RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   New CEO (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116587-new-ceo.html)

Rob Edwards 20th November 2020 21.22:21

Re: New CEO

[QUOTE=jarko;2408803]Now that would top it all off wouldn't it :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2410539]It was clear from a very long time that we couldn't afford that 'striker', or that creative midfield player who could unlock a defence. That player you need to make a difference, the player you need to get promoted. The only manager who did this was Wilkin, he managed to get one if not two of the best strikers this level has seen since Vardy and Tubbs. When it was crystal clear that this was the case I knew we had to either seek investment or sell up, that's why I've been a moaning bastard for many years.

I haven't enjoyed the last eight years at all but now I feel we might be on the verge of something special, I feel it's time to let go of the past and look forward to an exciting future together.[/QUOTE]

Dixie unbelievable that for a month that season we had Moult,Jennings and Holman.Not had one striker of that level since. Quigley probably closest.

louisleftboot 20th November 2020 21.28:46

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2410551]Dixie unbelievable that for a month that season we had Moult,Jennings and Holman.Not had one striker of that level since. Quigley probably closest.[/QUOTE]

And how many of those games did we start with Bishop and someone like York up front :toilet:

Rob Edwards 20th November 2020 22.33:25

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2410553]And how many of those games did we start with Bishop and someone like York up front :toilet:[/QUOTE]

Signing of Holman,by Horne allegedly,hurt Wilkin's pride.However he was stupid to leave him on bench as Bishop was useless that season and contributed significantly with the dissenters (Keates & Ashton allegedly) to our poor league position and his sacking.

LMH23 20th November 2020 22.42:21

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2410557]Signing of Holman,by Horne allegedly,hurt Wilkin's pride.However he was stupid to leave him on bench as Bishop was useless that season and contributed significantly with the dissenters (Keates & Ashton allegedly) to our poor league position and his sacking.[/QUOTE]

The fact we didn't play Holman, Moult, and Jennings together shows how poor Wilkin was as a manager. Utterly incapable of compromise or flexibility when practically every other manager at this level would have killed for at least one player of that calibre never mind three. They had the potential to be the trio to carry us out of the league but he persisted with his dull, one-dimensional tactics and boring, predictable players because they were his.

Colonel D 21st November 2020 11.57:57

Be interesting to see if there are any interesting faces in the Directors Box today.

Back of the Kop 21st November 2020 12.25:54

[QUOTE=LMH23;2410559]The fact we didn't play Holman, Moult, and Jennings together shows how poor Wilkin was as a manager. Utterly incapable of compromise or flexibility when practically every other manager at this level would have killed for at least one player of that calibre never mind three. They had the potential to be the trio to carry us out of the league but he persisted with his dull, one-dimensional tactics and boring, predictable players because they were his.[/QUOTE]

Talking of Moulty, only played 36 games in 3 years with PNE and still only 28.

Seen a few tweets from him recently congratulating us on the takeover, he seems genuinely excited by it.

The only player I'd have back of the last 5 years or so.

Could we tempt him back if he's only averaging 12 games a season with Preston ?

He'd be a revelation here after a few years at a higher level.

Wishful thinking but you gotta have a dream

louisleftboot 21st November 2020 12.26:43

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2410690]Talking of Moulty, only played 36 games in 3 years with PNE and still only 28.

Seen a few tweets from him recently congratulating us on the takeover, he seems genuinely excited by it.

Wishful thinking but you gotta have a dream[/QUOTE]

Had a lot of injury problems I think.

Back of the Kop 21st November 2020 12.29:50

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2410692]Had a lot of injury problems I think.[/QUOTE]

It's a damn shame if he's crocked. Would be in my Wrexham non league XI for sure

lewi11 21st November 2020 13.22:05

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2410690]Talking of Moulty, only played 36 games in 3 years with PNE and still only 28.

Wishful thinking but you gotta have a dream[/QUOTE]

Hasn't played since August last year because of an ACL injury.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.20:37.