RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wrexham Fan Aiden needs help - Robby Mac donates £6k (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116598-wrexham-fan-aiden-needs-help-robby-mac-donates-%A36k.html)

Mr Wonderful 18th November 2020 05.17:31

Re: Wrexham Fan Aiden needs help

[QUOTE=JonoWafc;2409627]A certain Mr McElhenney has just donated £6,000 - amazing. We love you Rob[/QUOTE]

I don’t know. I’m stunned.
Owners of Wrexham Football Club don’t behave like this.
We are used to them doing everything they can to undermine us, to rip us off. To make a fast buck & disappear into the ether with the money they made from us weighing them down whilst leaving us skint......
This speaks volumes about what kind of a man Rob is, not a club owner but the man himself. He could have donated a few hundred, but he didn’t.
These two North American gentlemen have done more for this club & community in 24hrs than many a local big wig or authority has done.

The real deal - you better believe it :hurray:

RHYLRED 18th November 2020 05.17:34

[QUOTE=RHYLRED;2409628]Fair lay to everyone who's donated :hurray:[/QUOTE]

Although I do wish everyone a Fair "Lay" I meant "Fair Play"

DenbighRed 18th November 2020 05.44:32

[QUOTE=JonoWafc;2409627]A certain Mr McElhenney has just donated £6,000 - amazing. We love you Rob[/QUOTE]

Wow, what an incredible gesture!

Another jaw-dropping moment in this surreal week in our club.

jacthelad 18th November 2020 06.45:13

What a man. Amazing thing to do
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Dougie Davies 18th November 2020 06.56:06

Wow fair play to Rob. All the best to Aiden too.
Maybe we should have a sticky thread where GoFundMe pages for Wrexham fans in difficulty could be posted? This forum has always helped out and dug deep when needed to.

Hometown Unicorn 18th November 2020 06.59:30

[QUOTE=Dougie Davies;2409645]Wow fair play to Rob. Good luck to Aiden too.
Maybe we should have a sticky thread where GoFundMe pages for Wrexham fans in difficulty could be posted? This forum has always helped out and dug deep when needed to.[/QUOTE]

Great idea.

As someone said before, well done everyone who donated. Very pleased for Alden.

pricey 18th November 2020 07.01:05

Does that mean I can have my fiver back :jester:

crazywelsh 18th November 2020 07.27:55

[QUOTE=GVnaughtyboy;2409604]over 400 views and less than 40 have attempted to make a difference. It says a lot about this forum. We are all supposed to be in this together, or is that just the glory days that everyone craves.[/QUOTE]

It says nothing about this forum, stop political point scoring. This isn’t actually up to the football club and when did the previous owners the WST pay similar. FairPlay to Rob paying it, but your literally having a dig at people because it’s what you think we should all be doing, 400 views and 40 have attempted to make a difference ... you cannot ask people for help than slate those who don’t very poor choice of words.

Why on Earth aren’t Manchester Social actually doing their jobs is the big question here, it’s a necessity and should 100% be provided on entry to the new accommodation regardless of the covid situation. The question id be asking is how has the person managed previously and where’s the equipment gone, could it not have been taken with the poor guy or is it removed along with the care because there would be a transfer amongst the care teams surely as there would be higher control than just a big standard carer, occupational therapists etc can do home visits regardless of covid also and this isn’t something that has just happened in the last week so someone somewhere has failed massively.

-luke 18th November 2020 07.44:17

[QUOTE=GVnaughtyboy;2409604]over 400 views and less than 40 have attempted to make a difference. It says a lot about this forum. We are all supposed to be in this together, or is that just the glory days that everyone craves.[/QUOTE]

To be fair a lot were potentially put off subsequently by comments like this.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.06:41.