Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th November 2020, 15.35:06   #28-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale Paddock
Twitter: @

Default Re: Vote no

I have to say I had some thoughts about the third motion when I actually read them

The first is a legal nicety to make the second possible, the second is the deal itself. No problem, yes and yes

The third is to allow the Directors of the Trust to go ahead with it. Again no problem, but it also abrogates them from ever having to consult the members, so basically at that point we have signed over all our rights to them

I have never heard Spencer before but took quite a dislike to the way he spoke. He came over as arrogant and bumptious, and answered nearly all the questions himself, rarely referring to the rest of the Board who seemed to be there more out of decoration than to take part in the discussion. If that is the way their meetings are normally conducted then he will steamroller through whatever he wants and will not be obliged to consult the members.

I did vote yes to that one as well, but not until after the above thoughts. What does everyome else think?
Old 14th November 2020, 15.49:02   #29-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan in Ukraine View Post
I have to say I had some thoughts about the third motion when I actually read them

The first is a legal nicety to make the second possible, the second is the deal itself. No problem, yes and yes

The third is to allow the Directors of the Trust to go ahead with it. Again no problem, but it also abrogates them from ever having to consult the members, so basically at that point we have signed over all our rights to them

I have never heard Spencer before but took quite a dislike to the way he spoke. He came over as arrogant and bumptious, and answered nearly all the questions himself, rarely referring to the rest of the Board who seemed to be there more out of decoration than to take part in the discussion. If that is the way their meetings are normally conducted then he will steamroller through whatever he wants and will not be obliged to consult the members.

I did vote yes to that one as well, but not until after the above thoughts. What does everyome else think?
I think you'll find that Spencer is more than often asked to respond to questions as he has a more intimate knowledge of the club affairs. Sometimes he appears to be the sacrificial lamb.
Old 14th November 2020, 15.53:30   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I have never heard Spencer before but took quite a dislike to the way he spoke. He came over as arrogant and bumptious, and answered nearly all the questions himself, rarely referring to the rest of the Board who seemed to be there more out of decoration than to take part in the discussion.
Thats the way they like it. Let Spencer spearhead anything and everything whilst they hide in the shadows and watch all the flack go in Spencer's direction.
Old 14th November 2020, 15.56:36   #31-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale Paddock

I hadn't thought of it that way - hope all goes OK on Monday then
Old 14th November 2020, 17.56:28   #32-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
11) you like the idea of non-league football
This has nothing to do with me voting no, by the way I have voted most definitely yes and agree we will really struggle without this deal. But wanted to give anyone a chance to put their no views across without being ridiculed or shot down the list above were some examples of why the may vote that way and offer some equal democracy without out feeling pressured or intimidated not to speak as a democratic trust all voices should and opinions should be heard
Old 14th November 2020, 18.05:44   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Anyone who votes no are part of the problem of the last 8 years, nothing more and nothing less.

I cannot wait for this nightmare to be over, I NEVER WANT fan ownership again in my life time.

It served it’s purpose and it has destroyed the football club at the same time.
Old 14th November 2020, 18.09:41   #34-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
I think you'll find that Spencer is more than often asked to respond to questions as he has a more intimate knowledge of the club affairs. Sometimes he appears to be the sacrificial lamb.
Intimate knowledge like one of two directors, Gavin Jones, not even being aware that huge sums of money were coming in and out of the club despite needing to be signed off on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisy1 View Post
Thats the way they like it. Let Spencer spearhead anything and everything whilst they hide in the shadows and watch all the flack go in Spencer's direction.
Exactly this. I'm one of Spencers biggest critics but at least he answers questions and doesn't hide away
Old 14th November 2020, 18.18:09   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
I

Some of the board are happy to take the flak, but he enjoys playing Mr Chairman. You've got him in one.

I wonder if he'll ever admit that he knew Barrow was resigning prior to the meet the manager event, evidence exists.
Old 14th November 2020, 18.47:50   #36-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
Anyone who votes no are part of the problem of the last 8 years, nothing more and nothing less.

I cannot wait for this nightmare to be over, I NEVER WANT fan ownership again in my life time.

It served it’s purpose and it has destroyed the football club at the same time.
You could argue those supporters who are not members of the Trust are part of the problem too. If you were staunch anti-Trust ownership, you’d be a member so you have the opportunity to vote them out when the situation arises.

Otherwise, you’re sitting on the sidelines hoping and praying others will make a decision for you. If you say you’re not giving them a penny of your money then fair enough but I’m afraid you too are part of the problem and do not completely understand the process and mechanism for removing the Trust.

If this comes off, those 75%+ supporters who voted to sell should be thanked by supporters who’ve chosen not to be Trust members and want change. Will never happen!
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.52:04.