RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Next 3 priorities (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116588-next-3-priorities.html)

Jebudo 18th November 2020 11.57:45

Re: Next 3 priorities

[QUOTE=WxmWynno;2409767]I’ve always wondered what people were referring to when they said use Carden Park, but I know exactly where you mean (on the right hand side as you go in)
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Thats the one, I go out cycling down there and have cut through the grounds a few times, seen a few teams training there, they must stay at the hotel and just use the pitch.

davewilli 18th November 2020 11.59:51

[QUOTE=WxmWynno;2409768]In the short term Colliers has got to be up there and if we want to develop our own at the same level as Colliers so be it
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Why stop at Colliers, long term we need a North Wales football Academy to rival the best in the North West with in door as well as a selection of out door pitches. Our Sunday side have played at City's and it was a great experience.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 18th November 2020 12.03:05

A deal to use Colliers seems the obvious thing to do. There's still the old chestnut of us playing in the English Pyramid, but perhaps, now we have the means, that can be swerved.

LlayDragon 18th November 2020 12.49:24

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2409775]A deal to use Colliers seems the obvious thing to do. There's still the old chestnut of us playing in the English Pyramid, but perhaps, now we have the means, that can be swerved.[/QUOTE]

As I've said before I expect the takeover to open doors which have been closed so far.

Ultimately, short term, training doesn't even need to be on this side of the border. A location could be identified we haven't even thought of.

Rob Edwards 18th November 2020 12.51:54

Hopefully the CEO when appointed will address the Carl Darlington situation and we get a full time proper coach.This would hopefully lead onto a more professional management team being appointed.

Tom wafc 18th November 2020 12.54:30

Surely they can come up with a deal to pay rent for using Colliers. It can't be used that much during the day. Another option could be to take the slot the academy train for the first team and send the academy to Nine Acres.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 18th November 2020 13.06:57

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2409797]As I've said before I expect the takeover to open doors which have been closed so far.

Ultimately, short term, training doesn't even need to be on this side of the border. A location could be identified we haven't even thought of.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't one of the clauses in the agreement to sell the club, was any new training ground had to be in Wales.

WxmWynno 18th November 2020 13.07:45

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2409807]Wasn't one of the clauses in the agreement to sell the club, was any new training ground had to be in Wales.[/QUOTE]

Yes there was and if they wanted to move out of Wales they would have to have approval from the WST (I think)
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

LlayDragon 18th November 2020 15.08:04

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2409807]Wasn't one of the clauses in the agreement to sell the club, was any new training ground had to be in Wales.[/QUOTE]

Would that apply to temporary rental arrangement?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.10:55.