RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   TV Documentary/Series (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116531-tv-documentary-series.html)

Alan Attack 9th November 2020 09.17:58

TV Documentary/Series

This subject was brushed upon last night by R&R. I think Reynolds said "absolutely, why wouldn't we".

I therefore feel this is the key motivation behind R&R purchasing the club as Wrexham AFC provides the narrative and their full ownership of the club allows them to do what they likes as opposed to running matters via the WST. Producers will need to make decisions quickly.

I am not sure how many have watched "Last Chance U" on Netflix. It's a great series focusing on life with 2nd tier college American Football Teams. The actual universities aren't the main story but the players, coaches, teachers, fans are. Watching it, you do want the team to do well.

If it is linked to a TV series, I would guess one of the big TV companies will be involved; the likes of HBO, Netflix, Apple etc. Otherwise, why would R&R be interested. Similar to the Sunderland one but they're the ones making the big decisions.

The two other stars will be the CEO they appoint. He/She will need to be flamboyant and good in front of a camera. Secondly, they'll need a manager who's a bit more charismatic (and coherent) than Dean Keates!

For what it's worth, I have voted FOR the takeover.

Birdy 9th November 2020 09.23:08

Re: TV Documentary/Series

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2406040]This subject was brushed upon last night by R&R. I think Reynolds said "absolutely, why wouldn't we".

I therefore feel this is the key motivation behind R&R purchasing the club as Wrexham AFC provides the narrative and their full ownership of the club allows them to do what they likes as opposed to running matters via the WST. Producers will need to make decisions quickly.

I am not sure how many have watched "Last Chance U" on Netflix. It's a great series focusing on life with 2nd tier college American Football Teams. The actual universities aren't the main story but the players, coaches, teachers, fans are. Watching it, you do want the team to do well.

If it is linked to a TV series, I would guess one of the big TV companies will be involved; the likes of HBO, Netflix, Apple etc. Otherwise, why would R&R be interested. Similar to the Sunderland one but they're the ones making the big decisions.

The two other stars will be the CEO they appoint. He/She will need to be flamboyant and good in front of a camera. Secondly, they'll need a manager who's a bit more charismatic (and coherent) than Dean Keates!

For what it's worth, I have voted FOR the takeover.[/QUOTE]

It's very savvy thinking of their part. No takeover in the history of football will be like ours. People will be a lot more receptive to R&R taking over as they are well known all over the world rather than some oil sheik that you have never heard of. In addition to people watching the new series of us will mean we will gain alot more fans via that too!

Sean Reckless 9th November 2020 09.28:08

You could see the camera crew frequently on the call in Rob's screen last night

benwilliams 9th November 2020 09.29:26

Welcome back Alan!

Back of the Kop 9th November 2020 09.32:16

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2406040]This subject was brushed upon last night by R&R. I think Reynolds said "absolutely, why wouldn't we".

For what it's worth, I have voted FOR the takeover.[/QUOTE]

This is going to be a rollercoaster for sure but I've just climbed on and buckled up tightly

louisleftboot 9th November 2020 09.36:30

Good to see you back AA. Last Chance U is great documentary series, worth a watch if you’re interested in the type of thing that could be done.

138+NotOut 9th November 2020 09.38:49

Any idea what it'll be called?

Cenotaff 9th November 2020 09.40:29

Wrexcuing the TownŠ™

Wyn 9th November 2020 09.46:01

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2406068]Any idea what it'll be called?[/QUOTE]

Wrexham is the Name , Rob even used the phrase in his closing comments

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.55:04.