Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th November 2020, 10.11:13   #19-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Twitter: @

Default Re: A brave new dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Nope. If you don’t believe in Trust ownership then you wouldn’t be a member in any case. They also didn’t let new members join after it was revealed who it was.
Posted via mobile theme
If the result is not the desired one, I’d imagine something will happen.

Maybe a surge of new members. Changing the 75% rule.

The Trust will continue to run the club be it at this level or ones below until it’s voted out by its members.
Old 15th November 2020, 10.17:00   #20-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Town End

APJ is spot on. The majority of the teams each season in this league while we have been down here have been part time. A full time professional club like Wrexham with average crowds of over 4k really should have got promoted during the past twelve years. What R & R will bring is a new direction and strategy which will improve the matchday experience for all of us and bring back the feelgood factor. God knows we deserve it. Granted , there's no guarantee of success but you only have to look at the last three manager appointments to see that the present model is not fit for purpose. We will only go backwards unless this unbelievable opportunity is taken.
Old 15th November 2020, 10.32:49   #21-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamrob View Post
I’ve voted for, as I believe in the dream. Yes I have concerns and my question regarding what happens if when they lose interest. They’ve said fans will be involved. I’m not naive to believe we will have the club back for a couple peppercorns, but let’s see what this ride takes us. I find RP posters views as usual interesting , 4 play offs and 3 Wembley finals in fans ownership is failure, but 5 promotions in 140 years of private ownership is not failure. We can all see that each season 1 or 2 clubs in our division are successful, all others fail. Success is never guaranteed . Fans ownership has helped our club survive and just missed out, reminding us miss , or 1 win v Orient. I think the vote will be overwhelming in favour, and WST has done a valuable job over the years in making our club a valuable asset.
Good post, bringing a bit of balance to anti-trust hysteria.

Anything short of the play offs is a failure for a club like Wxm, but let's not carried away that we were great before fan ownership or even had more ups than downs. Yes we had a great time in the late 70s punching above our weight, success that had been building for a decade very much assisted with the advantage over similar clubs of Welsh Cup entry into Europe. Once we reached the promised land of the old second division we were pretty average, followed by 2 successive relegations and 10 years in the lower regions in division 4. We entered the 90s with record low gates, until the amazing win against Arsenal with a few veterans and kids, helped Flynn turn things around and the club achieve further success through the 90s but we never looked like emulating the 77/78/79/80 years. Eventually under private ownership we lost our FL status as well the Racecourse & training ground and without the Trust/fans the club would have died.

As you can see I'm a fan ownership as I can't recall over the last 50 odd years the number of times we thought we were going forward, only to be hit with the news the club was bust (even early 70s) so now for the first time, we have the prospect of being classed as a wealthy club and for the first time ever we can recruit and keep the better players.

If fans truly love the club, vote for the deal and enjoy the ride but also join the Trust as an insurance policy going forward. If people cant bring themselves to join the Trust then at least stop the anti-rhetoric and let's try and unite behind R&R.

Last edited by davewilli; 15th November 2020 at 10.34:46..
Old 15th November 2020, 10.37:22   #22-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Good post, bringing a bit of balance to anti-trust hysteria.

Anything short of the play offs is a failure for a club like Wxm, but let's not carried away that we were great before fan ownership or even had more ups than downs. Yes we had a great time in the late 70s punching above our weight, success that had been building for a decade very much assisted with the advantage over similar clubs of Welsh Cup entry into Europe. Once we reached the promised land of the old second division we were pretty average, followed by 2 successive relegations and 10 years in the lower regions in division 4. We entered the 90s with record low gates, until the amazing win against Arsenal with a few veterans and kids, helped Flynn turn things around and the club achieve further success through the 90s but we never looked like emulating the 77/78/79/80 years. Eventually under private ownership we lost our FL status as well the Racecourse & training ground and without the Trust/fans the club would have died.

As you can see I'm a fan ownership as I can't recall over the last 50 odd years the number of times we thought we were going forward, only to be hit with the news the club was bust (even early 70s) so now for the first time, we have the prospect of being classed as a wealthy club and for the first time ever we can recruit and keep the better players.

If fans truly love the club, vote for the deal and enjoy the ride but also join the Trust as an insurance policy going forward. If people cant bring themselves to join the Trust then at least stop the anti-rhetoric and let's try and unite behind R&R.
If the deal does go through it gives WST time and space to get their house in order.

Maybe then people can have faith in them again?
Old 15th November 2020, 10.39:57   #23-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Nope. If you don’t believe in Trust ownership then you wouldn’t be a member in any case. They also didn’t let new members join after it was revealed who it was.
Posted via mobile theme
Perhaps it was the purchasers elect that wanted to stop new membership
Old 15th November 2020, 13.13:13   #24-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: ON A SEAT

Not just the money they wll put in, but more importantly I do truly think that R&R will be good ambassadors for the club.
Old 15th November 2020, 15.13:35   #25-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

As one of the older fan's. This has nothing to do with the past. This is our future, so, get them yes votes in.
Old 15th November 2020, 15.31:16   #26-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz Wxm View Post
couple of cup finals at Wembley
Yes it sums up the last 8 years losing to a village team at Wembley
Old 15th November 2020, 15.44:49   #27-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamrob View Post
Fan since 1968. MrHightownBrymbo I have enjoyed the journey since then in different ways ! My point is success is never guaranteed, with only 5 promotions in that time- yes very enjoyable. Whether the lowest position since 1920 was ALL WST is like saying our promotion of 78 was all PryceGriffiths.
Anyway time to move on . We are all Wrexham fans . Have a great day zero HightownBrymboRed
Last seasons lowest postion is down to the wst,the board gave Hughes and Keates the managers jobs or should I say used them as puppets,the worst football our club has ever played and we still averaged more than 4500 fans.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.47:44.