Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th November 2020, 17.33:07   #19-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Am I worthy?

Typically I disagree with 95% of people on here but would never accuse someone of not being a Wrexham fan just because they take a different view to my own. The reason why we disagree so vehemently is precisely because we’re all Wrexham fans.
Old 5th November 2020, 18.39:19   #20-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Anyone without any concerns or reservations about R&R is clearly naïve but most fans do not appear daft enough to consider the WST "worthy" of continued ownership.

This offer has to be worth a punt unless something material and significant against the dynamic duo comes to light in the next few days.
Old 5th November 2020, 19.13:47   #21-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
Anyone without any concerns or reservations about R&R is clearly naïve but most fans do not appear daft enough to consider the WST "worthy" of continued ownership.

This offer has to be worth a punt unless something material and significant against the dynamic duo comes to light in the next few days.
A punt for god's sake we should be begging the 2Rs to take us over, otherwise no fans, no Wrexham FC. Oblivion, get used to the WPL cos that's where we'd eventually end up. Racecourse probably sold and sharing the Queensway with the Rugby.
Old 5th November 2020, 19.35:02   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @??????

I think the fact that the board have accepted the initial approach, offered it to the membership and gone to a vote without dissent leads to them recommending the offer. I would suspect that they have already seen the 'vision' and the figures, which is why it has got this far. It is now up to us rank and file to take it over the line, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Old 5th November 2020, 19.58:48   #23-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOMac View Post
This. I am neither fanatically pro fans ownership nor fanatically anti fans ownership.
I am pro Wrexham AFC.

I am a member of the WST (and WINS before that) but have never wanted to be involved in the running of it and believe (maybe naively) that the WST have had the clubs best interests at heart and have simply made some bad choices, some of which seem very obvious given hindsight.

I am a yes vote for the R&R proposal - it would take discovering something really bad about it to have me vote otherwise - as in my opinion it offers the club a greater potential for success.
Good post. Exactly where I'm at.
Old 5th November 2020, 20.02:06   #24-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
None taken bigJ. I maybe should have worded it differently.
I am however curious as to what would make someone vote NO especially as SH alluded to the Board being behind the deal, i.e. in favour.
I would word it as the people who want what's best for Wrexham football club and ones who want what's best for the Wrexham Supporters trust. It's that simple.
Old 6th November 2020, 08.53:33   #25-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
I would word it as the people who want what's best for Wrexham football club and ones who want what's best for the Wrexham Supporters trust. It's that simple.
I think the difference is about how far ahead people think. In the short term this deal appears to makes sense and I understand why so many are enthusiastic about it. In the mid to long term the big question is who will R & R sell the club to if they get bored or decide they have spent enough money without things going as well as they thought.

The vast majority do not think about the long term and I fully understand why.

We get a say about this deal but we will get no say in any future deal. I am afraid there is no answer to this problem given the current proposal means that R and R will have 100% control over the club if the deal goes through.

For clarity I think there is zero chance of the deal not getting the 75% support it requires.

Last edited by KM Red; 6th November 2020 at 08.55:00..
Old 6th November 2020, 09.10:34   #26-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM Red View Post
I think the difference is about how far ahead people think. In the short term this deal appears to makes sense and I understand why so many are enthusiastic about it. In the mid to long term the big question is who will R & R sell the club to if they get bored or decide they have spent enough money without things going as well as they thought.

The vast majority do not think about the long term and I fully understand why.

We get a say about this deal but we will get no say in any future deal. I am afraid there is no answer to this problem given the current proposal means that R and R will have 100% control over the club if the deal goes through.

For clarity I think there is zero chance of the deal not getting the 75% support it requires.
You're so wrong. Without this takeover this is no long term so everything else you've said here is irrelevant and just pure scaremongering.

The money is dwindling at an alarming rate (even with the recent support) and whilst short term the club may survive another few seasons (at best) the WST ownership is basically a dead man walking.
This is without taking into consideration that if this takeover collapses then the WST will have to fund the inevitable sacking of the current manager and staff and financing the replacements plus the new players the new manager will without doubt need. And that's assuming these decisions are made with any application of sanity and logic which lets be honest is highly unlikely. Plus throw in the fact that an already depleted membership will plummet further because a lot of fans will walk away on the back of a failed takeover then its the biggest no brainer ever. Staying as we are isn't even a gamble its suicide.

To suggest anything else is just a pipe dream and ignoring reality.

The only thing I agree with is that I too think that the deal will be voted through as there aren't enough people left who place fan ownership above everything else.
Even some of those who were severely brain washed seem to have had their minds concentrated and have seen the light.
Old 6th November 2020, 09.56:10   #27-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Phil has hit the nail on the head once again!
We need you back full time..

As for Long term, i do think long term. I believe that however long R & R are behind us we will be left in a better state than we are currently. Whether that is 2 years, 5, 10....

I also think that due to their respective statuses they are unlikely to throw us to the wolves upon completion of their tenure. How would that look? We rescued this club, down on its knees, built it up, gave it some pride back, got it back in the league (hopefully!) but now we are selling it to people who wish to build a B & Q.

I think the naysayers need to give them more credit, they aren't fly by night shysters. They do have a successful and long history of investing...
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.56:04.