RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   New CEO (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116587-new-ceo.html)

Colonel D 16th November 2020 20.10:03

New CEO

Will the new CEO be appointed by the new owners sooner rather than later , so that matters can progress ?

Dafgog 16th November 2020 20.11:31

Re: New CEO

Expect it to be the first appointment after everything is ratified. Could be our best result of the season.

WxmWynno 16th November 2020 20.13:05

They mentioned in their video that they are already at work with the project... #excitingtimes
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

rob_1072 16th November 2020 20.13:21

Based on absolutely nothing I think they could be put in place straight away and get the planning started before the take over is done.

Colonel D 16th November 2020 20.13:51

[QUOTE=Dafgog;2408783]Expect it to be the first appointment after everything is ratified. Could be our best result of the season.[/QUOTE]

Does the deal have to be finalised or can the CEO be put in now ?
I can understand no other changes/sackings yet .

jarko 16th November 2020 20.15:23

He probably has been picked and waiting to take up new his new role.

Alan Attack 16th November 2020 20.18:35

[QUOTE=jarko;2408791]He probably has been picked and waiting to take up new his new role.[/QUOTE]

I’d say that’s an absolute given.

bowler 16th November 2020 20.20:00

Article in Liverpool Echo connecting Peter Moore to being the new CEO.

Canadian Dragon 16th November 2020 20.21:12

How long does it take for all the necessary authorities to approve this? Is there anyway that they won't? Hoping that won't happen of course, but just curious.

jarko 16th November 2020 20.22:03

[QUOTE=bowler;2408799]Article in Liverpool Echo connecting Peter Moore to being the new CEO.[/QUOTE]

Now that would top it all off wouldn't it :)

JägerRed 16th November 2020 20.27:00

I doubt it would be Peter Moore

Inside Left 16th November 2020 20.30:53

[QUOTE=bowler;2408799]Article in Liverpool Echo connecting Peter Moore to being the new CEO.[/QUOTE]

Twinned with Pravda ?

-luke 16th November 2020 20.32:50

[QUOTE=JägerRed;2408807]I doubt it would be Peter Moore[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be the weirdest thing to happen this week

Redpensioner 16th November 2020 20.44:06

I can't see the CEO getting rid of our management team straight away and bringing in his own. That will take time.

Tom wafc 16th November 2020 20.53:31

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2408824]I can't see the CEO getting rid of our management team straight away and bringing in his own. That will take time.[/QUOTE]

We are already into a season so time isn't on our hands. Football is ruthless business and having a manger that isn't doing well or popular with a part time management team shouldn't be something our new CEO stands for when he arrives. If we lose tomorrow night the pressure will just keep mounting on Keates.

bowler 16th November 2020 20.59:02

I don't give Keates and his gang a fortnight will be gone.

Lods 16th November 2020 21.44:38

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2408789]Does the deal have to be finalised or can the CEO be put in now ?
I can understand no other changes/sackings yet .[/QUOTE]

It's best practice to not officially announce anything until you've dotted the 'i's and crossed the 't's.

It's still not over the line, even if it's everything but at this point.

Dyfrig 16th November 2020 21.50:50

Honestly, I know it won't happen, but the best thing that they could do is for the WST to sack Keates now. I doubt R&R would want a sacking to be one of the first things they do at the club (the only way they could spin it is if they paid him a lot to part ways). So the best business sense now is to quietly ask the Trust to get rid of him, allowing them to take over with a clean slate. To emphasise, I don't think this will happen.

jonesfach 16th November 2020 22.38:32

An Aston Martin was behind me today heading towards Marford. I won’t post the registration up but I’m positive it was Peter Moore. The interesting thing was the time!! About 2.40 so as if he’s been at the ground for the announcement and has left shortly after doing what he needed to do.

Bissell 16th November 2020 22.44:38

It’s going to be a crucial appointment, get this right and the rest should fall in to place.

I expect them to go with a safe pair of hands. If you were wanting to build, and entrust £2m of investment, you have to get the right person in to manage that.

Back of the Kop 16th November 2020 22.49:13

[quote=jonesfach;2408890]an aston martin was behind me today heading towards marford. I won’t post the registration up but i’m positive it was peter moore. The interesting thing was the time!! About 2.40 so as if he’s been at the ground for the announcement and has left shortly after doing what he needed to do.[/quote]

2 + 2 = 22 ?

andy buckley 16th November 2020 22.54:11

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2408890]An Aston Martin was behind me today heading towards Marford. I won’t post the registration up but I’m positive it was Peter Moore. The interesting thing was the time!! About 2.40 so as if he’s been at the ground for the announcement and has left shortly after doing what he needed to do.[/QUOTE]

