlepool United FC £1,183
Hospitality v Notts County FC £601
If you purchased your match ticket by cash, then you can return your match ticket to the Ticket Office using this form that we will use to issue a cheque refund.

Barrow (away) match tickets
The process for Barrow away tickets, for the postponed match on Saturday March 14, will be slightly different as we will require your original match ticket back.

This is because not all tickets have been assigned to a supporter, which – had that been the case – would have allowed us to automatically issue a refund.

We have therefore created a form for supporters to complete in order to claim their refund. Please follow this link to the form to claim your refund, which must be posted back to the club with the original match ticket.

tokyored 4th November 2020 13.41:07

Re: Season Ticket Refund update

Quite incredible that 758 people couldn't work out what to do. Does make me worry they'll somehow misunderstand or not bother with the vote next week.

dragon1054 4th November 2020 13.59:49

[QUOTE=tokyored;2404168]Quite incredible that 758 people couldn't work out what to do. Does make me worry they'll somehow misunderstand or not bother with the vote next week.[/QUOTE]

How many of the 758 are possible Covid-19 victims?

andy buckley 4th November 2020 14.00:48

[QUOTE=tokyored;2404168]Quite incredible that 758 people couldn't work out what to do. Does make me worry they'll somehow misunderstand or not bother with the vote next week.[/QUOTE]

More likely they didn't get the email from the club asking for their preference (see various other threads complaining about no communications!!)

-luke 4th November 2020 14.01:40

Interesting that this confirms without the lottery cash we couldn't afford to issue the refunds as seemingly confirmed by this update

Jaded 4th November 2020 14.02:07

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2404170]More likely they didn't get the email from the club asking for their preference (see various other threads complaining about no communications!!)[/QUOTE]

This seems significantly more likely to me too!

Chunk 4th November 2020 14.12:50

I'm 1 of the 758, I usually get communications so I assumed I'd get some sort of follow up email

thedischunter96 4th November 2020 14.29:17

They took their time!

FatLesthepieman 4th November 2020 14.47:51

Tidying the books ready for the new regime I hope.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.27:56.