RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Next 3 priorities (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116588-next-3-priorities.html)

LlayDragon 18th November 2020 11.25:05

Re: Next 3 priorities

[QUOTE=Jebudo;2409749]To be honest there's not a lot of facilities at Carden park, it's basically just a pitch (a very good one though) by the gatehouse[/QUOTE]

Somewhere else as necessary.

Short term the players will need something fit for purpose.

Jebudo 18th November 2020 11.41:47

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2409751]Somewhere else as necessary.

Short term the players will need something fit for purpose.[/QUOTE]

Yeh for sure, I think a decent training facility is a big factor in attracting the better players, I'd try and strike up a deal for Colliers in the interim.

WxmWynno 18th November 2020 11.51:47

[QUOTE=Jebudo;2409749]To be honest there's not a lot of facilities at Carden park, it's basically just a pitch (a very good one though) by the gatehouse[/QUOTE]

I’ve always wondered what people were referring to when they said use Carden Park, but I know exactly where you mean (on the right hand side as you go in)
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

WxmWynno 18th November 2020 11.52:46

[QUOTE=Jebudo;2409757]Yeh for sure, I think a decent training facility is a big factor in attracting the better players, I'd try and strike up a deal for Colliers in the interim.[/QUOTE]

In the short term Colliers has got to be up there and if we want to develop our own at the same level as Colliers so be it

oldtimer 18th November 2020 11.56:54

[QUOTE=WxmWynno;2409768]In the short term Colliers has got to be up there and if we want to develop our own at the same level as Colliers so be it
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

This

Jebudo 18th November 2020 11.57:45

[QUOTE=WxmWynno;2409767]I’ve always wondered what people were referring to when they said use Carden Park, but I know exactly where you mean (on the right hand side as you go in)

Thats the one, I go out cycling down there and have cut through the grounds a few times, seen a few teams training there, they must stay at the hotel and just use the pitch.

davewilli 18th November 2020 11.59:51

[QUOTE=WxmWynno;2409768]In the short term Colliers has got to be up there and if we want to develop our own at the same level as Colliers so be it

Why stop at Colliers, long term we need a North Wales football Academy to rival the best in the North West with in door as well as a selection of out door pitches. Our Sunday side have played at City's and it was a great experience.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 18th November 2020 12.03:05

A deal to use Colliers seems the obvious thing to do. There's still the old chestnut of us playing in the English Pyramid, but perhaps, now we have the means, that can be swerved.

LlayDragon 18th November 2020 12.49:24

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2409775]A deal to use Colliers seems the obvious thing to do. There's still the old chestnut of us playing in the English Pyramid, but perhaps, now we have the means, that can be swerved.[/QUOTE]

As I've said before I expect the takeover to open doors which have been closed so far.

Ultimately, short term, training doesn't even need to be on this side of the border. A location could be identified we haven't even thought of.

Rob Edwards 18th November 2020 12.51:54

Hopefully the CEO when appointed will address the Carl Darlington situation and we get a full time proper coach.This would hopefully lead onto a more professional management team being appointed.

Tom wafc 18th November 2020 12.54:30

Surely they can come up with a deal to pay rent for using Colliers. It can't be used that much during the day. Another option could be to take the slot the academy train for the first team and send the academy to Nine Acres.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 18th November 2020 13.06:57

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2409797]As I've said before I expect the takeover to open doors which have been closed so far.

Ultimately, short term, training doesn't even need to be on this side of the border. A location could be identified we haven't even thought of.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't one of the clauses in the agreement to sell the club, was any new training ground had to be in Wales.

WxmWynno 18th November 2020 13.07:45

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2409807]Wasn't one of the clauses in the agreement to sell the club, was any new training ground had to be in Wales.[/QUOTE]

Yes there was and if they wanted to move out of Wales they would have to have approval from the WST (I think)

LlayDragon 18th November 2020 15.08:04

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2409807]Wasn't one of the clauses in the agreement to sell the club, was any new training ground had to be in Wales.[/QUOTE]

Would that apply to temporary rental arrangement?

NewportRoadEnd 18th November 2020 17.59:51

Suspect mine are similar to most

1. Professionalisation of club staff - CEO, department heads inc Experienced Director of Football with a clear focus on the transfer market. Aim to complete this by the end of the season.
2. Acquisition or rent of new training ground by the end of the season for 21-22 with a permanent one in place by 23-24.
3. Depending on results in the next 4-6 weeks, dismissal of current management team and replacement with experienced head coach on 2-3 year contract.

Catenaccio 18th November 2020 18.34:00

Players need to be training in decent facilities.

I used to have a kick about with my friends on Nine Acre as a lad, it's embarrassing to know that's where a professional team is currently training.

Actually, I scored a brilliant header off a corner for Penley v Groves school on Nine Acre in about 1997.