What do you drive to have Aston Martin trailing behind you ����

bigJ 16th November 2020 22.57:57

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2408901]What do you drive to have Aston Martin trailing behind you ����[/QUOTE]

The number 1 to Chester

wrexhamforever16 16th November 2020 23.07:40

He’s already been picked and he’ll just be waiting to start. Hes also guaranteed to have already done his homework with Keates and the rest of it. He’ll see the unrest within the fans for Keates & he’ll know the run we are on. I think he’ll be gone pretty quickly once everything is ratified for the take over. Wouldn’t at all be surprised if the new manager is in place either. Gone are the times where we have amateurs in charge, these will have plans already in place for where they want to go & boy is it exciting

Inside Left 16th November 2020 23.14:11

Astons are not environmentally friendly and would not fit well with the new club image

Birdy 16th November 2020 23.30:43

I listened to spencer harris' interview before and tbf he spoke well and credit where its due we needed this deal to do through and finally the board have delivered on something which will take the club forward so at least spencer can hold is head up high on exiting of the board room!

pawn star 16th November 2020 23.35:22

Just noticed he has been following Wrexham fc tweets, and also WST tweets and is also followed by WST as well as more than 2000 others

bowler 17th November 2020 00.39:45

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2408910]Astons are not environmentally friendly and would not fit well with the new club image[/QUOTE]

The beds I bought from Aston's were fine😉

Cenotaff 17th November 2020 00.45:43

Moore would be the cherry on top. It would be an outrageous coup, regardless of who is taking over. Top clubs throughout Europe would want him. It's going to be a kick in the gonads if it's anybody else now.

gazwxm 17th November 2020 01.21:15

I’ve heard from a fairly reliable source that the CEO started work Monday, was at the club all day as R/R knew the result of the vote. No idea who it is though

short_gog 17th November 2020 03.50:01

[QUOTE=gazwxm;2408940]I’ve heard from a fairly reliable source that the CEO started work Monday, was at the club all day as R/R knew the result of the vote. No idea who it is though[/QUOTE]

R&R and WST knew the result at 5pm on Sunday at the latest, it was electronic and could be tallied up as it was voted, possibly days earlier dependent on when people voted. If M is the new CEO that would be as big a coup as any in the world of football, even if he's here for the first 2 or 3 years max, it would be akin to us getting klopp as manager!

OriginalRhylRed 17th November 2020 07.03:32

[QUOTE=Dyfrig;2408858]Honestly, I know it won't happen, but the best thing that they could do is for the WST to sack Keates now. I doubt R&R would want a sacking to be one of the first things they do at the club (the only way they could spin it is if they paid him a lot to part ways). So the best business sense now is to quietly ask the Trust to get rid of him, allowing them to take over with a clean slate. To emphasise, I don't think this will happen.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt be so sure, sacking Keates and his clowns straight away would show to the fans they/he mean business , football is a cut throat game we have seen a lot of sackings this season already

RHOSTYLLEN IN ADELAIDE 17th November 2020 07.30:21

Plenty of congratulatory messages and calls from around Oz,several Liverpool fans,Everton too,say they have heard the Liverpool Echo rumour.

Time will tell.

Absolutely sensational news,hopefully able to get over for our next promotion:cool3::hurray:

Iesty 17th November 2020 08.33:33

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2408901]What do you drive to have Aston Martin trailing behind you ����[/QUOTE]

An AA van?

Back of the Kop 17th November 2020 08.34:01

The Peter Moore rumour seems to be gathering pace especially being reported in The Echo

The fact no one will confirm or deny the story just adds fuel.

He seems the perfect fit and will be a huge sign of intent by our new owners.

Conversely, anyone else will now be a let down.

Back of the Kop 17th November 2020 08.35:12

A police car

JohnPaskinsLeftBoot 17th November 2020 09.45:37

Would be interesting - he has always billed himself as a ‘hype man’ so would seem perfect match given roots, achievements, owners, and high profile documentary. Icing on the cake

Funny_Old_Game 17th November 2020 10.40:30

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2408939]Moore would be the cherry on top. It would be an outrageous coup, regardless of who is taking over. Top clubs throughout Europe would want him. It's going to be a kick in the gonads if it's anybody else now.[/QUOTE]

It would be the dream. The man is a genius, he’s literally Bill Gates’ mate. Even if he was here for just a year to get things rolling I’d take that.

Colonel D 17th November 2020 10.43:45

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2409052]It would be the dream. The man is a genius, he’s literally Bill Gates’ mate. Even if he was here for just a year to get things rolling I’d take that.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Yes an initial consultancy of a couple of years would fit the Bill.

Funny_Old_Game 17th November 2020 10.44:43

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2409053]Yes an initial consultancy of a couple of years would fit the Bill.[/QUOTE]

Word.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.01:35.