RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Next 3 priorities (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116588-next-3-priorities.html)

Readred 17th November 2020 09.23:51

Re: Next 3 priorities

[QUOTE=noisy1;2408970]Other than appointing a CEO, I don't think they will be replacing anyone else right away.
For the sake of the documentary, they need to show us at rock bottom before charting our rise to the top.[/QUOTE]

God I can’t take anymore rock bottom from where we were before R&R started floating around. National League relegation fodder for a team who used to compete in Europe has to be low enough.

fluffysheepsupporter 17th November 2020 09.29:56

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2409033]A better temporary training ground, Man City's old one may fit the bill for now.[/QUOTE]

Except it has been leased to Sale Sharks from March 2020.

John Neals Dynasty 17th November 2020 09.40:23

[QUOTE=Jaded;2408825]But is that just because he’s too tactful to say “SACK KEATES”?![/QUOTE]

Keates brought him to the club I doubt he will say anything against him.. On his return Keates has signed up his mates Harris, Durrell, Rutherford, Carrington spring to mind.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Phils-an-alki 17th November 2020 09.55:52

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2408846]1.) Keates out.
2.) Darlington out.
3.) Davies out.[/QUOTE]

This. We'll need to be patient with other things like a training ground etc but this is a an absolute must as soon as the takeover is complete.

John Neals Dynasty 17th November 2020 10.04:56

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2409063]This. We'll need to be patient with other things like a training ground etc but this is a an absolute must as soon as the takeover is complete.[/QUOTE]

Either way it needs to happen before end of the year and the transfer window opening.. I think Hartlepool will be fired up tonight, in the early weeks of this takeover clubs will see us as a big scalp.

Particularly Hartlepool as they turned down a takeover and tried to make out it was R&R
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Kiddy Dragon 17th November 2020 10.41:39

I would have thought avoiding relegation is the number 1 priority.
That would turn the takeover film into a comedy.

Fast Eddie 17th November 2020 10.54:38

This is an excellent thread.

Imo this takeover is the most exciting event in the recent history of Wrexham AFC, however the mooted £2m investment only goes so far - realistically gives us an advantage in getting out of this league. The revenue streams etc are likely to expand over the longer term, but so many clubs have seen investments squandered by appointing the wrong coaching/playing staff.

There is a lot of work to do.

MJ6987 17th November 2020 12.30:54

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2409045]Except it has been leased to Sale Sharks from March 2020.[/QUOTE]

Could use Liverpool's old training ground at Melwood

DenbighRed 17th November 2020 13.07:42

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2408846]1.) Keates out.
2.) Darlington out.
3.) Davies out.[/QUOTE]

This.

Bring some bloody winners in who won't accept mediocrity. The club needs a new ethos, we've become far too soft and willing to accept rubbish for years now.

Same goes for the CEO. I really hope we start setting higher standards as a club from everyone involved. That starts at the top.

Longer term projects such as the training ground should also get underway.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.33:49.