A deal back at Colliers in the short term seems most sensible.

bowler 19th November 2020 19.36:50

Just seen a piece on Welsh news the Welsh Football Association have not made much money because of covid no crowds, although they just secured £2.8 million for winning the group,so not sure on that one, so they may be open to leasing Colliers for a couple of seasons,

Phils-an-alki 20th November 2020 07.41:58

One of the legacies of WST ownership; training on an abandoned field with no facilities and pipe dream plans for a substandard non league training ground and no money and no clue how to pay for it.

ITYAMMFSWC 22nd November 2020 11.40:52

[QUOTE=JonoWafc;2408796]Now it’s confirmed what are your 3 highest priorities that Ryan and Rob need to do?
For me it’s
1) Appoint a CEO (Peter Moore fingers crossed)
2) A full review of the structure of the club from board level to coaching/ management
3) Following point 2 sack Keates/Darlo and appoint a Director of Football[/QUOTE]

Pleased with the 3 points yesterday, not so pleased with the performance.
Let's see how Tuesday's game turns out.

I imagine R&R's 3 priorities at the moment are to get the deal done.
Didn't a statement from the WST on 16/11 say that meant getting:
1) Final agreement with the WST
2) Approval from the National League
3) Approval from the FA (both English & Welsh FAs?)
Are any of these likely to scupper the deal?

I wonder if there'll be some kind of 'handing over of the keys ceremony'?
R&R might want something to provide footage for the 'show'.

Once the deal is done, what will it actually mean from a practical point of view?
I suspect there will be (dare I say it) 'a transition period', where the paid staff carry on in their roles pending R&R's appointment of a CEO, and then during the CEO's review of the infrastructure of the club.
Where I've been involved in things like this, it usually means people applying to stay in their roles!
But I reckon the members of the board would have to step down immediately, perhaps becoming the inaugural members of the honorary board.
And what will it mean from a financial point of view? Will R&R get control of the bank account(s) so they can feel comfortable about depositing the £2m? :eek:

COYR!!!

Corner Flag 22nd November 2020 12.02:08

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2410294]One of the legacies of WST ownership; training on an abandoned field with no facilities and pipe dream plans for a substandard non league training ground and no money and no clue how to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the WST legacies are poor but for now thd 9 acre is ok .A this talk of golfers and dog mess is not true and remember it's a poor workman that blames his tools !
Yes let's try hard to get back to Colliers which was stolen from us in my opinion , I didn't e past 3 or 4 times a week and hardly see anyone there and let's face it we only want it for 3for 4 days a week for a few hours each day .

Corner Flag 22nd November 2020 12.20:39

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2410294]One of the legacies of WST ownership; training on an abandoned field with no facilities and pipe dream plans for a substandard non league training ground and no money and no clue how to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the WST legacies are poor but for now thd 9 acre is ok .A this talk of golfers and dog mess is not true and remember it's a poor workman that blames his tools !
Yes let's try hard to get back to Colliers which was stolen from us in my opinion , I didn't e past 3 or 4 times a week and hardly see anyone there and let's face it we only want it for 3for 4 days a week for a few hours each day .

davewilli 22nd November 2020 12.25:38

[QUOTE=davewilli;2408879]1) Win away at Hartlepool
2) Win home to Aldershot
3) Win away at Bromley[/QUOTE]

Priorities changed:

3) Win home to Sutton

Dafgog 22nd November 2020 15.41:41

1. A new CEO
2. An experienced CEO
3. A CEO who will make a difference

All in one - Simples

Percy Sugden 22nd November 2020 15.53:18

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2411270]I agree that the WST legacies are poor but for now thd 9 acre is ok .A this talk of golfers and dog mess is not true and remember it's a poor workman that blames his tools !
Yes let's try hard to get back to Colliers which was stolen from us in my opinion , I didn't e past 3 or 4 times a week and hardly see anyone there and let's face it we only want it for 3for 4 days a week for a few hours each day .[/QUOTE]

No it’s not okay.

You want footballers to act professionally on a Saturday and Tuesday night when they play a match, but are quite happy for them to do all their preparation in a substandard environment. Everything needs to be in place behind the scenes if we want promotion. People talk about past players improving at other clubs and I genuinely think it’s down to the environment they train in, along with the coaches mentoring them.

Surely one the first things that will happen when the takeover is complete is a decent training venue found for the short term whilst a longer term solution is found. This coupled with full time coaches that spend more time with the players will see some improvements to our performances.

Redted 22nd November 2020 19.46:48

Does anyone know what the timetable is for the takeover to be completed? Are we talking days, weeks or even months? When will R&R actually take full control?

Back of the Kop 22nd November 2020 19.56:53

[QUOTE=Redted;2411449]Does anyone know what the timetable is for the takeover to be completed? Are we talking days, weeks or even months? When will R&R actually take full control?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it 2-3 weeks ? , so early December

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.22:20.