Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th November 2020, 14.42:01   #19-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand lower tier [Town End]
Twitter: @Hiphiphooray

Default Re: The Football Side of Things Under New Ownership

I don't know why people are skirting around the key issue....Keates, Davies and Darlington have got to be removed and replaced with the management team to take us forward asap, if we are to have any chance of retrieving this season, let alone achieve our future masterplan. Its not our fault they are in this precarious position its theirs, they only have themselves to blame....its down to their failure to produce and manage a team capable of being promoted from this league despite being given every assistance to do so...period. There has to be an immediate clear out to herald the start of the new regime, having these muppets still in the dug out just wont wash or work. Immediate action will show everyone including the competition that the new owners mean business!

Last edited by willyheckerslike; 11th November 2020 at 14.43:30..
Old 11th November 2020, 14.46:14   #20-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

I was thinking about this during a work meeting this morning. What would I spend the £2m on? Obviously the CEO will come out of that money, I would then improve the commercial infrastructure (what is the point of getting all this attention if people can’t buy the Merch, for example). Then invest on the pitch to instigate success (although I don’t think we will see a huge amount being thrown into this straight away).
Promotion obviously means extra ££ that can then be invested in the team and also club structure, with a Centre of Excellence/Youths set up/Scouting networks being top priorities.

If I was R&R I would be looking at Brentford as an example of a club that has had investment but it also making enough money to be sustainable. If we can get to that level then without doubt they will have been successful.
Old 11th November 2020, 14.48:13   #21-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
And..........3PM to be one of the consultation group. (Honorary)
I hope this was said tongue in cheek.
Old 11th November 2020, 14.50:56   #22-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
And..........3PM to be one of the consultation group. (Honorary)

Need to have a fresh approach.

Also -
Will the RP community be considered as a fans group to be represented ???

onwards and upwards !!!
Ha, thats is the last thing we need I havent got a clue about footy. My thoughts on a DoF have been wheeled out too regularly, lets hope we get somebody at the club who knows the game and whats required for success.
Old 11th November 2020, 14.51:39   #23-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I hope this was said tongue in cheek.
Thats certainly how it was taken
Old 11th November 2020, 15.41:50   #24-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
Thats certainly how it was taken
Deadly serious. Its a fans group, a sounding board, some say just a sop to the fans but clubs do use them to gauge the feelings of the fan base. You dont have to know about putting the ball in the net to contribute.

Last edited by Inside Left; 11th November 2020 at 15.44:38..
Old 11th November 2020, 16.16:07   #25-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Deadly serious. Its a fans group, a sounding board, some say just a sop to the fans but clubs do use them to gauge the feelings of the fan base. You dont have to know about putting the ball in the net to contribute.
A sounding board for what? Fans should just be that, fans and I include myself in that. If we haven't learnt that yet we never will.

Get football experts in to run the club (as I'm sure they will) like a chief exec and possibly a director of football and make them accountable like most sane clubs and businesses do. That's what 3PM has been calling for and he's right.

The fans had their chance and blew it and I don't want the WST anywhere near any decision making whatsoever as they've proved time and time again how incompetent and utterly useless they are.
In fact if I had my way the WST would be wound up never to be seen from or heard again because they have become poisonous, vindictive, out of control and generally dangerous for the club.
Old 11th November 2020, 17.18:38   #26-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Short term aim is promotion from this league, either this season or next but ideally this time around.

Medium term, we should aim to be a League One side within 5 years.

Longer term, establish ourselves as a good League One club and at the least, challenge for a spot in the Championship quite regularly. This, along with establishing a good youth set up, training facilities and an increase in attendances to over 7500 week in week out. I think we can achieve more with the right exposure which will come with the takeover but this would be a realistic goal.
Old 11th November 2020, 17.22:30   #27-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
Short term aim is promotion from this league, either this season or next but ideally this time around.

Medium term, we should aim to be a League One side within 5 years.

Longer term, establish ourselves as a good League One club and at the least, challenge for a spot in the Championship quite regularly. This, along with establishing a good youth set up, training facilities and an increase in attendances to over 7500 week in week out. I think we can achieve more with the right exposure which will come with the takeover but this would be a realistic goal.
Think the attendance goal is a good one. I dont know what 7500 means in terms of income but think more needed for Championship but that would be decent for League 1 I reckon.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.37:55.